By Eric Rasmuson
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AutoMic Infinity is an audio recording app that will record only when you want it to!
- If you record for three hours but only speak for five minutes, then you will have a five-minute recording -- not a three-hour recording!
- Append recordings: Start and stop recording, then come back to it and add on extra audio automatically.
- Playback and seek through recordings inside the app.
- Support for multiple recordings.
- File sizes are optimized for voice recording, so you can record hours of audio on your device.
- Export your recordings via email or iTunes File Sharing for playback on your computers or other devices.
AutoMic Infinity requires a device that has a microphone, as well as iOS 4.0 or later.
What's New in Version 1.02
- Added iPhone 5 support
- Added in-app purchase for removing ads
Eric, great job on this app. It will make a huge difference in the work that I do. The one and only thing that stops me from giving your app the five star rating is the fact that it doesn't function when the iDevice is put into sleep mode. If it could do that, you'd have five stars all the way AND I'd pay for it if you charged for it. This is an excellent app. What would it take to get a private custom version that automatically emailed five minute chunks to a preset email address?
New Compact Audio Champion With Auto Pause
Been testing numerous free audio recording apps and this tops the list for lowest sample and bit rates. Bit Rate: 16 kbps, Sample Rate: 8kHz making a one minute two second test recording in 140 KB. So we're looking at about 7 MB per hour vs 8.7 MB per hour via VoCal XL. Beats VoCal XL by about 30 KB per minute. One minute flat in VoCal XL set to Low is 165 KB. Both AAC files but AutoMic Infinity uses even smaller bit and sample rates than VoCal XL - still plenty for voice.
Plus this program has auto pause when the speaker doesn't say anything. I tested the auto pause part and it flawlessly resumes recording including the first word to break the silence. And these AAC recordings pass the iTunes and Tags import-export test. I'm thrilled to report a resounding recommendation for this awesome voice recording app.
Minus is that it doesn't keep recording in the background when you go to another app during a recording session. Wish it would.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 13, 2012
- Version: 1.02
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Eric Rasmuson
- © 2012 Eric Rasmuson
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$0.99