AUM - Audio Mixer
By Kymatica (Jonatan Liljedahl)
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
AUM is the flexible audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.
Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed), with synchronized start and end for perfect loops.
Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing.
Route MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix.
Synchronize everything with the transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network. Connect external music machines and synchronize them with MIDI Clock.
Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
"A brilliant idea that has been brilliantly executed. Top-notch technical stuff and highly recommended" - MusicAppBlog
"Feature rich, powerful, intuitive, and simple to use" - DubSpot
"Executes live mixing with surprising ease, with a load of extensive features under the hood, quick snappy response on the screen and audio" - AudioNewsRoom
• High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
• Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
• Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
• Unlimited number of channels
• Unlimited number of effect slots
• Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
• Internal busses for mixing or effect sends
• Supports multi-channel audio interfaces for both inputs and outputs
• Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Route MIDI output from Audio Unit extensions
• Audiobus state saving
• Highly accurate transport clock
• Metronome with selectable output and optional pre-roll
• Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
• Play in time with Ableton Link
• Synchronize external hardware via MIDI Clock
• FilePlayer with sync and looping with access to all AudioShare files
• Records straight into AudioShare storage space
• Record synchronized beat-perfect loops
• Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
• Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
• Separate Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
• Built-in MIDI keyboard
• Fully MIDI controllable
• MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
BUILT-IN SIGNAL PROCESSING
• Stereo balance
• Stereo to mono
• Stereo panning
• Mid/Side balance
• Mid/Side - Stereo convert
• Invert Phase
• Parametric EQ
• Low-shelf filter
• High-shelf filter
• Low-pass resonant filter
• High-pass resonant filter
• First order All-pass filter
• Second order All-pass filter
• Hard clip
• Lookahead peak limiter
What's New in Version 1.2.3
• Allow specifying a folder name when saving a session.
• Avoid delayed touch when playing the keyboard near the screen edge on iPads running iOS 11. (Sorry, fix for iPhone is coming!)
• Fix bug that made AU plugins loose host sync after a sample-rate change.
• Remove the 'save location' option in Settings app, it got there by mistake.
• Allow 1-byte MIDI messages to IAA nodes.
• Fix Users Guide table-of-contents links, they now work again.
As close to perfect as an IOS mixer could get!
This is almost perfect! Could use a few little features like:
* Ability activate and deactivate or bypass channel fx via midi mapping.
* MORE busses. Need at least 4 more. At least I,J,K,L
* Built in ability to sidechain. Real side chaining compression, or fake ducking.
This App is such a incredible tool and creative interface to make music and for live use as well.
Now I have one request, to be able to export a project as a Ableton Live Set.
Wonderful app. Absolute must-have along with AudioShare. Also check out Odessa by Bram Bos. A match made in heaven. Or whatever wonderful place you believe in!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 12, 2017
- Version: 1.2.3
- Size: 6.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: jonatan liljedahl
- © 2015 Jonatan Liljedahl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.