By Jiulong Zhao
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
autoEJECT will automatically eject all your removable disks when you close your macbook's lid.
Your iPods,flash drives, USB devices, SD cards, Firewire backup disks, DVDs, and even mounted dmg files will be safely ejected automatically when you Mac sleep. Besides of remount all USB flash drives, it can also force all ejected portable hard disks remount upon wake up...
"I coded this app because I always forget to eject my iPod and flash drives before I close the lid of my Macbook Air and just yank it out of the computer at the last minute before running out… Each time I open the lid again, the red alert will pop up, telling me to be good! " - Jiulong Z
With the help of autoEJECT, all your removables will be automatically ejected BEFORE your Mac goes to sleep and reconnected when it wakes up. That way, your files, your Mac system, and your devices are kept safe and secure. Of course, you can also use it as a device ejector to eject devices individually and manually.
- automatically ejects all removable disks i.e.: iPods, flash drives, USB devices, Firewire drives, DVDs, and even opened dmg files
- simple status menu operation, easy and handy
- all disks can be ejected individually by simply clicking their name
- all disks can be ejected at once at one click
v2.00 -> v2.02
- 'hide dock icon' option added according to user's feature request
v2.02 -> v2.05
- add option "Change Menu Icon Color Instantly" according to user's feature request.
- 'more by dragonBTV' panel updated
v2.05 -> v2.20
a very important upgrade according to user's feature request
- add option of force remount all portable hard disks upon wake up automatically
- app tips modified
- more by dragonBTV panel updated
v2.20 -> v2.28
- fix bug of "mounted disk list become empty after restart under OS 10.8 - OS 10.9"
1. In order to make autoEJECT manage your disks' ejection properly, please manually eject all your disks before you start autoEJECT, then keep autoEJECT running at all times. You may notice your disks' name listed on the menu under item 'All Ejectable(Click to Eject):'.
2. Special devices are not guaranteed to be ejected, fortunately they normally need not to be ejected before unplugging. As long as your device's name on the menu when you plug it in, autoEJECT will handle it.
3. Not as fast as the modern flash drive, some old USB portable hard disks may take additional time to wake itself up or go sleeping. You may notice the actions by their sounds, so please just wait a few more seconds. :)
4. If some of your external hard drives do not remount themself automatically when Mac wakes up, please make the new option 'Force Remount upon Wake Up' checked.
What's New in Version v2.28
v2.20 -> v2.28
- fix bug of "mounted disk list become empty after restart under OS 10.8 - OS10.9 "
What a smart idea!!!!
YES! I, too, tend to work right up until it’s time to rush off somewhere, close the lid, and -UGH! -forget I’ve got an external drive plugged into the port. Till now I was stuck opening the computer back up, wait for it to warm up, log in my password, and wait for finder to warm up, the drives to appear, and the volumes to safely eject before pulling out the cord and finally get back on my way. Now Jiulong Zhao has created an app for that! AutoEJECT is simple to use, and ejects the drives, as it says, automatically upon my closing of the laptop. When I first read the description of it on the Mac App store, I wasn’t sure whether to believe it really worked. Seems like that would already be a built-in feature if it were that easy. But, yep, it works, so I no longer have to worry about closing the lid and then backing up to ejecting afterward, because that’s already been done for me. Very nice!
Incidentally, I contacted the developer with a future idea and was pleased to receive a prompt, friendly, and positive response. The developer seems to care about this product and its users, so I imagine it will continue to be upgraded. Oh, and the interface is quite pleasing, too. Thank you very much to the developer for this helpful little item. Nice work!
Pretty sure it fried my USB port
First things first, this software did EXACTLY the opposite of what it says to do. When I lift my macbook pro’s lid up, there’s about 10 notifications lined up on the righthand side that says “Disk Not Ejected Properly”. I followed all instructions and everything, and it seemed like it was literally ejecting and remounting my hard drive constantly in not the right way. After about a week of ignoring that problem, my USB port stopped functioning completely. PRAM and SMC reset did nothing.
Does Not Remount
On 10.9.1 The program will dismount my SDXC as desired but does not remount the drive, despite the force remount being selected, after i awaken the computer. This to me makes the program useless, I use teh SDXC files almost every time I use my computer, I’m specifically not try to have to pull out the sdxc and put it back in every time. I wish I could get a refund...
- Category: Business
- Updated: Sep 21, 2012
- Version: v2.28
- Size: 1.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jiulong Zhao
- © firstname.lastname@example.org
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later