Autism and PDD Reasoning and Problem Solving
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Buddy Bear products have a huge following among speech-language pathologists and early interventionists for the proven techniques they use to improve communication skills in children with autism spectrum disorders. Use Buddy Bear to help students develop problem-solving and reasoning skills.
Learning strategies in the app target the unique learning needs of children with autism and developmental disabilities:
• simple, predictable language
• uncluttered illustrations
• reassuring audio narration
• open-ended responses
Children choose the correct answer with an easy one-tap response. Back, forward, and repeat arrows provide easy screen navigation. The stories are fully narrated and a friendly “Good job!” reinforces correct responses.
Practice all of these skills in isolation:
• Solving a Problem—answer “what” questions to solve problems
• Cause and Effect—answer a "why" question to determine cause and effect
• Predicting—infer and predict what Buddy Bear is going to do based on the items he has
• Sequencing—identify Buddy Bear’s next step
• Comparing—identify how two items are the same
Although the information on the left states that this app is available in all languages, it is only presented in English.
What's New in Version 1.4
Updated app for iOS8
As a speech language pathologist I found the app useful but the price way too expensive for less than 50 stimulus items
$14.99 for just a few questions in each category. It is a fun simple app but may have been too simple, for the most part, my son has already chosen the answer before a question is done. My son finished the whole app in less than 5 minutes and he is only 5. Very disappointed, I expected much more for the price. It is ways over price in my opinion, not worth more than a few dollars.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 06, 2014
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 26.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Linguisystems Inc
- © LinguiSystems, Inc. 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.