AUM - Audio Mixer
By Kymatica (Jonatan Liljedahl)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AUM is the flexible audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.
Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed), with synchronized start and end.
Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing.
Route MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix.
Synchronize everything with the transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network.
Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
"A brilliant idea that has been brilliantly executed. Top-notch technical stuff and highly recommended" - MusicAppBlog
"Feature rich, powerful, intuitive, and simple to use" - DubSpot
"Executes live mixing with surprising ease, with a load of extensive features under the hood, quick snappy response on the screen and audio" - AudioNewsRoom
• High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
• Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
• Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
• Unlimited number of channels
• Unlimited number of effect slots
• Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
• Internal busses for mixing or effect sends
• Supports multi-channel audio interfaces
• Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Audiobus state saving
• Highly accurate transport clock
• Metronome with selectable output and optional pre-roll
• Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
• Play in time with Ableton Link
• FilePlayer with sync and looping with access to all AudioShare files
• Records straight into AudioShare storage space
• Record synchronized beat-perfect loops
• Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
• Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
• Separate Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
• Built-in MIDI keyboard
• Fully MIDI controllable
• MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
BUILT-IN SIGNAL PROCESSING
• Stereo balance
• Stereo to mono
• Stereo panning
• Mid/Side balance
• Mid/Side - Stereo convert
• Invert Phase
• Parametric EQ
• Low-shelf filter
• High-shelf filter
• Low-pass resonant filter
• High-pass resonant filter
• Hard clip
• Lookahead peak limiter
What's New in Version 1.1
• Sync end of recording as well as start, for making beat-perfect loops.
• Display recorded num beats at each channel while recording.
• Allow channels input/output as sources for the main bus meter.
• IAA/AU nodes: MIDI filter with channel mask and note range.
• Multiple AU plugin windows can be shown simultaneously.
• Separate mono hardware inputs/outputs makes it easier to use mono channels.
• Selection of Metronome output channel.
• Allow saving user presets for AU plugins.
• Round-trip latency compensation when recording hardware inputs.
• 'All Notes Off' button for MIDI destinations.
• 4 more IAA/AB output ports, making it 8 in total.
• New 88.2 kHz sample rate option.
• FilePlayer: MIDI controllable Rate parameter.
• FilePlayer: Beat Offset setting.
• Setting for default Bus Send amount.
• Setting for initial PRE/POST for first FX slot in new channels.
• Save/restore bypass-state for nodes in sessions.
TWEAKS AND IMPROVEMENTS
• Improved bus meter design makes it easier to read levels and detect clipping.
• Metronome level defaults to 30%, remember last setting on init/new.
• Plugin views and keyboard rotates to landscape on iPhone.
• Double tap FX slot area to quickly add new slots.
• Append FX slot index in AU effect plugin titles.
• Update plugin window title when channel or slot index changes.
• Transport: rewind/fast-forward if dragging outside edges.
• Upside-down orientation on iPhone.
• Show file size for recordings.
• IAA/AU node menu: go directly to MIDI route popup, with buttons for keyboard and IAA latency setting.
• AU plugin view: highlight keyboard button if connected to built-in keyboard.
• Divide transport beat phase line in beats.
• File browser: remember last folder that was open when closing menu.
• Host sync: Send current time signature to IAA nodes.
• Host sync: Don't send 'playing' during pre-roll.
• Host sync: Send stable session tempo instead of precise per-buffer tempo.
• Detect common IAA app bug and let RELOAD button auto-open the node app in those cases.
• Show Link indicator also if tempo menu is open.
• Show beat phase line also when stopped if connected to Link.
• Allow playing the built-in keyboard while browsing AU presets.
• Audiobus record trigger shows intermediate state while waiting for synced start.
• Allow placement of AU plugin views out of screen.
• LPF and HPF are now initially fully open.
• FilePlayer: make the play-enable toggle bigger and easier to hit.
• FilePlayer: play-enabled toggle starts immediately if SYNC is OFF.
• FilePlayer: sort folders at top in file picker.
• FilePlayer: show progress while loading long files.
• Various minor user interface improvements.
• Updated Users Guide.
• Connecting AUM to itself via Audiobus now works.
• Fixes for sample rate issues with Audiobus.
• Handle hosts with unstable buffer sizes (due to sample rate conversion).
• Don't show company groups for Audiobus inputs and outputs.
• Work around iOS bug when connecting multiple ports of AUM in other host.
• Work around iOS buzz-noise-bug for hosted IAA nodes when setting Measurement mode.
• Fix MIDI control of logarithmic AU plugin params.
• FilePlayer: fixes for loading files that take a long time to read.
• FilePlayer: don't show preview button on folders
• Fix broken file preview action menu in FilePlayer file picker on iPhone.
• Wait until all nodes finished loading before asking to change Link tempo.
• Fixes for synchronized recording start.
• Stepper value double tap allow both decimal point and comma when entering value.
• Fix for node param-knob visibility when loading session with bypassed node.
• Fix inconsistency when reloading broken IAA node and marking it as 'busy' in the node picker.
• Built-in keyboard: note was not triggered if already touched but finger moved to other note.
Ultimate App Integration
A great app is even better with this update. Practically all of the controls in AUM can be controlled via MIDI. You have lots of control over how to mix and apply effects that hasn't been possible before on iOS.
This app allows you to create audio chains that weren't possible before. Integrates seamlessly with AudioShare so you can organize and use your samples while minimizing the space they take up. Well thought out and executed with integration of MIDI, IAA, AU, Audiobus, and Link. Straight forward, efficient, and stable interface. You can even enter notes into your projects so you can track your creative process. This developer updates regularly and listens to his users. This is the go to app.
OMG! 10 STARS!
This is Oxygen to my music creation! How did I live without AUM?! I agree with everybody's posts.
And wow, using the buses, what incredible flexibility! Then using Subgroups and FX sends splitting the signal! Ha, I sort of feel like a kid in a toy store.
Right now I have Sparkle, Noatikl 3, Reactable and Soundscaper channels all routing to Bus A. The fifth channel inputs Bus A and has their Parametric EQ, Aux:Dub FX and Final Touch nodes on it (and I've not touched MIDI yet even!). Then I added a sixth channel with a three minute recording off of the output of Channel 5. Three plus hours later, and a sore back, I am still tweaking all this.
When I bought Apple's first iPad I never dreamt I'd be doing things like this and this complexity of soundscapes too! And to think, headphones and my iPad and this whole show is in the road. LOL Wow! All I can say is WoW!
Too bad my iPad Air 1G doesn't really multitask (Apple can call it what they like but on the Air 1G it's just task swapping with the pull over instead of using a four-finger swipe or the double-press of the home button) as I could have read the PDF user guide I made while using AUM.
Great App, but not essential 4 every 1
Ok, first of all, this is a great app, I was using MiMix , a nice 8 channels Audiobus mixer, but this is leaps and bounds better, however, I don’t know I’d go as far to say this is essential, at least not for everyone, not in as far as Audioshare is essential for me, or Audiobus. If you’re someone who mainly multi tracks with an app like Cubasis or Auria Pro, you probably wouldn’t find yourself using this a lot, but thats not to say this would be completely useless, as you can record into this and it will record each part to a separate audio file that you can import into a Daw or any other audio app that imports audio. This will be a game changer for some, not so much for others.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 25, 2016
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: jonatan liljedahl
- © 2015 Jonatan Liljedahl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.