By Wilson Holliday
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Audulus, the popular modular synthesis app, is now for iPad!
With Audulus, you can build synthesizers, design new sounds, or process audio. All with low latency real-time processing suitable for live performance. Audulus's user interface is clean, simple, and easy to learn, allowing you to focus on sound.
"Anybody into synthesis should check out Audulus on the iPad. Tweaker heaven."
- Jordan Rudess
"Audulus is fantastic, a thinking man's synth."
- UK App Store review
Rated "Killer App" on apps4idevices.com!
Praise for the Mac version:
"beautiful interface" - Peter Kirn, createdigitalmusic.com
"Love this App. It has one of the best UIs I've ever used."
- USA Mac App Store review
"The biggidy bomb coolest most super tech-nerd fun times soft synth I've bought in recent times!"
- Mac App Store Australia review
"Remarkable gesture control"
▶ Visit the Audulus Forum for exciting FREE user-created patches! ◀
▶ Please note: Audulus for iPad Requires iOS 6. iPad 2 or later required.
▶ Educational pricing available. For more information, see http://www.apple.com/education/volume-purchase-program/
▶ Key Features:
• Fluid Vector Interface - smooth animated interaction
• MIDI control - use your control surface or MIDI keyboard
• Polyphony - process multiple voices
• Diverse Nodes - from ADSR to ZeroCross
• Patch Browser - quickly flip through your patches
• 32-bit floating-point signal processing
• Fully Enhanced for Retina Display
• Unlimited Undo - full history stored in a patch
• Round-trip workflow with Audulus for Mac
• Virtual MIDI – control Audulus from your favorite MIDI app
• Audiobus support! - Runs as both an Input and Effect
• Sub-Patches - group and reuse nodes
• Universal Modulation - modulate any knob
• iCloud support - effortlessly sync patches between Mac and iPad
▶ Coming soon:
• Presets - quickly change between patch configurations
• Sample Playback
▶ Built-in Modules:
• Virtual Analog Oscillator (4 classic waveforms)
• ADSR Envelope
• Noise Generator
• Mathematical Modules: Addition, Multiplication, Subtraction, Sine, Modulo
• Random Number Generator
• MIDI controlled Keyboard
• MIDI assignable trigger
• 16-Step Sequencer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Pitch Shifter
• Constant Value
• Mapper Curve
• Piecewise-linear Spline Curve
• Sample and Hold
• 4-Channel Mixer
• Level Meter
• Value Meter
• Scrolling Waveform Meter
• Polyphonic to Monophonic signal mixer
• Global Time
• Zero-crossing Counter
▶ In-App Purchase Upgrades:
• Custom Nodes - build your own modules!
• Math expression module -34 Math nodes in one!
• Timing mode - figure out which nodes are using the most CPU!
• Switch pack - two nodes for signal routing, more to come!
• Poly pack - Stereo and Quadraphonic processing!
Please don't hesitate to contact us at audulus at audulus dot com if you have any questions or need help.
What's New in Version 2.6.1
- Reduce memory usage.
- Bug fixes.
One of my favorite iPad apps
Audulus is really more of a software system than just an app. It's like building your own hardware, as good as you can make it. If you're interested in the process of synthesis as well as the final product, it's for you.
The forum community is great, with people sharing some amazing patches, and the app is growing with frequent releases. The developer is the most responsive I’ve encountered, and always open to suggestions. This is a breath of fresh air compared to companies that just never seem to listen. He's added several features I’ve asked for.
I’ve spent hours in this app building patches and learning about sound design. I have the Mac version also, and the iCloud sharing feature is great.
All in all, Audulus is an amazing deal. It's already bested Reaktor and MAX/MSP in terms of ease of use, and at this rate will eclipse them in all-around performance before long.
If you’re serious about sound, check it out.
Amazing Power and Scope
Update: An already powerful app, the new features are really useful and frankly amazing.
Audulus is possibly the most versatile music app yet created, and it is certainly one of the most amazing and satisfying. There really is nothing else like it on iOS. It's best for people who like to experiment with synthesis and effects, not for someone who ants all their patches handed to them, although there are an abundance of them on the very active forum.
I don't get it
The dev seems cool, the community seems cool, so I thought I would really like this app. I hate it, sorry but I just have to say it. It seems like a great way to learn about synthesis, but my problem is simply that every patch included and all of the dozen or so patches I've downloaded from the forum sound just OK at best, nothing even close to the sounds one can get out of Animoog, Thor, Nave, etc. Sorry but it does seem very much like I'm In the minority- most every other person who buys this app seems to adore it. It's probably just me. Ignore this review. Everything's fine.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 13, 2014
- Version: 2.6.1
- Size: 25.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wilson Holliday
- © 2013 W. Taylor Holliday
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Math Expression Node Upgrade$9.99
- Custom Nodes$9.99
- Timing Mode$6.99
- Poly Pack Upgrade$6.99
- Switch Pack$4.99