By Autodesk Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Everyone, including professional illustrators, concept designers, comic artists, manga lovers, and the everyday doodler, will enjoy using Autodesk® SketchBook® - the digital drawing app made for everyone who loves to draw. An easy-to-use and customizable interface makes tools easily accessible, so artists always have convenient access to the power and flexibility of a digital tool while maintaining a natural drawing experience. Install the app to discover the power of SketchBook and start unlocking your creativity today.
There has been a complete overhaul of the brushes, starting with a whole new redesign of the Brush Library, which includes:
◆ New Natural Blend and Colorless brushes
o Pinning brush sets to the Brush Palette
o Redesigned Brush Properties window, which includes:
- Brush types
- Flow and Opacity control
- Stylus tilt and stamp scaling
- Improved texture capture workflow
- Import an image as a stamp texture
o Loading custom and purchased brushes
◆ Newly designed Color Editor
◆ Support for saving and exporting the SketchBook .skbrushes brush format
◆ Updated the textures for two of the Pastel brushes
The full power of SketchBook is unlocked with Pro membership, available right here in the Mac App Store. Pro members get exclusive access to all features across desktop and mobile versions of SketchBook, including:
• A comprehensive brush library with over 100 preset pencil, pens, markers, and brushes
• Customizable brushes for complete control over your artistic toolset
• SketchBook Motion - named iPad App of the Year for 2016 - is fully unlocked as a free app for SketchBook subscribers. Available as a separate download from iTunes.
• Full layer controls, including layer grouping, multiple layer transform, and layer blending modes
• Perspective Guides with 1 point, 2 point, 3 point, and fisheye modes
• FlipBook with an animation timeline to bring your creations to life
• Selection and distort transform tools to freely and easily manipulate your image
• Dynamic flood fills with solid, linear, and radial gradients for complete control
• Dynamic X and Y axis symmetry tools with movable symmetry lines
• Steady Stroke for smooth line art
• The exclusive digital edition of the full Copic® Color Library
SketchBook offers the following features to users without a Pro membership:
• A clean and unobtrusive interface
• Layer Editor that supports up to 3 layers for increased control over your drawings and sketches
• Full color spectrum control that includes swatches from the Copic Color Library
• Other workflow improvements, including selection, automatic save, and more
Unique to the Mac App Store version:
• Save files directly to iCloud, so you can access canvases from iOS versions of SketchBook
• Purchase and manage your SketchBook membership within the Mac App Store.
-Mac OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
Visit www.sketchbook.com for tips, tutorials, the SketchBook blog, and support.
What's New in Version 8.3.1
• We added Stroke Stabilizer. Apply different amounts of smoothness to your initial stroke, while preserving sharp corners. Now, you can draw perfect circles, ellipses, and straight lines freehand!
• Take brush stroke customization further. We added a new level of texture control to create brushes with more richness and depth. Try the new Signature Ink, Pencil Pal, Soft Pastel, Watercolor, Dusty Airbrush brushes and see how it’s done. The possibilities are endless.
• Speaking of brushes, we saw some of you noticed that we give away a new free brush set every Monday. We're glad you like them! Now, subscribers have the SketchBook Extras panel, which makes it even easier to bring content into SketchBook. Simply click on the ones you want to load them directly into your SketchBook.
Positives regarding Sketchbook
I first got this app 2 or so years ago, it was a little bit junky but at least it allowed me to draw. Though those few years I really have noticed changes in preformence for this app, especially after getting the yearly pro subscription. Though the yearly price of a pro subcrition is on the expensive side if you draw consistently it is totally worth getting pro. I will also point out that I have, personally, never experienced any of the problems listed from other reviewers; the only problems were when I first got the app and half of those were the result of me not knowing what I was doing.
All and all I highly recommend the app as it offers very unique tools and endless posibilites.
Horrible app. Too many errors.
Despite the good tools, this app has countless errors. For example, when I try to shut down my computer, I will get a window telling me that Sketchbook interupted the process. When I try to quit it so I can continue shutting down, it doesn’t listen and refuses to quit. Often there will be a giant blank window that blocks me from doing anything. It seems to act more as a virus than a tool.
Too expensive for a subscription
This app literraly did not evolve much over the past 10 years. Charging a subscription fee is more outrages than what Adobe does who atleast further improves the software in significatn steps.
The UI and tools in SBP are out dated. Yes it works well. But for 25$ One can buy PaintStormStudio and receive a dramatically more powerfull and better sketching app that offers also outrages high end tools (kidding here) like layer masking and clipping. But I never understood wht SPB never offered layer masking.
When the app came out it was gorgous - today it is just outperformed by all Manga drawing tools.
PaintStormStudio can even adjust the brush size based on the perspective grid !!!
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Jan 05, 2017
- Version: 8.3.1
- Size: 83.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.0 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro Membership$4.99
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro Membership$2.99
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro Membership$24.99
- Autodesk SketchBook Pro Membership$29.99