By Auryn Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* "Best in Art" iPad app -- Fast Company *
* One of Fast Company's 7 Most Innovative Award *
* "One of my favorite painting apps for the iPad." -- Mashable *
Auryn Ink (pronounced "orin"), creates authentic watercolor simulation, where the colors flow into each other and dries overtime, settling down in the grooves of the "paper". Based on the tilt of your iPad, colors run down the surface, mix and spread out to create darker edges. Auryn Ink's features provide everything a watercolorist needs to create and share beautiful works of art on the iPad. Now you can generate complete paintings with the touch of a finger (or brush or stylus) anytime, anywhere!
• Choice of paper that affects pigment deposit and water-flow effects.
• Brushstroke pressure effects controlled via the speed of the stroke gestures.
• Brush tip control over size, bristle texture, and head profile shape.
• Control over the amount of color and water on the brush.
• Simulation of realistic pigment colors achieved by combining an underlying palette of physically modeled primary pigments.
• Ability to allows paint to flow and then "air dry" gradually, or forced into drying instantaneously, as well as being able to be "fixed" to the canvas, to enable glazing effects.
• Ability to lift color with water alone, as well as create realistic back-run and edge darkening effects.
Users from around the globe:
“just brilliant” -- UK
"The most realistic water colour art app I've ever seen! You paint a stroke on the canvas and watch it animate and dry into the canvas/paper. Blends colours together beautifully!" -- Australia
"Merveilleuse app qui reproduit vraiment bien le rendu aquarelle, avec la possibilité de gérer l'humidité et la secheresse à la fois du pinceau mais aussi du papier." -- France
"I like watercolours and this app made a great opportunity to keep it with me on my way. It is very realistic and quite convenient." -- Russia
"There are painting apps for the iPad, and then there's Auryn Ink." - Fast Company
"The intuitive and easy to navigate Auryn Ink supports the creative urge of the artists by allowing them to create paintings with the touch of a finger anywhere at any time." - TMCnet
"Auryn Ink does a great job of simulating watercolor on paper and is a fun way to quickly experiment with various colors, brushes and more." - Today in Art
"Once you feel the canvas absorbing your paint, actually sucking it into the porous fabric, you will understand why this app shines." - SAHGeekMom
"There are a multitude of options artists can utilize that will bring this experience as close to really painting with watercolors that one can get without paints and paper, my favorites being how the colors blend and overlap like one would find while working with water colors, as well as how gravity affects the paint, having it run if the iPad is tilted." - Giggle Apps
Please rate and review the app. Don’t forget to send your work to be added to our online gallery, it keeps us inspired.
What's New in Version 2.0.3
* Changed the compression settings that caused the paintings to disappear randomly on some devices
* Fixed layer/ Imported images now accept transparent colors
* Fixed a bug that caused application to quit when recalling an empty painting from the gallery
* Added the ability to save custom palette with each painting in gallery
* Updated sliders settings to change to saved gallery settings when recalled
* Show loading/saving progress when loading/saving to gallery
* Fixed a bug that caused repeated blending of orange color to turn red
* Improved water evaporation indicator bar performance
* Fixed the stroke offsets while loading different resolution paintings
What a fantastic product!! Easy to learn, very intuitive for a water colorist, lots of fun, quick and exciting results.....and all for the price of an energy bar. A beautiful, well thought out piece of application software for real users....you can tell I like it👏
Tried it out and ...
AFTER USING THE NEW VERSION: I find the eraser to be in an inconvenient spot. Wouldn't it be nice if there were a separate button to erase? I find going into and out of the BRUSH section in order to erase, to be too repetitive. I am a beginner, and have to erase often. I don't always want to start with a new canvas because I don't want to lose all of my work, just some of it. I also find that I have to tap a lot to get into each tool. I don't know if this is due to slow response time of the app, water or paint taking the time to dry in the app, or what. Is there a tip for that somewhere? Or could there be some improvements made? Any help is very much appreciated because I LOVE THIS APP. Did I say that loud enough? I love it, love it, love it. Okay - now I'm getting a bit too mushy!
Regarding the new Update. Very, very nice update. Great instructions. But I am finding the response time for tap, tap, tapping on the various functions quite s l o w. I believe the reason is because it does take some time for the water to dry on the page. Using the Blowdryer is nice. But, ahhhh, I don't know. I am going to reread the instructions, just to make sure that I am doing this right. NEXT: See my previous review right here: I am grateful that this watercolor app exists because I've always loved watercolor painting. I've been able to do a couple of pretty nice little pictures with the tools. Watercolor does not come easy for me with real paper and watercolor paints and I can't afford lessons, so this is the next best thing for me. Now I can practice in the little amount of spare time that I have and not have to wash any paint brushes! How great is that? There are other things I would appreciate to have added in the app. Since I am a beginner, it would be very helpful to be able to have more than ONE undo level. Right now, I think that's the only thing that I miss. Hey, nobody's perfect. I could safely say that I love this app! Thank you for thinking about watercolor and creating an app like this one!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Aug 11, 2015
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 19.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Auryn, Inc
- © 2015 Auryn Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.