By Wilson Holliday
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Audulus, the popular modular synthesis app, is now for both iPad and iPhone!
▶ Buy once for iPad and iPhone.
With Audulus, you can build synthesizers, design new sounds, or process audio. All with low latency real-time processing suitable for live performance. Audulus's user interface is clean, simple, and easy to learn, allowing you to focus on sound.
"Anybody into synthesis should check out Audulus on the iPad. Tweaker heaven." - Jordan Rudess
"Audulus is fantastic, a thinking man's synth." - UK App Store review
Rated "Killer App" on apps4idevices.com!
Praise for the Mac version:
"beautiful interface" - Peter Kirn, createdigitalmusic.com
"Love this App. It has one of the best UIs I've ever used." - USA Mac App Store review
"The biggidy bomb coolest most super tech-nerd fun times soft synth I've bought in recent times!" - Mac App Store Australia review
"Remarkable gesture control" - sequencer.de
▶ Visit the Audulus Forum for exciting FREE user-created patches! ◀
▶ Please note: Audulus Requires iOS 7. Minimum Recommended Hardware: iPad 2 or iPhone 4s.
▶ Educational pricing available. For more information, see http://www.apple.com/education/volume-purchase-program/
▶ Key Features:
• Fluid Vector Interface - smooth animated interaction
• MIDI control - use your control surface or MIDI keyboard
• Polyphony - process multiple voices
• Diverse Nodes - from ADSR to ZeroCross
• Patch Browser - quickly flip through your patches
• 32-bit floating-point signal processing
• Fully Enhanced for Retina Display
• Unlimited Undo - full history stored in a patch
• Round-trip workflow with Audulus for Mac
• Virtual MIDI – control Audulus from your favorite MIDI app
• Audiobus support! - Runs as both an Input and Effect
• Sub-Patches - group and reuse nodes
• Universal Modulation - modulate any knob
• iCloud support - effortlessly sync patches between Mac and iPad
▶ Coming soon:
• Presets - quickly change between patch configurations
• Sample Playback
▶ Built-in Modules:
• Virtual Analog Oscillator (4 classic waveforms)
• ADSR Envelope
• Noise Generator
• Mathematical Modules: Addition, Multiplication, Subtraction, Sine, Modulo
• Random Number Generator
• MIDI controlled Keyboard
• MIDI assignable trigger
• 16-Step Sequencer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Feedback Delay
• Unit Delay
• DC Blocker
• Envelope Follower
• Pitch Shifter
• Constant Value
• Mapper Curve
• Piecewise-linear Spline Curve
• Sample and Hold
• 4-Channel Mixer
• Level Meter
• Value Meter
• Scrolling Waveform Meter
• Polyphonic to Monophonic signal mixer
• Global Time
• Zero-crossing Counter
▶ In-App Purchase Upgrades:
• Custom Nodes - build your own modules!
• Math expression module -34 Math nodes in one!
• Timing mode - figure out which nodes are using the most CPU!
• Switch pack - two nodes for signal routing, more to come!
• Poly pack - Stereo and Quadraphonic processing!
Please don't hesitate to contact us at support at audulus dot com if you have any questions or need help.
What's New in Version 2.7.1
- Fix a bug where the wrong patch could be deleted when deleting multiple files.
- Fix a bug where connections could be rendered poorly on iPad Air
- Fix a bug where knobs would turn slowly and cause audio glitches with large patches
You'll notice that I didn't say "Great Synth." That's because Audulus is so much more. It's like having a hyper-toolkit with (nearly) unlimited tools for building the most unique or even the most ordinary synthesizer or audio processor.
Audulus scratches the itch in the iOS arena that Clavia scratched with their Nord Modular line for full sized hardware. If you can imagine an architecture, start prototyping it right away.
With only three days experience under my belt, I can see that Audulus provides the tools that will allow the most adventurous designer to create freely. I've already designed something that the Nords would not allow. Yes, I included FEEDBACK in my very first design! Audulus is perfect for the beginner who wants to learn about synthesis and the physics of sound, too. It's not for the feint of heart, same as a Moog modular was in the '60s... if you want anything complex. Yet a newbie, guided by decades of sound design literature that can be found on-line, can make the basic poops and farts we all create when starting out. But if you put in the hard work, your efforts will be rewarded. Audulus will allow you to create the synth architecture of your dreams that no one has ever implemented.
Amazing Power and Scope
Update: Another solid set of tools from this innovative app.
Audulus is possibly the most versatile music app yet created, and it is certainly one of the most amazing and satisfying. There really is nothing else like it on iOS. It's best for people who like to experiment with synthesis and effects, not for someone who wants all their patches handed to them, although there are an abundance of them on the very active forum.
This app is awesome if you put in the work
Congrats to the dev on creating a way to somewhat make custom ui on patches. That's sooo awesome! I hope he continues to develop that. Needs a sample mode, but I will be patient because the amazing stuff he puts in the updates are sweet. I can't say enough good things about this app it's worth every penny.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 24, 2014
- Version: 2.7.1
- Size: 17.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Wilson Holliday
- © 2014 W. Taylor Holliday
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Math Expression Node Upgrade$9.99
- Timing Mode$7.99
- Poly Pack Upgrade$8.99
- Custom Nodes$9.99
- Switch Pack$7.99