AV Receiver Remote
By Sony Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You can operate your Sony receiver and/or components connected to your Sony receiver with the AV Receiver Remote application. The following Sony receivers are compatible with this application:
1) Prepare your Sony receiver.
1-1) Connect your Sony receiver to your network (For details on how to do this, refer to the Operating Instructions supplied with your receiver or your router.)
1-2) Select "Settings", then "Network", and then "External Control." Finally, set "External Control" to "ON."
2) Connect your iPhone/iPod touch to the same network as your receiver.
3) On the application home screen, tap "Application Settings", and select "Connection."
4) Tap on any displayed receiver that you want to operate. If no receiver is displayed, then tap "Rescan" to search for receivers on the network.
- Demo mode will be active until the application is properly configured with a Sony receiver.
- Please restart this application to synchronize with the Sony AV Receiver if you revise any settings (Input Name, Input Icon, My Library, Tuner Preset, Macro, etc.).
- For more details, refer to the "Help" in "Application Settings" on the application home screen.
Please Read STR-DA5600ES
Connection problem with STR-DA5600ES. I have 2 iPhones. 1 is on ios 4.2.1. I never have a connect issue on this phone. The other on ios 5.0.1. and this one will rarely pick up the amp. It seems to be an issue with the app not being compatible with the new iOS. Please listen to the consumers and update the compatibility issue. We buy Sony because of its versatility and quality. Don't let a free app taint our opinions of why we buy Sony products.
OK when it actually connects
The app works ok when it actually connects, but it doesn't do so consistently. I have a 4600ES and it connects sometimes. This app is really slow and there is pretty much no customizing the horrible interface. And don't bother trying to contact customer support because they won't answer any questions about it and will just waste an hour of your time. The app would be great if they would read these reviews and update it since its been so long since it was released.
Hello SONY, are You reading our comments???
Could You please update Your apps so they will work with ALL Sony AV NETWORK receivers- US and Eu?
That really can´t be so difficult for You, You already have those apps so please add other/ older models as well, please!!
I can´t understand why models like the 6400es or 5500es are not supported, what´s the problem, they were really very expensive, and now no support??
By the way I 100% won´t buy a new Sony AV receiver just to use this or similar app. There are many other receivers out there with much better support...
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Released: Jul 01, 2010
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sony Corporation
- © 2010 Sony Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.