By Autodesk Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Everyone, including professional illustrators, concept designers, comic artists, manga lovers, and the everyday doodler, will enjoy using Autodesk® SketchBook® - the digital drawing app made for everyone who loves to draw. An easy-to-use and customizable interface makes tools easily accessible, so artists always have convenient access to the power and flexibility of a digital tool while maintaining a natural drawing experience. Install the app to discover the power of SketchBook and start unlocking your creativity today.
There has been a complete overhaul of the brushes, starting with a whole new redesign of the Brush Library, which includes:
◆ New Natural Blend and Colorless brushes
o Pinning brush sets to the Brush Palette
o Redesigned Brush Properties window, which includes:
- Brush types
- Flow and Opacity control
- Stylus tilt and stamp scaling
- Improved texture capture workflow
- Import an image as a stamp texture
o Loading custom and purchased brushes
◆ Newly designed Color Editor
◆ Support for saving and exporting the SketchBook .skbrushes brush format
◆ Updated the textures for two of the Pastel brushes
The full power of SketchBook is unlocked with Pro membership, available right here in the Mac App Store. Pro members get exclusive access to all features across desktop and mobile versions of SketchBook, including:
• A comprehensive brush library with over 100 preset pencil, pens, markers, and brushes
• Customizable brushes for complete control over your artistic toolset
• SketchBook Motion - named iPad App of the Year for 2016 - is fully unlocked as a free app for SketchBook subscribers. Available as a separate download from iTunes.
• Full layer controls, including layer grouping, multiple layer transform, and layer blending modes
• Perspective Guides with 1 point, 2 point, 3 point, and fisheye modes
• FlipBook with an animation timeline to bring your creations to life
• Selection and distort transform tools to freely and easily manipulate your image
• Dynamic flood fills with solid, linear, and radial gradients for complete control
• Dynamic X and Y axis symmetry tools with movable symmetry lines
• Steady Stroke for smooth line art
• The exclusive digital edition of the full Copic® Color Library
SketchBook offers the following features to users without a Pro membership:
• A clean and unobtrusive interface
• Layer Editor that supports up to 3 layers for increased control over your drawings and sketches
• Full color spectrum control that includes swatches from the Copic Color Library
• Other workflow improvements, including selection, automatic save, and more
Unique to the Mac App Store version:
• Save files directly to iCloud, so you can access canvases from iOS versions of SketchBook
• Purchase and manage your SketchBook membership within the Mac App Store.
-Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
Visit www.sketchbook.com for tips, tutorials, the SketchBook blog, and support.
What's New in Version 8.4.1
Was fun while it lasted.
I purchased the full version of this app on April 14, 2017, and i was able to use all the features. I had a lot of fun with it. For some reason now it doesnt remember any of my log in credentials for my account, and is asking me to create a new account. I went to my previous emails and my iTunes account to make sure it was in there, and sure enough it says that my subscription is good until April 18, 2018. I also got a confirmation email that proves i paid for it. I put in a support ticket as the website instructed, and the Autodesk team has been very slow to get back to me and has not resolved my issue at all. It even suggests on their website to “Buy membership again, if possible”. Umm, how bout no. I either need my money back or for the version i PAID FOR to work.
So Done With This
First of all, I bought this app I think over two years ago and it was a one time 60 dollar purchase. This was my favorite program I'd used and I loved working with this program and improving my art. However, I took a break from artwork and when I came back to the app it told me to delete and reinstall. Biggest mistake ever. When i redownloaded it, the program was awful and I soon realized why. That one time purchase was all for nothing, because they had changed it and made it a subscription. Their free option is the worst thing I've ever seen. Three layers? Really. I'm still infuriated to this day. They took away all of the things I loved. The infinite layers? Gone. The options to change the layer qualities? Gone. The tons of brushes? Gone. Everything I loved about the program? Gone. You can get those features you just now have to pay a subscription for them, which is ridiculous. It's a way to garner more money from artists, professional or otherwise. Noce work on ruining a good thing.
Fix Bugs Please
Most of the time, this app is pretty okay to use. I’ve been using it for a looong time. However, I’ve lost count of how many times it has crashed on me. Also, there’s one issue where sometimes the eraser tool decides to stop working, which sometimes causes the app to crash as well. The only way I’ve found to fix this problem is to delete the app and download it again. Which is a pain because then I have to re download my favorite brushes and tune up all their settings the way I had them before. I’m usually able to save my work when it crashes, but this time, the moment it crashed right before I decided to write this review, it failed to save the progress I had made on a project. Really getting fed up. MAKE SKETCHBOOK LESS TWITCHY PLEASE!!!
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Apr 27, 2017
- Version: 8.4.1
- Size: 83.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.0 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro Membership$4.99
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro Membership$2.99
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro Membership$24.99
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro Membership$29.99