- Cover full syllabus of exam with permission of ABRSM *
- Recommend by Bloomberg Businessweek and effectiveness proven by International Journal of Music Education.
- More than 500,000 users worldwide
- Up to 180 exam mock questions
- 94% users find aural skills improved after regular usage
- Improving your accuracy in pitch and in identifying features, training your musical ear
* The syllabus on which AURALBOOK for ABRSM is based is © by The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music and is reproduced by permission of the copyright owner.
AURALBOOK for ABRSM Grade 1 includes:
TEST 1: Clap the pulse and TEST 2: Sing as ‘echoes’
• Instant display and analysis on the original music sheet
• Comments and improvement advice given in a human voice
TEST 3: Identify changes in pitch
• Wrong answer? AURALBOOK will explain where the pitch changes occur
TEST 4: Recognise features
• Learn frequently used terms in exam through multiple-choice answers
• Wrong answer? AURALBOOK will explain why the answer is inappropriate and automatically replay the corresponding section - not simply right or wrong!
Start your free trial now and make the best of AURALBOOK to elevate your music skills!
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Could be great with changes
This application has some excellent practice material and nice graphics, but suffers terribly from the implementation. The amount of time the student gets to actually practice is a small percentage of the time the student has to listen to very slow instructions that are repetitively read at the start of every exercise. Then after each short exercise, a graphic is shown that beautifully summarizes the performance...which is then very slowly read back every time.
I’d estimate the ratio of time learning to time wasted listening to slow, robotic, unnecessary speech is about 25%. The learning material is good, but other apps let me learn at about 4x the rate by ditching all the painful verbiage.
It’s as if the development team had an insightful leader who threw his vision at a programming team and had them produce the product in isolation with no feedback. Great idea, programmed attractively, disastrous pedagogically.
An original approach to aural skill training.
I have tried a lot of aural skill training tools over the years and I found this app to be quite unique with its intelligent features for giving performance feedbacks immediately.
I got to see great improvement in my aural skills over the last two months of using Auralbook app. The app fulfills my quest for doing a lot of aural exercises to get faster progress.
- Playnote Limited
- 58.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 Playnote Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Course 1 for ABRSM Grade 1 $16.99
- Course 1+2+3 for ABRSM Grade 1 $24.99
- Course 2 for ABRSM Grade 1 $16.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.