By Autodesk Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Everyone, including professional illustrators, concept designers, comic artists, manga lovers, and the everyday doodler, will enjoy using Autodesk® SketchBook® - the digital drawing app made for everyone who loves to draw. An easy-to-use and customizable interface makes tools easily accessible, so artists always have convenient access to the power and flexibility of a digital tool while maintaining a natural drawing experience. Install the app to discover the power of SketchBook and start unlocking your creativity today.
There has been a complete overhaul of the brushes, starting with a whole new redesign of the Brush Library, which includes:
◆ New Natural Blend and Colorless brushes
o Pinning brush sets to the Brush Palette
o Redesigned Brush Properties window, which includes:
- Brush types
- Flow and Opacity control
- Stylus tilt and stamp scaling
- Improved texture capture workflow
- Import an image as a stamp texture
o Loading custom and purchased brushes
◆ Newly designed Color Editor
◆ Support for saving and exporting the SketchBook .skbrushes brush format
◆ Updated the textures for two of the Pastel brushes
The full power of SketchBook is unlocked with Pro membership, available right here in the Mac App Store. Pro members get exclusive access to all features across desktop and mobile versions of SketchBook, including:
• A comprehensive brush library with over 100 preset pencil, pens, markers, and brushes
• Customizable brushes for complete control over your artistic toolset
• Full layer controls, including layer grouping, multiple layer transform, and layer blending modes
• Perspective Guides with 1 point, 2 point, 3 point, and fisheye modes
• FlipBook with an animation timeline to bring your creations to life
• Selection and distort transform tools to freely and easily manipulate your image
• Dynamic flood fills with solid, linear, and radial gradients for complete control
• Dynamic X and Y axis symmetry tools with movable symmetry lines
• Steady Stroke for smooth line art
• The exclusive digital edition of the full Copic® Color Library
SketchBook offers the following features to users without a Pro membership:
• A clean and unobtrusive interface
• Layer Editor that supports up to 3 layers for increased control over your drawings and sketches
• Full color spectrum control that includes swatches from the Copic Color Library
• Other workflow improvements, including selection, automatic save, and more
Unique to the Mac App Store version:
• Save files directly to iCloud, so you can access canvases from iOS versions of SketchBook
• Purchase and manage your SketchBook membership within the Mac App Store.
-Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
Visit www.sketchbook.com for tips, tutorials, the SketchBook blog, and support.
What's New in Version 8.1.1
Seeing is believing! So, from now on, you can experience all Pro features in a 7 day free trial.
Something new, something smart, and something you asked for. That’s the theme of this update. Here is what we’ve added:
• Pro member exclusive: Introducing Radial Symmetry, with up to 16 sectors of symmetry. The X and Y axis have had all the fun for too long, so we brought circles into the mix. Use Radial Symmetry to create things like mandalas, complex patterns, wheels, and whatever else you can dream up.
• Brush icon customization: In the past we’ve given you a fixed number of icons to pick from when you add them to your toolset. That doesn’t make sense. We now allow you to create a custom icon to go along with your custom brushes. Sanity has been restored.
• Color Editor: The last update came with a newly designed Color Editor, and you didn’t like it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained is what we say, but when we make something you don’t like, we listen. The Color Editor you love is back in the app. Thanks for all of your feedback!
• Color Picker: Want to pick a color from outside of SketchBook to use in a sketch? Now, you can!
• The magnifying glass is now available when in the Color Picker. Mouse over the area you want, then tap-hold your left mouse button.
• The anti-aliasing issue for brushes smaller than 1.0 was fixed.
• We've changed the texture capture mode cursor. Also, now you can see if you're in still in this mode.
Not keen about “renting” software
This program is good for basic sketching and drawing, unless you’re willing to pony up for the subscription model, where they can continuously milk money from you on a monthly basis, much like Adobe has done in recent years.
My problem isn’t so much with the price of this subscription, even, but more the principle of the matter. I will own the software I make a living with. If a company can’t offer me that, then they have nothing I’m interested in.
Bring back the ability to outright buy the program, with it’s full features, and I’ll be happy to amend my review, and I quite liked the paid version of this program on the iPad. Until then, I’ll be moving to try out Pixelmator, or Affinity Photo, or one of the numerous other painting/drawing/image editing applications out there that are more than happy to allow me to own the software outright.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: May 16, 2016
- Version: 8.1.1
- Size: 81.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.0 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro Membership$2.99
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro Membership$24.99
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro Membership$4.99
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro Membership$29.99