Autopilot for DJI Phantom, Mavic, Inspire, Matrice
By Auto Flight Logic
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fly like a professional - capturing smooth, perfectly framed, and visually stunning imagery. With autonomous and semi-autonomous flight modes, Autopilot enables you to execute flight and camera control sequences that were previously too difficult or impossible to perform manually.
Autopilot has been extensively field tested, with over 125,000 flights in 200 countries. Autopilot is compatible with the Inspire 2, Inspire 1 (Regular, Pro, Raw, XT), Phantom 4 (Professional, Standard), Phantom 3 (Professional, Advanced, Standard), Matrice (100, 600), and N3/A3/A2.
**Important** Make sure to view the full system requirements at autoflightlogic.com/autopilot before purchasing. Also, all in-app purchases have been disabled, even though the App Store listing still shows that the app has in-app purchases.
- Selectable Modes: Select a Flight Control Mode that best suits your needs for a given flight plan. New Modes will be released over time.
- Flight School: Make safety a priority and increase your situational awareness. Flight School was created with hundreds of hours of real-world flight testing and consultation with professional pilots.
- Motion Tracking: Use GPS to make your aircraft Follow you. Autopilot can even use Image Recognition in GPS denied situations via the Pattern Strategy in Focus Mode.
- Point-of-Interest: Select a point-of-interest for the Focus Subject, Orbit Center, Target Mark, Zip Line Point, or Intercept Origin.
- Airspace: Connect one or more devices and/or aircraft in an Airspace to share locations information which can be used for Point-of-Interest.
- Flight Dashboard: Monitor all the details of your flight, including telemetry, live video, and Google Maps with offline caching.
- Pre-Flight Planning: Set Mode Controls before flying to save battery power, and save a Flight Plan to repeat the same flight multiple times.
- User Accounts: Create a free Autopilot user account to enable syncing Flight Plans across devices.
- Flight Recorder: Automatically record audio, settings, telemetry, commands, and control inputs in the same way a black box does on a modern airliner.
- Barometric Altimeter: Take advantage of the barometer on newer iOS devices for increased accuracy in altimeter readings.
- Background Execution: Multi-task with other apps or lock your phone while Autopilot continues to execute in the background.
- Integration: Use Autopilot with services you already love such as AirMap, Healthy Drones and Drone Logbook.
- Black Box: Fly the aircraft with the Remote Control while Autopilot records audio and flight telemetry.
- Focus: Fly the aircraft with the Remote Control while Autopilot controls the gimbal. Use the Inspire 1 to enable yaw in addition to pitch.
- Follow: Autopilot directs the aircraft to follow your device at a specified Bearing Angle, Altitude and Distance.
- Orbit: Orbit builds on Follow, adding a Bearing Angle that continually changes based on a Clockwise or Counterclockwise Pattern.
- Target: Autopilot directs the aircraft to fly to a Mark location and altitude.
- Zip Line: Zip Line builds on Target by adding a second point which defines a line that the aircraft can travel along.
- Pano: Pano builds on Target by capturing a series of photos that can be stitched into a panorama.
- Waypoint: Waypoint builds on Zip Line by adding multiple points which define a path that the aircraft can travel along.
- Cruise: Fly the aircraft with the Remote Control while Autopilot uses one or more strategies to control the throttle, pitch/roll, and yaw.
- Mimic: Tilt your device in any direction. The aircraft will mimic the tilting motion of the device to the directed pitch and roll.
- Intercept: Point your device in any direction as if it were a laser pointer. The aircraft will intersect the imaginary laser created by your device.
What's New in Version 3.9
- Added 3:2 aspect ratio to Pano Mode
- Corrected an issue with RC signal quality not showing on Mavic
- Corrected an issue with Joystick Pitch/Roll Strategy in Cruise Mode on the Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic
- Corrected an issue with some Phantom 4 Pro video resolutions not displaying properly in the camera settings dialog
- Corrected an issue where the Focus Subject Altitude Offset would not calculate when rolling the gimbal wheel on Mavic
- Corrected an issue where RC Override would constantly display on some Phantom 3 models
- Added Altitude and Distance Tolerance Movement Parameters
- Corrected an issue where the app would unexpectedly terminate when opening a Waypoint Actions tooltip with more than 20 actions
- Added No-Fly Zone manager
Frustrating at the moment
I'm a technically competent person, spend a majority of my career as an engineer, this app isn't rocket science. But I continue to get failure in Waypoint missions and can't figure out what the issue is. I even programmed a simple
Loop in my neighborhood and less than 10 homes away the apps video feed is glitchy, and it lost telemetry from my Mavic Pro, and the mission failed. I cannot figure out the issue, these are not complicated missions either. I've been through the documents several times and nothing is out of place. All firmware is up to date, no internet search seems to point anywhere in terms of issues.
AutoPilot is hands down the best App out there for drone photography. It can repeat complex shots and have fine detailed control over the drones movement. And with flight plans, I can redo the shots over and over again! Whoever made this app is genius!
Great app with even more features
I have had this app since version 1 and each update keeps making this app even more useful and easy to use.
Update 2: Phantom 4 support, C1 and C2 controls, and new drawing tools make this app even better
Update: Airspace mode is now network enabled which means you are no longer limited on distance from the controller.
I am about to try this on my new Mavic Pro. I will update once I get a few flights in!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 09, 2017
- Version: 3.9
- Size: 164 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Auto Flight Logic LLC
- © 2016 Auto Flight Logic, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Orbit ModeFree
- Zip LineFree
- Mimic ModeFree
- Cruise ModeFree