Auria Pro - Mobile Music Production. Redefined.
"This is the first mobile mixing (AND recording AND post production) app that I've ever used that is truly professional. Just Wow !" - David Kahne (Grammy winning producer/engineer for Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sublime, The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor)
•TEC Awards 2012 Nominee•
•Computer Music Innovation Award•
•Computer Music Performance Award•
•Sound on Sound 2013 Awards Nominee•
•Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award•
Introducing Auria Pro. The first Digital Audio Workstation designed from the ground up for iPad. With professional-level features like comprehensive MIDI support, built-in sampler player and analog synths, real-time audio warping, optional third-party plug-in support from names like FabFilter, PSP, Overloud and Drumagog, AAF import/export, and powerful busing, Auria Pro clearly sets a new standard for mobile music production.
"Prepare to be amazed." – Computer Music Magazine
“...I was immediately convinced that this is the hottest musical app to make it to the iPad so far...” – Recording Magazine
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
• Lyra multi-format sample player with a free downloadable 4GB sample library. Lyra is a true disk streaming sampler, capable of playing multi-GB sample instruments. Supports SFZ, EXS and SF2
• FabFilter Twin2 and One analog synthesizers included
• Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible audio interfaces (Lightning to USB Camera adapter required)
• Real-time audio warping using élastique Pro v3, allows audio tracks to be stretched in real time.
• Powerful audio busing system allows flexible routing of audio between tracks, subgroups and Auxes.
• Piano roll editor
• Tempo and Time-signature Tracks
• Real-time MIDI parameters allow immediate control over MIDI tracks
• Comprehensive MIDI processing functions
• Groove quantizing, includes a free set of DNA grooves from Numerical Sound (additional grooves available for purchase).
• User groove extraction from MIDI and audio tracks
• Audio quantizing
• Audio transient to MIDI conversion
• Transient slicing
• Project templates
• Support for external iOS-compatible Hard Drives for project backup
• 24-bit recording
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip and MasterStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes expander, multiband EQ and compressor
• 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
• Third party plug-in support via in-app purchase
• MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
• MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
• Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz
• AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
• StereoDelay, StereoChorus, ClassicVerb and Convolution Reverb plugins included
• 8 Assignable subgroups and 6 aux sends
• Time Stretching using ZTX technology and élastique Pro v3
• Real-time audio scrubbing
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• AudioUnit (AUx) and Inter-app audio (IAA) plugin supprt
• DropBox, Audiobus, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
• Full automation support
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Adjustable pan law
• Auto-punch mode
• Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, busses and aux sends
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Sample accurate looping
• Automatic sample rate conversion
iPad 4 or later
iOS 7.0 or later
USB audio interfaces require Apple Lightning to USB Camera adapter
Pro Tools is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
Logic is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Nuendo and is a trademark of Steinberg, GmBH
Samplitude is a trademark of MAGIX.
AudioCopy and AudioPaste are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works.
Mackie is a trademark of LOUD Technologies, Inc.
Various fixes and improvements. Please see our forum for more info.
Ratings and Reviews
Please just post the update information in the forum with easy access, or have it here on iTunes. I can never access it. Can’t sign in, password reset never arrives in I email ( yes I’ve checked spam etc.) *frustrated
PS Love Auria Pro
A review from a professional music producer
I am quite confused how anyone could rate this app anything less than a perfect 5 stars....
You see, I produce electronic music for a living. I live and die by the quality of my software, and I would absolutely bank my (professional) life on Auria Pro. This utterly remarkable, mind-blowing music-making system has become my all-time favorite DAW by far—not just for the iPad but for any platform (this is partly because I love making music on my iPad...there’s just something so cool about walking around with a full-on portable synth rig...).
A word of caution: this app is not for the causal user who just wants to record something quick and be done (although it can do this). Even for someone familiar with computer-based DAWs, It has a steep learning curve and it takes a bit to adapt to the mouse-less environment, but if you’re even remotely interested in music production, the investment is well-worth the time.
I strongly recommend complementing Auria Pro with a few other iOS-based synth emulators and investing in some of the high-quality plug-ins available in the in-app store. It’ll make your experience all that much better. I also find that using it with a good stylus really improves the overall functionality...it’s every bit as good as a mouse, in my opinion.
The overall performance and execution are just fantastic. On a few rare occasions, the app crashed, but not once did I lose even a single note of work. So, no big deal.
I sincerely hope the developers continue to add functionality to this remarkable and invaluable music-making tool and can’t wait to see what else is in store in future updates. Maybe support for wireless keyboard shortcuts? More plug-ins? More synths?
A bargain for the price
Auria does require some commitment in order to understand. It's not a casual app that's right for everyone, and for that matter it isn't going to fit the needs of every expert.
Auria does have a lot under the hood. It can do a lot of things that I never expected to be able to do on an iPad. The manual is pretty good, but it's the type of app that really benefits from an active forum. The Auria forum has already been going for years, and it's the type of forum that will continue to be active.
I like Auria so much that I bought an extra iPad to devote mainly towards Auria recording. Of course I have other music apps on that iPad, with Auria being the centerpiece where the songs and performances are put together.
- WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- C7 Grand Piano Free
- Rock Drum Kit Free
- Elektromorph Drum Kit Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.