By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Autodesk® SketchBook® is an intuitive painting and drawing application designed for people of all skill levels, who love to draw. We reimagined the paint engine, so SketchBook delivers more fluid pencils and natural painting than ever before, all while keeping the interface clean and simple. With SketchBook, capture everything from your smallest doodles to your biggest ideas, all in one place, no matter where you are.
We removed the Sign In requirement for many of the advanced features. Now, just download and discover a more powerful drawing app, without signing in. We’ve also made it easier to import your traditional art onto a layer in SketchBook with Import from Camera. Snap a photo of your line art and start coloring in SketchBook.
Sketch, create line art, paint – discover an authentic, natural experience as close to pencil, pen, marker, or brush on paper as a digital art tool can be.
• Full screen workspace and unobtrusive user interface
• 10+ preset brushes, including customizable pencils, pens, and markers that deliver a natural drawing experience
• Synthetic pressure-sensitivity
• 2500% zoom for controlling the finest details of your art
• A complete Layer Editor with up to 3 layers and 16 blending modes
• Symmetry and proportional transform tools
Pro features (available for purchase in-app for $4.99, or free with a SketchBook Pro membership):
• A comprehensive Brush Library: 100+ preset pencils, pens, brushes, and markers
• Synthetic and smudge brush sets
• SketchBook Motion - named iPad App of the Year for 2016 - is fully unlocked as a free app for SketchBook subscribers. Available as a separate download from iTunes.
• Full Copic® Color Library
• More layers
• Full layer controls with 18 layer blending modes
• Advanced selection tools (marquee, lasso, magic wand)
• Gradient fills tools (linear, radial)
Now, purchase a SketchBook Subscription using your iTunes account, right here on your mobile device. A SketchBook Subscription unlocks the SketchBook Pro features across all your Mac and IOS (iPad, iPhone and iPodTouch) devices with a single purchase.
• If you choose to upgrade to a Pro membership, you will be charged through your iTunes Account, for just $29.99/year or $4.99/month.
• Membership automatically renews for the membership period you select, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You will receive a reminder email prior to the end of your current membership period.
• Manage membership preferences in the Account Settings page on www.SketchBook.com
• You may cancel your SketchBook membership at any time but it will not take effect until the end of your current membership period.
Easily organize your artwork in SketchBook’s Gallery with multiple view options, albums, and flexible ordering. You can save to and store your work on Dropbox.
Supported Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
What's New in Version 3.7.3
•Compatibility update for Wacom® stylus
Great, clean interface
I use this program everyday. I'm a caricature artist and use it for live digital events and private commissions. It's clean, simple interface is great and uncomplicated which makes for quick and easy drawing.
It also has some deeper features where you can tweek the tools to your preferences. I like sharp, clean lines and this program works great with the Apple Pencil!
Another awesome feature is the iCloud save feature. There is nothing to set-up - you just draw and your drawing are automatically saved safe in the cloud - worry free.
The only thing I would like to see added is perhaps better custom color palette usability and more room for saved tools. I would also LOVE to have an option to place individual tools on the screen layout.
Overall, the best program I've found for sketching, digitally inking lines, and final coloring.
So I've been using this app for a while but ever since thanksgiving, I've been getting these moments where it will freeze and when I reopen the app, it either looks glitches out and missing all or most of the, layers I worked on for hours. Sometimes I'll take a break for the night to sleep but I'm the morning when I want to continue working on the unfinished digital art piece, it looks glitched out or/and missing most of the layers that were there before. When this does occur, Sometimes on a rare occasion, later ,if it got rid of 90% of 3 days of work when it first happened, it will reset everything again and get rid of all the new stuff I worked on after the incident and give me 50% of the original work. Beside this happening 50% of the time I use the app now, the sketch app is fine. I don't recommend using the app unless you are willing to take the risk of all your work disappearing out of no where.
Almost perfect (Updated)
This is amazing, especially the pro version. The only thing missing for me is better Apple Pencil support. Many of the tools still don't take advantage of its pressure sensitivity and tilt. It would be nice if the tilt and pressure could somehow be tied to at least the size of the brush, but ideally size and opacity.
EDIT: OK, turns out you can make any (?) brush/tool respond at least to pressure by bringing up the pill thing and tapping on the brush icon. There it has sliders for "min/max opacity". If you set min to 0 and max to max the brush will respond to pressure.
Some brushes respond to tilt, but not all. If this aspect of the app could be streamlined a bit, and maybe it made clear how size+opacity can be natively tied to brushes, that would make this already amazing app even more amazing.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 07, 2016
- Version: 3.7.3
- Size: 120 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Tools$4.99
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro Membership$4.99
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro Membership$29.99