Autism and PDD Reasoning and Problem Solving Lite
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Although the information on the left states that this app is available in all languages, it is only presented in English.
Buddy Bear products have a huge following among speech-language pathologists and early interventionists for the proven techniques they use to improve communication skills in children with autism spectrum disorders. Use Buddy Bear to help students develop problem-solving and reasoning skills.
Learning strategies in the app target the unique learning needs of children with autism and developmental disabilities:
• simple, predictable language
• uncluttered illustrations
• reassuring audio narration
• open-ended responses
Children choose the correct answer with an easy one-click response. Back, forward, and repeat arrows provide easy screen navigation. The stories are fully narrated and a friendly “Good job!” reinforces correct responses.
Practice all of these skills in isolation:
• Solving a Problem—answer “what” questions to solve problems
• Cause and Effect—answer a "why" question to determine cause and effect
• Predicting—infer and predict what Buddy Bear is going to do based on the items he has
• Sequencing—identify Buddy Bear’s next step
• Comparing—identify how two items are the same
What's New in Version 1.4
Updated app for iOS8.
Lite is right
This free version has only one example in each category. How are we supposed to tell how the child will react to the full version without more examples.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 13, 2014
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 13.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Linguisystems Inc
- © LinguiSystems, Inc. 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.