Autism Learning Games: Camp Discovery Pro
By Center for Autism and Related Disorders
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Maximize your child’s learning potential with Camp Discovery Pro! This professional version of the free evidence-based learning app provides full access to a large suite of lessons. Camp Discovery appeals to early learners and is approved by special education teachers, behavioral professionals, and parents!
Designed by experts in the field of applied behavior analysis (ABA), all Camp Discovery learning games incorporate evidence-based teaching principles. Although Camp Discovery is designed for children with autism, all children can benefit from the carefully developed teaching procedures.
- Separate profiles for each player
- Easy-to-read graphs to track progress
- Settings to individualize each child’s learning experience
- Preference assessments to personalize the animations that play for correct responses
- Prompting procedures that maximize successful responses and give each player the level of support they need
- Fun mini games that give players a break from learning and an exciting reward to work toward
- Simple user interface designed for easy use by the player
- Oodles of lessons, including Objects, Body Parts, Emotions, Actions, Shapes, Letters, Numbers, Colors, Locations, Community Helpers, Prepositions, Counting and Quantities, Quantitative Concepts, Quantitative Comparisons, Gender, Wh-Discrimination, Functions, Plurals, Features, Categories, Negation, Attributes, Sight Words, Sound Discrimination, Describe, Telling Time, Money, Opposites, and more
- Many more lessons in the making and new content released regularly for no additional cost
What's New in Version 3.8
- New map to allow for the inclusion of more learning games
- Other fixes and improvements
Good but needs work
This is quite a comprehensive app covering an impressive array of different areas of need. My only complaints are: there are errors in information such as the phonetics (such as insisting a B sound is correct for a word beginning with d). The other complaint is that with every single activity you have to's preselect all the pictures that will display with the right answer. I have figured out if you wait a few minutes it will automatically continue on, but it would be nice if there was an option to skip this. It is very tedious and annoying. The program also has a game choice award to encourage the child to continue which is nice.
Love it but...
This app is amazing with how many different categories there are and such. My son is 3.5 years old and does really well expect for the fact that it's timed. He doesn't have the attention span to drag the image up fast enough. He starts to do it then runs out of times. It's very frustrating because then he's not making any progress. The time should be optional for parents to decide!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 11, 2014
- Version: 3.8
- Size: 279 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc.
- © 2013 Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.