Blaha: Pocket Dictionary of Automobile Technology, German-English / English-German, 2009
- the dictionary is a specialist dictionary and contains all essential terms and acronyms from the broad area of automotive technology
- extremely up-to-date specialist terminology with more than 43,000 entries and 55,000 translations
- all entries are presented subject field designations plus numerous brief explanations
- in addition to the “classic” automotive areas such as engine, fuel system, power transmission, chassis, braking system, exhaust system, body, tyres and vehicle electrical systems, the dictionary also covers other areas such as greasing/tribology, bearings, testing, IT in vehicles, traffic and traffic control. Motorcycle and motor sports terms complete the topic areas treated.
About the UniLex-App for iPhone and iPad
- clear and intuitive user interface
- automatic search for all occurences of your search term. Example: searching for "distance" will also find "absolute distance" and "zoned distance protection".
- filtering function to summarize search results in a list of results
- Fast scrolling in an index list
- Hyperlinks enable to navigate back and forth between the articles of the dictionary
- display of a list of search results with a up/down page scroll to further results
- two-list-display - headword list and search results - in the iPad-app
- Offline usage: the UniLex app needs to be downloaded only once. No further internet/roaming cost will incur on usage.
Support of new iOS
Ratings and Reviews
Not a dictionary
This app should be more appropriately called a German
to English automotive terms translator. It's hardly a
dictionary as there are few if any definitions as typically
found in a dictionary. Not worth the price!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.