Nothing beats Audubon mobile field guides. With 2 million downloads, they are the most trusted authoritative field guide collection in North America.
Audubon Bird Guide: Owls is a fun-filled, interactive guide to the 19 owl species of North America. Featuring everything you need to know about owls, the app goes in-depth with species descriptions, audio of calls, range maps, up-to-date reference material and much more. Audubon Owls also includes games, puzzles, quizzes, and videos, with a special video, Owl in the Vineyard, all designed to enhance and test your knowledge of one of the most intriguing bird species on earth.
• In-depth descriptions of every North American Owl, with authoritative information on appearance, habitat, behavior and more.
• Owl songs and calls for every audible owl in North America
• High-quality professional photographs depicting each species in their natural habitat
• Range Maps
• Puzzles, quizzes, and videos to in increase your owl knowledge
• Video with intriguing owl info plus great owl footage
• Identify a sighting with unprecedented accuracy. Search for an owl using multiple variables including wing shape, locomotion, song type, and song pattern. Also search by size, region, color, and more.
• Browse by shape, name (first, last, scientific), or by family
• Navigate the app with ease thanks to an advanced and intuitive interface.
• Sync on demand to update new species information as it is added to our database, including photos, range maps, bird songs and calls, more
• Use the app on your iPhone or iTouch anywhere, anytime. No internet connection necessary.
• Join our online community of nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts
• Interact, post and share sightings, photos, tips, opinions and more
• Send us your suggestions, comments or requests. We also welcome submissions of high quality photography of birds and other species. You can contact us directly by selecting "Feedback" in the "More" section of the application.
About Audubon Guides:
Audubon Guides are a comprehensive suite of interactive digital field guides that combine mobile technology with the National Audubon Society’s vast library of information on North American wildlife. For more information, please visit www.audubon.org/apps.
About the Developer:
The National Audubon Society saves birds and their habitats throughout the Americas using science, advocacy, education and on-the-ground conservation. Audubon's state programs, nature centers, chapters and partners have an unparalleled wingspan that reaches millions of people each year to inform, inspire and unite diverse communities in conservation action. Since 1905, Audubon's vision has been a world in which people and wildlife thrive. Audubon is a nonprofit conservation organization. Learn more at www.audubon.org and @audubonsociety.
For assistance, please email email@example.com
-New Locations added to My Birding Locations
Ratings and Reviews
It's not letting me access the app even though I have an Audubon account. It wants people who are already registered with Audubon to enter their password twice (which seems silly). I enter mine and tap to go to the next field; then the app locks up and I can't get any farther.
Date: several years later.
I can get into the app now. The owl calls make it great all by themselves.
Cool but buggy app
I downloaded this app for my toddler, and the download video command seems like it could help for viewing videos in the absence of an internet connection. However, the videos appear to be bugged as tapping on any video prompts you to download the app content, even after you have already successfully done so. The pictures and owl calls all work, this appears limited to the videos (which is one of the biggest reasons I downloaded). Otherwise, a nice app!
Very Informative apps!
The Audubon apps were the first I ever purchased, starting 10 years ago. I happily paid $11 for each back then...! The apps are so impressive with all of the various descriptors, and I especially love the bird vocalizations which allow one to identify birds without being able to see them. This owl app is in that league as well!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.