AutoPad is the easiest way for your band to run background pads!
AutoPad is a tool for musicians that helps you easily run ambient pad loops. Simply tap a key to start a pad, and AutoPad will provide a tasteful soundscape that plays for as long as you desire. Natural crossfades between keys are handled automatically.
- AutoPad has two modes: LIVE mode gives you instant access to all twelve keys, while SETLIST mode allows you to create a custom list of songs.
- AutoPad comes with 10 carefully designed pad sounds. Each one provides a unique atmosphere in all 12 keys. More sounds are available as in-app purchases.
- AutoPad features a built-in metronome. Keep your band locked in without needing to lug around a tracks rig.
- AutoPad's menu gives you control over crossfade time, two filters, reverb amount, pan, and volume.
- AutoPad works with Audiobus 3 and Inter App Audio (IAA) so you can run your pads alongside your other IAA-enabled apps using Audiobus 3, AUM, and others.
- AutoPad responds to MIDI! Plug in a MIDI controller or use a MIDI-enabled app to control AutoPad.
- AutoPad features a dark color scheme that is easy on the eyes and performs well on the stage.
- For iPhones SE and 6S and older, AutoPad may only work with Audiobus 3 and IAA while headphones are plugged in. This is a known issue and is unavoidable at this time.
New in AutoPad 1.7:
- Expand your pad library with a brand new in-app store! Twelve new sounds available now and more on the way!
- LIVE mode and SETLIST mode have been redesigned for a cleaner look.
- New "flats mode" lets you view AutoPad in flats instead of sharps.
- SETLIST mode can now be controlled with MIDI.
- Metronome subdivisions can be set to zero for no downbeat.
- Added an option in menu for selecting AirPlay destinations.
- Added an option in menu that allows you to crossfade to new sounds as you select them in the sounds menu.
- Added a switch that allows you to disable pads for songs in SETLIST mode.
- AutoPad now appears as an instrument in IAA hosts instead of a generator.
- Landscape mode is back on iPhone.
- Fix issue where popover views wouldn't display in split screen mode on iPad.
- Fix bug that caused AutoPad to occasionally crash when removing a MIDI input.
- AutoPad now requires iOS 11.
- Stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Foundation, Needs more Development
Some huge pros:
• the app is STABLE, no crashing, audio is seamless, even when switching between apps
• it's straightforward in its layout, which is a big plus when working on stage
Honestly seeing that this is v1 makes me extremely excited for what it could become. Autopad already is set to be one of the most useful tools in my arsenal. A couple of recommendations:
• add volume control within the app: pads are a bit quiet compared to other apps like Bebot and GarageBand
• add minor chords
• create a way to cycle through a setlist, allow users to create their own grid with what they will need
• also definitely create a way to mess with some of the Pad timbres, such as add more motion or movement, swells, brighten/dampen with low pass filters, etc.
I showed a friend of mine this, and we both agreed it's a great start. It's just the tones, although they're well designed, are rather plane without any kind of background melodic movement like synth swells and chorusy delay/verb chains.
Great idea for an app! A cool future feature would be to have the ability to blend in additional intervals (2nds, 5ths, 7ths). Having the ability to fade those intervals in and out would give this so much more character and make it a more musical tool. I found that I can tap two pads at the same time—sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't. However, fading in specific intervals would be better. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.
We love it and use it weekly
We’ve been using this app on Sunday mornings for a few months. Overall, we’re very happy with what it allows us to do. The simple interface making changing keys and sounds an effortless task, which is hugely important when we’re playing live music. I can keep strumming and singing and quickly adjust the pad. Awesome. Our only critique is that we wish minor keys were available. This would make it a 5-star app for us!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, so glad you like AutoPad! The pads in AutoPad contain only the root and the fifth, so they can be used in both major and minor contexts. For example, a song in E minor could use either an E pad or a G pad. Thanks!
- Ryan Robinson
- 36.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Ryan Robinson
- In-App Purchases
- Bonus Sounds Free
- Shimmer Pads $4.99
- Grainscapes $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.