• Best Autism App on the Healthline’s list
• Used by over 250,000 children with ASD as a supplement to their regular therapy
• Includes unlimited language and cognitive exercises designed to last for 6 years
• MITA in the news: https://youtu.be/giZymh3rMHc
• MITA research articles: https://goo.gl/28VCGg; http://goo.gl/lyHw95; https://goo.gl/nUpfNU; https://osf.io/preprints/psyarxiv/xtj2z/
Mental Imagery Therapy for Autism (MITA) is a unique, early-intervention application for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). MITA includes bright, interactive puzzles designed to help children learn how to mentally integrate multiple features of an object, an ability proven to lead to vast improvements in general learning.
MITA aims to train mental integration and receptive language, starting with simple vocabulary, and progressing towards higher forms of language, such as adjectives, verbs, pronouns, and syntax.
Success with MITA could over time result in significant improvements in a child’s overall development, specifically in the realms of language, attention and visual skills.
MITA EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES
• Based on ABA techniques of visual-visual and auditory-visual conditional discrimination.
• Based on language therapy technique of following directions with increasing complexity.
• Based on Pivotal Response Treatment that targets development of response to multiple cues.
• Each activity is adaptive and delivers exercises that are at the exact level of difficulty appropriate for your child at any given point in time
• Playtime rewards will keep your child engaged while learning and having fun
• No Wi-Fi necessary
MITA develops your child’s mental-integration ability and language functions. The visual exercises follow a systematic approach for developing your child's ability to notice multiple features of an object. MITA starts with simple exercises that teach your child to attend to only one feature, such as size (screenshot #1) or color (#2). Over time, the exercises get more difficult and require your child to attend to two features simultaneously, such as both color and size (#3). Once your child has practiced attending to two features, the program moves on to puzzles that require attending to three features, such as color, size and shape (#4), and then eventually to puzzles that involve attending to an ever-increasing number of characteristics.
The verbal exercises offer a more conventional, verbal approach to facilitating language acquisition, starting with simple vocabulary, and progressing towards higher forms of language (such as adjectives, prepositions, and syntax).
MITA is designed for early childhood and intended for long-term, daily use. It is designed to be engaging and educational, as well as adaptive and responsive to the individual abilities of each child.
MITA is developed by Dr. A. Vyshedskiy, a neuroscientist from Boston University; R. Dunn, a Harvard-educated early-child-development specialist; MIT-educated, J. Elgart and a group of award-winning artists and developers working alongside experienced therapists.
Access to some MITA activities requires a tuition of $0.99/month ($11.99 charged yearly). Your tuition pays for the development of new cognitive activities that are added each month.
• Tuition will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Tuition automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• You can turn off auto-renewal by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that plan.
Terms of service: http://imagiration.com/terms-of-service/
MITA HAS ADDED FOUR NEW EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES!
The combined MITA exercises are now designed to last for approximately 6 years!
1. The new FLEXIBLE LANGUAGE GAME teaches to interpret variations in a nested sentence' syntactic structure, called ‘recursion’ by linguists. For example, the game requires to imagine and arrange animals living in a three-story house, where ‘the dog lives on top of the monkey and the cat lives under the monkey’. This is an essential game for teaching understanding of common flexible language!
2. The new FLEXIBLE LANGUAGE WITH AUDITORY WORKING MEMORY GAME is a more challenging variation of the Flexible Language Nested Logic Game. Pictures of animals are hidden during instruction, making it impossible to assign animals their correct locations on the screen during instructions. Thus, the arrangement of animals has to occur in front of the mind’s eye – the ultimate training of mental synthesis ability.
3. In the COMBINE BUTTERFLIES GAME, you are presented with two separate images of a butterfly’s body and wings, and a choice of complete butterflies. The task is to find the correct complete butterfly and place it into the empty square. This game requires not only attending to a variety of different features in both the body and its wings, but also combining the two pieces into a single image (in other words: mentally integrating the separate butterfly parts into one unified gestalt).
4. In the COMBINE TRAINS GAME, you are presented with two separate images of a train and a window pattern, and a choice of complete trains. The task is to find the correct complete train and place it into the empty square.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
MITA is your chance to continue at-home therapy that is usually conducted by speech-language pathologists and ABA specialists. We truly believe that MITA can be a life changer for kids with autism as long as the therapy is started early and administered on a regular basis. We encourage you to spread the word! Please write a review in the app store, tell a friend, blog about it, tweet about it, and share your experience with your doctor. The earlier kids start working with MITA, the greater the chances are for vast improvements in the realms of language, attention, fine motor control, and visuo-spatial skills.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome but needs an update for sure
This app has helped me significantly as a PCA to my nephew. He has definitely adapted well to this and I can see progress in his attention to detail. HOWEVER, without fail. This app crashes every time I use it. Multiple times!!! It's very frustrating because I have to stay nearby to reboot it when it freezes or else my nephew gets so upset! This happens especially when he has play time and colors. This is very frustrating because that's his favorite part yet it ALWAYS freezes on him. The content is great but the crashing is too much. I'm waiting for an update on this because I do really enjoy it.
Developer Response ,
Please upgrade to 3.4
The new version solves the problem in coloring PlayTime.
Please fix the coloring pages
My son loves this app but when he finishes a level and gets to play a "game," he enjoys coloring. The coloring pages are not user friendly for small children. Also no matter what there are always spots that he cannot color. I have tried to help him and I cannot get those spots colored either. To an autistic child this is more than frustrating. It upsets him so much that unfortunately I need to delete this app. I hope with future updates I will be able to re-download after this bug is fixed with the coloring pages. Thank you for your consideration.
Developer Response ,
Please upgrade to 3.4
We have increased drawing size and made it easier to color.
If your son has problems with any particular drawing, please let us know via email (email@example.com) and we will try to change it. Thank you!
My son loves this app, and so do I! We work together on lessons daily, and in a pinch if I need him distracted and quiet for a few minutes he's thrilled to work independently for a while. He loves it so much he'd play all day if I let him! I've seen him make large gains in multiple skills since we started. He thrives with the positive, encouraging feedback, I enjoy the adorable drawings. Highly, highly recommended!
- ImagiRation LLC
- 680.7 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 ImagiRation LLC
- In-App Purchases
- MITA Premium annual tuition $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.