Auria - Mobile Music Production. Redefined.
"This is the first mobile mixing (AND recording AND post production) app that I've ever used that is truly professional. Just Wow !" - David Kahne (Grammy winning producer/engineer for Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sublime, The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor)
•TEC Awards 2012 Nominee•
•Computer Music Innovation Award•
•Computer Music Performance Award•
•Sound on Sound 2013 Awards Nominee•
•Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award•
Auria is a mobile music production system designed from the ground up for the iPad. With professional-level features like third-party plug-in support from names like FabFilter, PSPAudioware and Drumagog (optional purchases), AAF support and more, Auria clearly sets a new standard for mobile recording.
"Prepare to be amazed." – Computer Music Magazine
“...I was immediately convinced that this is the hottest musical app to make it to the iPad so far...” – Recording Magazine
• Unlimited audio tracks
• Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible USB audio interfaces (Camera Connection Kit required)
• 24-bit recording
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes Expander, Multiband EQ and Compressor
• MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPAudioware BussPressor, EQ and Mastering Limiter
• 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
• Third party plugin support available via in-app purchase
• MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
• MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
• Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz, at 24 bits (iPad 1 only 44.1KHz and 48KHz)
• AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
• Convolution reverb plugin with included IR library by MoReVoX
• ClassicVerb reverb plugin included
• StereoDelay and StereoChorus plugins included
• 8 assignable subgroups and 2 aux sends
• Time Stretching using ZTX technology
• Real-time audio scrubbing
• Ripple Edit mode
• Tempo sync and side chain support for plug-ins
• Powerful waveform editor with features like cut/copy/paste, crossfade, duplicate, separate, gain, normalize, dc offset, reverse, and more
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• DropBox, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• AudioUnit (AUx) and Inter-app Audio support (IAA)
• Audiobus support
• Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
• Full automation support on all controls with graphical editing
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Adjustable pan law
• Optional video import feature allows sample accurate sync of video to an Auria project
• Timeline ruler options include minutes:seconds, bars:beats, samples and SMPTE time
• Auto-punch mode
• WIST support for wireless syncing of other compatible music apps
• AuriaLink allows two iPads running Auria to play and record in sync, allowing for 96 tracks of playback and 48 tracks of recording
• Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, and aux sends
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Sample accurate loop function
• Automatic sample rate conversion
• Built-in metronome
iPad 4 or later recommended
Compatible with all iPad models
iOS 7 or later
USB audio interfaces require Camera Connection Kit
Pro Tools is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
Logic is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Nuendo and is a trademark of Steinberg, GmBH
Samplitude is a trademark of MAGIX.
AudioCopy and AudioPaste are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works.
Mackie is a trademark of LOUD Technologies, Inc.
Please see our forum for a complete list of improvements: auriaapp.com/forum
Ratings and Reviews
Became My Main DAW
I can do nearly everything I need to in Auria Pro. I use a 12.9 IPad Pro 1st gen., and the Fab Filter Plug-ins. I do a mix of tracking with an interface and professional mics and some of the synth and piano apps for keys. With a little creativity I have been able to achieve everything I needed to so far. I have no problem with the UI or functionality of the Auria and love the mobile touchscreen approach to mixing and engineering.
Shortcomings would be: iPad needs more RAM(+4-8GB), external drive for saving and loading files needs improvement.
If you solve this Apple / Auria, I dare say nearly perfect.
Auria is the best
The quality of sounds, the control you have over things, the effects built in are as good or better than any DAW on iOS, and right up there with desktop ones. The Fabfilter plugins are very powerful and easy to use, as are the other effects you can purchase. I have the highest appreciation and respect for the creator of Auria. If you want to sound your best, this is the DAW to use.
This thing is a beast and capable of delivering top notch multitrack product.
The preamp compression/limiter, eq, gate/expander is enough to frighten any GarageBand user ... that being said, take this thing seriously.
It can be used with all of your audio apps and will work with your iPad mic, but obviously this thing was made with professional bussing in mind.
It crashes here and there, but don’t they all?
Is it worth the cash? I’d say yes, especially given what you get with the midi upgrade in the oscillators.
- WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Auria Pro $24.99
- Micro Warmer Effect Plug-in $19.99
- ReTune Effect Add-on $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.