By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bring engineering to the point of the problem with Autodesk® ForceEffect™, a mobile engineering app for simulating design concepts in the field or in the office. Unlike the traditional approach of using paper, pencil, and a calculator to develop equations for design options, Autodesk ForceEffect does all the simulation and engineering calculations for you right on your mobile device, enabling you to quickly and easily simulate design options during the concept phase to determine the viability of a design.
• Fast—Real-time solving capabilities and immediate feedback on the simulation performance. Print, email, or view a results report on any HTML-enabled browser or mobile device.
• Easy—Intuitive interaction for drawing, constraining, and simulating concepts. Simply tap objects to select, and then move, rotate, and scale.
• Complete—Solutions for statically determinate and over-constrained or indeterminate problems.
• Integrated—Easy workflow continuation into CAD with industry-standard export capabilities via DXF™ files and email for file sharing.
The Autodesk ForceEffect engineering app is perfect for static systems analysis using free body diagrams:
• Freehand sketching of elements and construction lines with snaps, constraints, and inferencing
• Object dimensioning, global scaling, units, constraints
• Import image as background, simple manipulation
• Create joints (welded, pinned)
• Break element at joints
• Create supports (fixed, grounded, sliding)
• Create loads (known, unknown, variable distributed) and moments
• Add weight to individual elements
• Compute reaction forces and moments for equilibrium and over-constrained systems
• Toggle forces to show force vector components
• Results reporting with picture, results, all equations
• Save and load files from Autodesk Cloud
• In app tutorials
What's New in Version 2.7.14
• Improved product stability
Great teaching tool for statics
What a wonderful tool. As an engineering professor who frequently teaches Statics and Mechanics of Materials, I think this is a wonderful tool to teach my students about trusses, frames, and beams. It helps me generate teaching and practice problems, and it helps me demonstrate concepts to students who are struggling with analyzing trusses or constructing shear and moment diagrams.
I would love it if the program could handle other types of distributed loads — perhaps a linearly or parabolically increase along the length of a beam? It would make a great program even better.
Also, a great next step would be the ability to enter the modulus of elasticity and moment of inertia for the member, and have the app calculate the deflection along with the internal shear force and moment. Perhaps in a future update? I’d find it a really useful teaching tool, and it’s the logical next step once you have shear and moment diagrams. Thanks for a great app!
As an engineering student, this app is a must-have. Let's me quickly check my homework and get past problems that have me stumped.
Needs more supports
Love it, a great app for civil engineering students, and i constantly use it. The only thing that lets it down is that it doesnt have a rolling fixed support, which is a huge letdown at times.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 08, 2014
- Version: 2.7.14
- Size: 35.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.