Auria - Mobile Music Production. Redefined.
"This is the first mobile mixing (AND recording AND post production) app that I've ever used that is truly professional. Just Wow !" - David Kahne (Grammy winning producer/engineer for Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sublime, The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor)
•TEC Awards 2012 Nominee•
•Computer Music Innovation Award•
•Computer Music Performance Award•
•Sound on Sound 2013 Awards Nominee•
•Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award•
Auria is a mobile music production system designed from the ground up for the iPad. With professional-level features like third-party plug-in support from names like FabFilter, PSPAudioware and Drumagog (optional purchases), AAF support and more, Auria clearly sets a new standard for mobile recording.
"Prepare to be amazed." – Computer Music Magazine
“...I was immediately convinced that this is the hottest musical app to make it to the iPad so far...” – Recording Magazine
• Unlimited audio tracks
• Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible USB audio interfaces (Camera Connection Kit required)
• 24-bit recording
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes Expander, Multiband EQ and Compressor
• MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPAudioware BussPressor, EQ and Mastering Limiter
• 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
• Third party plugin support available via in-app purchase
• MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
• MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
• Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz, at 24 bits (iPad 1 only 44.1KHz and 48KHz)
• AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
• Convolution reverb plugin with included IR library by MoReVoX
• ClassicVerb reverb plugin included
• StereoDelay and StereoChorus plugins included
• 8 assignable subgroups and 2 aux sends
• Time Stretching using ZTX technology
• Real-time audio scrubbing
• Ripple Edit mode
• Tempo sync and side chain support for plug-ins
• Powerful waveform editor with features like cut/copy/paste, crossfade, duplicate, separate, gain, normalize, dc offset, reverse, and more
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• DropBox, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• AudioUnit (AUx) and Inter-app Audio support (IAA)
• Audiobus support
• Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
• Full automation support on all controls with graphical editing
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Adjustable pan law
• Optional video import feature allows sample accurate sync of video to an Auria project
• Timeline ruler options include minutes:seconds, bars:beats, samples and SMPTE time
• Auto-punch mode
• WIST support for wireless syncing of other compatible music apps
• AuriaLink allows two iPads running Auria to play and record in sync, allowing for 96 tracks of playback and 48 tracks of recording
• Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, and aux sends
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Sample accurate loop function
• Automatic sample rate conversion
• Built-in metronome
iPad 4 or later recommended
Compatible with all iPad models
iOS 7 or later
USB audio interfaces require Camera Connection Kit
Pro Tools is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
Logic is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Nuendo and is a trademark of Steinberg, GmBH
Samplitude is a trademark of MAGIX.
AudioCopy and AudioPaste are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works.
Mackie is a trademark of LOUD Technologies, Inc.
Various fixes and improvements. Please see our forum for more info.
Ratings and Reviews
Auria is the best
The quality of sounds, the control you have over things, the effects built in are as good or better than any DAW on iOS, and right up there with desktop ones. The Fabfilter plugins are very powerful and easy to use, as are the other effects you can purchase. I have the highest appreciation and respect for the creator of Auria. If you want to sound your best, this is the DAW to use.
I produced music on desktop DAWs for about 20 years. All I can say is that user interface on a tablet is so much better than a mouse; audio editing, fades, fader control, EQ, are all just a joy to use here. Audiocopy/Audioshare means importing from other apps or your own stored sounds is super easy. IAA also allows you to use other apps as plu-ins. Included plug-ins are good, but pick up the FabFilter stuff as well, and there will be little you can't do here. All you can ask for in a DAW on the iPad. Quite simply, until Auria came around, I didn't feel like I could do a finished, professional quality track on the iPad; now I do. And functionality is great, but you will want to have all other apps closed, and for sure, plenty of memory.
Update: one star taken off for general bugginess. When it works, it's brilliant, but even running the latest update on an iPad Pro, I have had several occasions where, mid-project, audio files disappear, or play back as noise or not at all. The occasional bug I would ignore, but there have been several times this year where I spent entire days trying to fix corrupted projects. Be sure to back up everything on a regular basis, I prefer Auria's interface to my desktop DAW, but unfortunately it's not anywhere near as stable yet. I suspect some of the problem here may lie with Apple and it's constant tweaking of iOS.
Amazing App and well worth the wait
Auria is amazing. The quality sound I get from this is unbelievable. The interfaces are sweet especially the mixer interface, feels like i have an actual mixer board in my hand. I just ran a simple recording using the iRig device for guitar and it worked sweet without any glitches. I'm yet to try it with a compatible USB interface which is listed on their site (hence the reason i only gave it four stars) but so far I'm impressed.
I've spent a lot of time and money recording in the studio with my band and this proves that you can get a quality recording not only from your home but from a portable device (head to the bandroom, lay down some tracks and then get a rough mix on your way back from rehearsals). And you don't just have a recorded song, you have a quality recorded sound.
This is a breakthrough app from wavemachine labs and I give them a round of applause for bringing this concept, as for me I have been waiting for something like this for awhile and no other app comes comes close to Auria. Will be trying out the USB interfaces for when I'm recording the drum tracks soon and I'm sure it will sound great. Glad I made this purchase :)
- WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- 1 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Auria Pro $24.99
- Micro Warmer Effect Plug-in $19.99
- ReTune Effect Add-on $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.