AUSTIN’S BEST is the ideal travel guide for your city break. It uses some 250 photos and 18,000 words to help you explore key NEIGHBORHOODS; get detailed info on SIGHTS and ACTIVITIES; follow key ITINERARIES; and provide lots of suggestions of where to EAT, DRINK and find ENTERTAINMENT. All the content is original and since it’s fully-independent no recommendations are ads!
From juicy BBQ and bat-watching to spicy Tex-Mex and fantastic live music, Austin likes to show its visitors a good ol’ good time.
The city works smart. Its nationwide reputation for brains and creativity is supported by the University of Texas and a booming tech industry. And it plays smart, boasting an abundance of sunshine, hike-and-bike trails, parks, and a river running through its urban core.
When it comes to relaxing, Austin really likes to kick back. The “Live Music Capital of the World” hosts performances every day and dozens of music festivals (including SXSW and Austin City Limits Music Festival) throughout the year. Discover quintessential Austin – and meet some new friends – hanging out in the city’s casual and quirky restaurants, bars, cafés, honky-tonks, and biergartens.
APP FEATURE: TRIP PLANNING
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: NEIGHBORHOODS
The lowdown on city neighborhoods:
• Central Austin
• East Austin
• Hyde Park & Burnet Road
• Outside the Centre
• South Austin
• University of Texas & Around
• Zilker Park
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES & WALKS
• Texas Hill Country In-A-Day
APP FEATURE: SIGHTS, ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Kids & Families
APP FEATURE: LISTINGS
Recommendations of where to eat, drink, shop and more:
• Bars & Clubs
• Live Music
• Shops & Shopping
• Theatres, Cinemas & Venues
APP FEATURES: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVORITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• The entire contents of Austin’s Best is freely available by installing above. The only restrictions are that this will only work when you are online and only with intermittent ads.
• An IN-APP PURCHASE eliminates all ads and allows you to take all the content (except maps) offline.
AUTHOR & CREDITS
Amy K. Brown is a writer, photographer, and educator who loves living in Texas. She is the author of Austin, San Antonio & The Hill Country and Backroads & Byways of Texas, published by The Countryman Press and available through Amazon.
Icon credit: Photo: Nan Palmero; Artwork by Bradford Maxfield (estudioBradlio.com)
Feature Graphic: Carlos Delgado @unsplash.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.