Audubon Mushrooms – A Field Guide to North American Mushrooms
By Green Mountain Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best field guide for the season!
Nothing beats Audubon mobile field guides! With 1 million downloads, they are the most trusted authoritative field guide collection in North America. Highest quality at an affordable price.
We are proud that 8% of every sale goes directly to Audubon to support its mission to conserve and protect nature's at-risk birds and wildlife.
Audubon Mushrooms is the most comprehensive and accurate guide to North American mushrooms and other fungi available to date. The app covers 570 common species of mushrooms, other fungi and slime molds - enough info to please the mycologist in all of us. Audubon Mushrooms features a comprehensive search function, stunning photography, current taxonomic information, complete species descriptions and reference material. Now with NatureShare. NatureShare is a new community where nature lovers can observe, identify, and share their observations and photos.
• Professional color photographs detailing every species with extraordinary clarity.
• In-depth descriptions of every species, with authoritative information on season, habitat, range and much more.
• Real time availability, no matter where you are, even without an internet connection.
• ‘NatureShare’ feature allows you to track and annotate your personal sightings by location, and share with friends by email or Facebook.
• State-of-the-Art search functions:
- By first name, last name, and scientific name of every species
- By shape using the best silhouettes of any mushroom app
- By order
- By multiple “advanced search” variables including shape, habitats, regions, colors, sizes, months, characteristics of the cap, gills, stem and more
- New Gallery view for quick identification and comparison
• Detailed reference section includes information on classification, parts of a mushroom with detailed diagrams, tips on hunting, collecting and identifying mushrooms and much more.
• Created in Alliance with the National Audubon Society with a portion of sales supporting the mission of NAS.
• From the leading publisher of nature and wildlife apps, our mobile field guides have received 22 special mentions and recognition in the iTunes store.
About the Developer:
Green Mountain Digital, the world's largest publisher of digital field guides, collectively generating over 1 million downloads; over 100 App Store promotions; and numerous awards. It was founded in 2009 in Woodstock, VT. The company has designed and published more than 75 mobile apps across multiple platforms, including Audubon Birds of North America, Orvis Fly Fishing: The Ultimate Guide, GardenMinder, Sailing World: Knots & Splices, FishBlue, & NatureTap. GMD is the creator of NatureShare, an innovative social platform that allows users to collect wildlife sightings and outdoor experiences & share them with others.
Visit Us Today!
For any assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.5
NatureShare Replaces “Journal.” Be certain to sync your content with your account (Found in the More section of the current app). If your sightings don’t appear after updating, please contact us at email@example.com with this or any other questions or issues. We will help.
NatureShare is a new community where nature lovers can observe, identify, and share their observations and photos.
New Gallery view for quick identification and comparison!
Optimized for iPhone5!
Corrected Search issue.
Corrected an issue that may have prevented some users from logging in. If you still cannot login after running the update, please try logging out and back in. If this still does not work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Very useful Fungi app-recommend over others
I teach university level fungi, and find then list of species very good, with beautiful, large photos of each specimen. The text is adequate and provides more specifics about identification that a picture can show. Some have complained about the small thumbnail images, but when you open up a species list you then see a gorgeous large image. The GPS enabled species checklist looks promising.
A few suggestions- the search function does not include a selection for spore print color, which many people will want to use, and also is a very useful character to identify many species of mushrooms. This omission should be fixed.
Though the app says it displays them, I don't see the "similar species" lists come up though. I suspect this will be corrected in the next version.
when these items are fixed, I'll make my review five stars.
For me, well worth the cost. Thanks!
Crashes Frequently and Freezes Up Often
This would be my favorite mushroom ID app (I have purchased 4) if it would just function without freezing up or crashing. It is tied to the NatureShare community and that provides frustration all its own. On the up side there are a good number of mushrooms identified with sound descriptions and beautiful images, although multiple images of the same mushroom would be helpful and is rarely provided.
I really enjoy the ease of use of this app. You do not have to be a member to use it, simply click cancel on the log in screen and it will take you to the ID page. I've never had an issue with it crashing on my iPhone or iPad. My only complaint is that there aren't multiple photos of each mushroom.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 19, 2014
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 644 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Green Mountain Digital LLC
- © Green Mountain Digital LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.