AUM - Audio Mixer
By Kymatica (Jonatan Liljedahl)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AUM is the flexible audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.
Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed), with synchronized start and end.
Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing.
Route MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix.
Synchronize everything with the transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network.
Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
"A brilliant idea that has been brilliantly executed. Top-notch technical stuff and highly recommended" - MusicAppBlog
"Feature rich, powerful, intuitive, and simple to use" - DubSpot
"Executes live mixing with surprising ease, with a load of extensive features under the hood, quick snappy response on the screen and audio" - AudioNewsRoom
• High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
• Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
• Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
• Unlimited number of channels
• Unlimited number of effect slots
• Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
• Internal busses for mixing or effect sends
• Supports multi-channel audio interfaces
• Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Audiobus state saving
• Highly accurate transport clock
• Metronome with selectable output and optional pre-roll
• Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
• Play in time with Ableton Link
• FilePlayer with sync and looping with access to all AudioShare files
• Records straight into AudioShare storage space
• Record synchronized beat-perfect loops
• Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
• Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
• Separate Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
• Built-in MIDI keyboard
• Fully MIDI controllable
• MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
BUILT-IN SIGNAL PROCESSING
• Stereo balance
• Stereo to mono
• Stereo panning
• Mid/Side balance
• Mid/Side - Stereo convert
• Invert Phase
• Parametric EQ
• Low-shelf filter
• High-shelf filter
• Low-pass resonant filter
• High-pass resonant filter
• Hard clip
• Lookahead peak limiter
What's New in Version 1.2
• Min/max range mapping for MIDI param controls.
• MIDI toggle-params: option for auto-toggle on/off, useful for momentary MIDI cc buttons.
• The IAA output ports are now instrument type instead of generators, and supports MIDI reception.
• Match any MMC device ID, fixes unresponsiveness with some MMC controllers.
• Allow A2DP (high quality bluetooth audio) and AirPlay output on iOS 10.
• Add transpose setting for IAA/AU synths.
• Forward sysex to hosted IAA and AUv3 nodes.
• New Allpass filter nodes, mainly useful for acoustic engineers.
• DSP meter: display peak instead of average.
NOTE: This will show higher (but more accurate) readings than before for the same DSP usage!
• FilePlayer picker: scroll last file to center instead of bottom.
• Improve unsolo-logic for busses.
• Allow tapping value labels in built in plugin views for keyboard entry.
• Show MIDI routing matrix and Help in separate larger window on iPad.
• Recordings browser: show file extension in subtitle.
• Grey out TXT and ZIP files in recordings folder.
• Fix iPhone layout issues when launched from other landscape app.
• Don't auto-show keyboard on iPhone landscape rotation.
• Fix bug where changing a bypassed node would make the new node unbypassed.
• Fix MIDI control of gain and clip nodes.
• Fix for issues when loading large sessions.
• Improved support for Audiobus 3. (Requires Audiobus 3.0.1 or later)
Very good app but creates loud feedback sound
The app is great, much better than ab3, however I have a small problem with it. I have an audio interface plugged in and if I unplug the iPad cable/power for any reason, the app creates an horrible feedback sound and wakes up my little baby. Hope it can get fixed. Other than that is perfect !
Best workflow of all iOS audio apps, period
I have been using iPad since the first version and iOS 3... this is the best design, best execution I have seen in any iOS audio app. Not to mention how flexible, powerful and deep this app is. I applaud the developer!
A well-executed, concise collection of essential tools. Have been eyeing AUM for months, had no idea how much I needed it until now. Brings the whole iPad live studio together in a way that makes perfect sense.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 17, 2017
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 6.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: jonatan liljedahl
- © 2015 Jonatan Liljedahl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.