A highly tweakable stereo dynamics processor with noise gate, compressor/expander with external side-chain input, and limiter/clipper. From subtle compression, extreme pumping, to maximum loudness!
This app is part of the AUFX series, a collection of simple and powerful audio effect apps.
• High quality 32-bit DSP engine.
• Compressor/expander with optional lookahead buffer.
• Allows negative ratios for pumping/cancellation effects.
• Hard or soft knee with adjustable radius.
• Built-in side-chain low/high cut filters with monitor toggle.
• External side-chain input through Inter-App Audio or Audiobus.
• Built-in noise gate.
• Brick-wall lookahead limiter.
• Hard/soft clipper.
• Supports "parallell compression".
• RMS/Peak envelope followers with attack, release and hold time.
• Switchable between Linear and Logarithmic mode.
• Automatic makeup gain.
• Stereo link on/off.
• Process hardware input/output, or other apps through Inter-App Audio or Audiobus (input/filter/output slots supported).
• Save, load and share user presets.
• Supports Audiobus 2 state saving.
• Comes with several bundled presets.
• Fully MIDI controllable, including Virtual MIDI.
• Background Audio.
• Record the result directly in app.
• Email recordings or export to AudioShare audio document manager app.
• Access user presets and recordings through iTunes File Sharing.
Removed the IAA switcher panel, since using this sometimes crashed iOS system processes, rebooting the device! (Sudden black screen with spinning wheel). Also updated to Audiobus SDK 3.
Ratings and Reviews
Makes it look easy!
I use this on every single recording I make on my iPad because it is the only audio dynamics processor in its class--that would be the class of all incredibly great digital audio effects for iOS. Simple to use with a really nice graphical representation of the expansion/compression curve that changes in real time as you tweak its parameters. No guesswork at all! Extremely versatile: you can do light compression or expansion, and you can squish the daylights out of a signal and then boost it right back up until you get one of those waveforms that looks like a solid band from top to bottom and beginning to end without clipping--unless you want it--or distortion--unless you want it.
All the in between stuff works good too. And to top it off, the devs have managed to put a record function at the end of the chain that records what you hear. No clicks, drops, or weird EQ problems. This thing is as reliable as an old mule. Load it up and it placidly makes its way like you haven't asked for anything extraordinary. With Audiobus? While other apps go off and pout if you ask them to play nice with each other, this one waits patiently until the others get their issues worked out.
I would love to see a multi-band compression version of this app. But there is nothing missing as-is: if you are looking for a compressor for your iOS audio production chain, you have found it. I promise.
Kills Battery..Great Otherwise
This is a nicely programmed piece of software, but it suffers from one large setback. First the positives; great user interface. This makes the product easy to use which is important to a creative workflow. Sound quality is top notch and the ability to integrate with others apps is all there. Side chaining is a godsend. The big negative here is that this app will continue running in the background and help drain your battery quickly. This happens even with background app refresh disabled, force quitting and rebooting. Would have been at least a 4 star otherwise.
Powerfull audio processor
Powerful audio processor with everything a TV and radio station needs. Really professional resources, including creating custom presets that meet the most diverse realities. Crystalline and perfect sound. The great advantage is the numerous options at all stages of processing! Congratulations to the idealizers!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.