Automile is a fleet management and mileage tracking app that helps businesses to track their drivers, vehicles, and miles. It also includes expense tracking for everyone on the field.
You can either use the built-in GPS in the phone or Automile's smart self-installed box that can be simply plugged into your vehicle's OBD-II socket. With the Automile box, you will have 'always-on' tracking capability without the need for your phone being present or the app running.
• Mileage tracking, Mileage log - logs every trip automatically
• Expense tracking, Expense management - keeps track of all your expenses
• Fleet management, vehicle tracking - helps you manage your drivers and vehicles in the field
• Geofence - alerts you when vehicles goes in and out of designated areas
• Speed - notifies you when vehicles goes over a certain speed limit
• Idling - keeps track and alerts you when vehicles are idling too long
• Accident - notifies you whenever a vehicle may have been involved in an accident
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Support for upcoming Automile Tracker Pro and Automile Solar, with Sensors.
- Now you can schedule a reminder to adjust Odometer.
- Support for different Vehicle body types in live maps.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t renew w/ Fleetmatics!
We switched over from putrid Fleetmatics (or whatever Verizon is calling them now) to Automile and everything was a breeze. Awesome support staff when we needed it either on the phone or chat on their site. And with their current progresses on their Field Services options, Automile will be a great suite of products for any business in the service industry that has multiple vehicles. And their contracts are month-to-month! After dealing with Fleetmatics’ ways of auto-renewing and other used car salesman tactics Automile was a breath of fresh air.
Wish they made an iPad app
Hello, wish you made a native iPad app. Data entry would be easier if I can get on a bigger screen.
I recently purchased the Automile GPS Tracking system. It generally does what it's description boasts. However, there a few distinct features that need to be addressed to make this a better functioning application. First, it asks you to manually insert most of the information. Outside of the make and model of the vehicle, you must enter color, mileage and body style. Based on your specific VIN number, the OBDII port has all of that information stored in it. But the Automile fails to obtain this for some reason. Secondly, the mapping will intermittently place your driving as erratic at best. It misrepresents your location(s) and often identifies you somewhere in a park or making random U-Turns throughout your trip. Additionally, the use of live updating would be vital here. Instead of it refreshing itself every 15 minutes or so. A lot can happen within that time, so something a bit more sensitive to that would be great. Lastly, one of the most sellable features is the ability to find your vehicle if you happen to forget where you parked. When you attempt to use the ability, the app freezes and you are forced to reboot and ultimately repeat the insanity of trying to complete the process. This app could be great. Per usual, it all comes down to the details.
- Automile AB
- 110.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Automile Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.