WHY PAY $200 for another AAC app or $3,000 for an AAC device? Thanks for making AutoVerbal the #1 iPad & #2 iPhone Medical app!* AutoVerbal is the Elegant & Affordable AAC alternative! Voted BEST SPECIAL NEEDS APP at BestAppEver.com! Winner, AARP Silvers Summit Award at Consumer Electronics Show!
Now even better! You asked, we answered! CUSTOM PHOTOS, Male & Female voices & 3 ways to speak: (1) 100's of built-in phrases in over a dozen categories (2) Program several buttons to speak your CUSTOM messages such as your name, address, family, etc. (3) Type ANY message and have it spoken using TEXT-TO-SPEECH! Empower yourself or people with Autism & Non-Verbal patients you care for! One low price for iPad, iPhone & iPod touch!
Elegant interface, quality recognizable images & customizations allow for quick & easy communication! Very affordable! Don't pay hundreds out of pocket or worry about Medicare or rationing devices. Everyone can have AutoVerbal!
- iPad, iPhone & iPod touch universal support! Pay one price!
- Users/caregivers can customize the first row of buttons by touching HELP to enter CUSTOM MODE!
- 100's of buttons use Premium TTS voice, prerecorded, even when the Internet is not available!
- Custom TTS phrases can be assigned to the Top Row of buttons.
- Now with high quality voices: U.S. Male, U.S. Female, and now U.K. Male!
"[Esteemed NZ musician Chris Knox] had a stroke last year. I bought Chris an iPad specifically because of your AutoVerbal app. I try to get him to use it when he is having trouble expressing what he is trying to get across as he has almost no speech. There is potential for this to be a long term major tool to help him. Thanks again, you are doing good work."
1) Type anything in the text box and touch SPEAK to have it spoken!
2) Swipe up and down to see different categories of phrases. Swipe left and right within a category to see phrase options. Touch the phrase that fits.
3) The Text Box is a transcript PLUS you can type directly in the box! It remembers the most recent words/phrases you entered or selected. Touch the green 'SPEAK' button to have those words spoken! This allows you to build sentences or repeat a phrase easily. Touch the X button in the Top Right to clear the transcript.
4) The TOP ROW/CATEGORY is customizable. You can customize the text for each button, and with the PRO version, the photos for those buttons. To do so, first touch HELP then select Custom mode. Next select a button, replace the text shown ("Customize" by default) with your custom text and touch Save Phrase. To replace a button with a photo from your library (PRO VERSION), while in Custom mode, touch the button then touch the larger version of the button and select a photo from your library. Touch HELP and User mode to return to user mode.
NOTE: If you do not hear any sounds, make sure your Volume is all the way up AND you do not have your MUTE switch set. That is the toggle button above the volume buttons and it applies to apps as well as phone calls.
*Thank you for making us the #1 iPad (#2 iPhone) Medical app, iTunes USA appstore, 6/2010! Unlike the GirlTalk and GuyTalk versions, this PRO app has both MALE and FEMALE voices PLUS it lets you customize the photos for the top row of buttons!
NOTE: U.K. Male and U.S. Female voices are now built-in. The U.S. Male voice leverages the Internet to create custom text-to-speech. If the Internet is not available, U.S. Male will resort to the U.K. Male accent.
Enhanced for compatibility with the latest devices and version of iOS and bug fix for rotation.
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t work and wont allow an refund
I tried uninstalling and all and nothing works, I was only going to use it for a few days but now it doesn’t have a use
My daughter has CP and she loves it
I had to handle the purchase of this app delicatlly. I bought the app for my Ipad learned how to use it and then showed my daughter as I set up her Ipad. II did not suggest it as it might have seemed pushy to her. When I asked what apps she would like after looking at a few she asked for the "Word Game," what I call the Auto Verbal Pro. She has a Dynavox but won't use it as I think it is for "handicapped" people. When I left her house today she and her staff were busy working on using it. She likes it and I think that she is the best judge for this type of app. It is very simple and the pictures are very colorful and can be enlarged. There is a female and a male voice choice. I look forward to updates as the words are pronounced phonically and not as written. For instance the word bandaid did not sound right. Good job.
Great but here are a few ideas
- Nice images but the ones with words are a bit confusing with the background. Make it a clear, easy to read button.
- Separate catergories even further so you don't see so many at once. Maybe even have an initial phrase like 'I want to eat' and then have the choices of food.
- Have a choice of making buttons even bigger. Fewer choices is sometimes better. Also being able to choose the order they are displayed would be good since for example there are foods my son would never choose so they would go last on the list.
Great program. Thanks for putting it out there.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.