Auria - Music Production
By WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Auria - Mobile Music Production. Redefined.
"This is the first mobile mixing (AND recording AND post production) app that I've ever used that is truly professional. Just Wow !" - David Kahne (Grammy winning producer/engineer for Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sublime, The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor)
•TEC Awards 2012 Nominee•
•Computer Music Innovation Award•
•Computer Music Performance Award•
•Sound on Sound 2013 Awards Nominee•
•Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award•
Auria is a mobile music production system designed from the ground up for the iPad. With professional-level features like third-party plug-in support from names like FabFilter, PSPAudioware and Drumagog (optional purchases), AAF support and more, Auria clearly sets a new standard for mobile recording.
"Prepare to be amazed." – Computer Music Magazine
“...I was immediately convinced that this is the hottest musical app to make it to the iPad so far...” – Recording Magazine
• Unlimited audio tracks
• Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible USB audio interfaces (Camera Connection Kit required)
• 24-bit recording
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes Expander, Multiband EQ and Compressor
• MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPAudioware BussPressor, EQ and Mastering Limiter
• 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
• Third party plugin support available via in-app purchase
• MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
• MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
• Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz, at 24 bits (iPad 1 only 44.1KHz and 48KHz)
• AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
• Convolution reverb plugin with included IR library by MoReVoX
• ClassicVerb reverb plugin included
• StereoDelay and StereoChorus plugins included
• 8 assignable subgroups and 2 aux sends
• Time Stretching using ZTX technology
• Real-time audio scrubbing
• Ripple Edit mode
• Tempo sync and side chain support for plug-ins
• Powerful waveform editor with features like cut/copy/paste, crossfade, duplicate, separate, gain, normalize, dc offset, reverse, and more
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• DropBox, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• AudioUnit (AUx) and Inter-app Audio support (IAA)
• Audiobus support
• Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
• Full automation support on all controls with graphical editing
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Adjustable pan law
• Optional video import feature allows sample accurate sync of video to an Auria project
• Timeline ruler options include minutes:seconds, bars:beats, samples and SMPTE time
• Auto-punch mode
• WIST support for wireless syncing of other compatible music apps
• AuriaLink allows two iPads running Auria to play and record in sync, allowing for 96 tracks of playback and 48 tracks of recording
• Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, and aux sends
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Sample accurate loop function
• Automatic sample rate conversion
• Built-in metronome
iPad 4 or later recommended
Compatible with all iPad models
iOS 7 or later
USB audio interfaces require Camera Connection Kit
Pro Tools is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
Logic is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Nuendo and is a trademark of Steinberg, GmBH
Samplitude is a trademark of MAGIX.
AudioCopy and AudioPaste are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works.
Mackie is a trademark of LOUD Technologies, Inc.
What's New in Version 2.15
Various improvements - see our forum for more information
Best iOS DAW hands down, but...
4 stars instead of 5 because even on my iPad Pro it still crashes occasionally. It crashed much more often on my older iPad Air 1, especially when I added multiple track effects. Clearly, Auria needs a lot of available memory to run effectively.
The major problem with the program is the much anticipated MIDI functionality, which still is just too buggy to be useful. I’ve had nearly complete song files completely lost due to glitches with MiDI tracks. In other cases, the contents of MIDI tracks just inexplicably disappeared, requiring me to re-record entire tracks. Until those issues are fixed, I simply don’t trust the MIDI functionality of Auria, and avoid using it altogether.
The above criticisms aside, as a digital audio recorder, Auria is second to none for iOS. It’s not as user friendly as, say, Harmonic Dog’s DAW, or the much cheaper Garage Band, but it’s absolutely worth the extra learning curve and money to get access to some very professional sounding effects.
This is my go to DAW, for sure. I just wish the MIDI functionality was more trust worthy.
Probably overkill, but I’m using Auria for podcast editing — typically with only 4 separate voice channels. It’s great.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 05, 2017
- Version: 2.15
- Size: 1.01 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- © 2015 WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Auria Pro$24.99
- Micro Warmer Effect Plug-in$19.99
- Pro-Q Effect Plug-in$29.99
- ReTune Effect Add-on$5.99
- Drumagog Add-on$19.99
- THM Effect Plug-in$19.99
- Video Import Add-On$4.99
- C7 Grand PianoFree
- Rock Drum KitFree
- Echo Effect Plug-in$14.99