By Auryn Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* "Best in Art" iPad app -- Fast Company *
* One of Fast Company's 7 Most Innovative Award *
* "One of my favorite painting apps for the iPad." -- Mashable *
Auryn Ink (pronounced "orin"), creates authentic watercolor simulation, where the colors flow into each other and dries overtime, settling down in the grooves of the "paper". Based on the tilt of your iPad, colors run down the surface, mix and spread out to create darker edges. Auryn Ink's features provide everything a watercolorist needs to create and share beautiful works of art on the iPad. Now you can generate complete paintings with the touch of a finger (or brush or stylus) anytime, anywhere!
• Choice of paper that affects pigment deposit and water-flow effects.
• Brushstroke pressure effects controlled via the speed of the stroke gestures.
• Brush tip control over size, bristle texture, and head profile shape.
• Control over the amount of color and water on the brush.
• Simulation of realistic pigment colors achieved by combining an underlying palette of physically modeled primary pigments.
• Ability to allows paint to flow and then "air dry" gradually, or forced into drying instantaneously, as well as being able to be "fixed" to the canvas, to enable glazing effects.
• Ability to lift color with water alone, as well as create realistic back-run and edge darkening effects.
Users from around the globe:
“just brilliant” -- UK
"The most realistic water colour art app I've ever seen! You paint a stroke on the canvas and watch it animate and dry into the canvas/paper. Blends colours together beautifully!" -- Australia
"Merveilleuse app qui reproduit vraiment bien le rendu aquarelle, avec la possibilité de gérer l'humidité et la secheresse à la fois du pinceau mais aussi du papier." -- France
"I like watercolours and this app made a great opportunity to keep it with me on my way. It is very realistic and quite convenient." -- Russia
"There are painting apps for the iPad, and then there's Auryn Ink." - Fast Company
"The intuitive and easy to navigate Auryn Ink supports the creative urge of the artists by allowing them to create paintings with the touch of a finger anywhere at any time." - TMCnet
"Auryn Ink does a great job of simulating watercolor on paper and is a fun way to quickly experiment with various colors, brushes and more." - Today in Art
"Once you feel the canvas absorbing your paint, actually sucking it into the porous fabric, you will understand why this app shines." - SAHGeekMom
"There are a multitude of options artists can utilize that will bring this experience as close to really painting with watercolors that one can get without paints and paper, my favorites being how the colors blend and overlap like one would find while working with water colors, as well as how gravity affects the paint, having it run if the iPad is tilted." - Giggle Apps
Please rate and review the app. Don’t forget to send your work to be added to our online gallery, it keeps us inspired.
What's New in Version 2.0.3
* Changed the compression settings that caused the paintings to disappear randomly on some devices
* Fixed layer/ Imported images now accept transparent colors
* Fixed a bug that caused application to quit when recalling an empty painting from the gallery
* Added the ability to save custom palette with each painting in gallery
* Updated sliders settings to change to saved gallery settings when recalled
* Show loading/saving progress when loading/saving to gallery
* Fixed a bug that caused repeated blending of orange color to turn red
* Improved water evaporation indicator bar performance
* Fixed the stroke offsets while loading different resolution paintings
What a fantastic product!! Easy to learn, very intuitive for a water colorist, lots of fun, quick and exciting results.....and all for the price of an energy bar. A beautiful, well thought out piece of application software for real users....you can tell I like it👏
Could Be Better
I love this app. However, when I try to save my painting, it takes a long time to show up in the Auryn Ink Gallery within the app (not the online gallery). I have to hit the save button several times, or I have to go in and out of the Gallery until the painting finally shows up along with several other paintings that I had saved previously, of which those paintings keep popping in and out. In other words, Now you see them, now you don't. Could there be a limit to the amount of paintings that the app can hold at one time in the art gallery? I don't get it and I find it to be a disappointment, especially because I love this app so much. It's very odd that this is happening and I would appreciate it if the developers could look into this. I would like to add that I would love it if the Eraser were in its own section in the app, separate from the other tools, because I find going into and out of the Brush section in order to erase, to be too repetitive. I am a beginner, and have to erase often. I don't always want to start with a new canvas because I don't want to lose all of my work, just some portions of it. I also find that I have to tap a lot to get into each tool. I don't know if this is due to slow response time of the app, or that the paint is taking its time to dry. Any help is very much appreciated, because I really love this app and enjoy using it. The colors are vibrant and the effects are beautiful. Other than the above, I enjoy this app tremendously and I would be very happy if these things can be considered.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Aug 11, 2015
- Version: 2.0.3
- Size: 19.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Auryn, Inc
- © 2015 Auryn Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.