By War Drum Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Auralux: Constellations features a slow, graceful feel, easy to learn mechanics and vibrant minimalistic graphics, all pulsing to the rhythm of ambient music. This game is designed to provide a relaxing, cerebral experience yet will challenge even the most experienced RTS fans.
Every choice matters, and the only path to victory is through clever strategy. It’s Real-Time Strategy, deconstructed.
- 150 unique levels, with a dozen new twists to classic Auralux gameplay
- Play on the big screen with tvOS functionality!
- Online multiplayer for up to four players to wage planetary war against each other.
- New modes and maps including black holes, supernovas and wormholes!
- Keep your journey alive with Handoff support on iPad, iPhone and Mac!
"Auralux is real-time strategy in its purest form... It's simple. It's elegant. It's slow and engrossing." – Kotaku
"Auralux is a success. It distills the real-time-strategy game to its purest form." - The A.V. Club
"The later game introduces some very interesting mechanics though, such as black holes, gamma ray bursts, and orbiting planets... There is something for everyone." – Techgage
What's New in Version 1.09
* New constellation, Fracture! Your planets in this constellation will rupture and be rendered uneffective when attacked, bringing yet another strategic twist to the game.
* Multiplayer improvements! Better performance and fixed a matchmaking bug
* Units will now flow around suns, make the game feel more realistic
* Fixed a crash on startup that effected people with corrupted save data
Loved the original. Love this one too.
Excellent Real-time strategy game
I was a big fan of the first version of Auralux for its realtime strategy, simplified but elegant graphics, and fantastic music. I have only completed 5 levels of Auralux 2 but the addition of multiplayer mode, enhanced control gestures, and improved visuals are spot on. I can tell I'll be playing this game steadily for the next few months. I look forward to exploring the new game mechanics and finding new strategies.
I was a fan of the original, and was reminded of it when I saw someone else playing on the subway. When installed Constellations, initially I was disappointed that it seems to be just a visual upgrade to the original, with an online mode. Then I realized that each of the constellations had its own new element, which change strategies dramatically. It's a huge upgrade to the original with a lot of interesting gameplay. Unfortunately it seems the online mode isn't broadly used, possibly because people are scared away by the high price for the full game ($10 at time of review). The price is high for this game and I would encourage the developers to make this a $5 game which would (I think) more than double the number of sales and increase the number of people using the online mode.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 14, 2016
- Version: 1.09
- Size: 113 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Seller: War Drum Studios LLC
- © 2016 War Drum Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- All Constellations$9.99
- Lupus Constellation$0.99
- Hercules Constellation$0.99
- Leo Constellation$1.99
- Andromeda Constellation$1.99
- Virgo Constellation$1.99
- Cygnus Constellation$1.99
- Cetus Constellation$1.99
- Bootes Constellation$1.99
- Perseus Constellation$1.99