Ava helps anyone to have easier and more accessible communications with deaf and hard-of-hearing people. The app provides 24/7 real-time captioning (with up to 95% accuracy, based on artificial intelligence), on their smartphone.
Transcribing any live communication has never been that easier for individuals or organizations who wish to be accessible!
1) Set up Ava on your phone to instantly transcribe what people say (with 95% accuracy when they're a meter away). Tap words to correct them and teach Ava to transcribe them right.
2) For group conversations where speakers are further than 1 meter away, invite them to download Ava and connect to you: Ava will show a real-time color-coded transcript of who says what.
Never miss again meetings at work, family dinners or social gatherings!
3) Need accessibility in more complex situations? Head to the "More Accessibility" menu and learn how to set up Ava in any situation.
Examples of ways people use Ava:
- Didn’t get what the guy in front of you said? With your smartphone' mic, Ava hears well and shows you word by word what is said. Instant captions, in your pocket, always available.
- Communicate much faster with hearing people, than with pen/paper or notes apps! Type what you want to say, and have Ava speak it for you. Besides, if you connect to friends via Ava by sharing to them your Ava Name, what each person will show up with their own color. What you type appears right away on their screens for incredibly faster communication!
- Push the limits of what you thought you wouldn't have access to. With Ava and easy to find equipments, you could understand vendor tips, doctor's appointments, worship services, classroom lectures, and even online videos and conference calls! Ava paves the way towards a 24/7 accessible world. Visit www.ava.me/life for more details on how other pioneers of accessibility use Ava!
***Find all of the latest Ava news on our Twitter account @avascribe***
HOW PLANS WORKS:
Sign up gives you a complimentary free month of the Ava Freedom Plan – no credit card required. You'll be able to start conversations with unlimited captioning time, and use Ava anytime, anywhere. Once your free month is over, you'll be automatically switched to the Free Plan:
Free Plan – $0 forever
Start conversations and caption up to 5 hours every month for everyone.
Joining another Ava user's conversation never uses your captioning credit.
Freedom Plan (for individuals) – $29.99 a month
Start conversations with no limit, anytime, anywhere.
Benefit from team's help to setup your accessibility in your daily life (work, school, events, place of worship, etc.)
Accessibility Plans (for organizations) – Contact our sales team
Set up Ava accessibility to make communications in your organization accessible to your deaf/hard-of-hearing members/visitors.
Questions? Suggestions? You can speak to a real person at Ava. Our trusty customer support team is just an email away --- simply write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your $29.99 USD subscription to the Ava Freedom Plan guarantees you a renewing 30-day period of unlimited captioning time.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of your purchase.
- Your Ava Freedom subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the month.
- Your account will be charged $29.99 USD for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- Your subscription may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- Any unused portion of the Free hours will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to Freedom.
Time for some amazing updates after several weeks of hard work! Here’s what’s up:
- We’ve implemented a complete new onboarding flow to get you set up with Ava, faster and easier.
- Changed the feedback screen that pops up after your conversation. Easier and nicer to give us your feedback. Pre-filled feedback options.
- Special tutorials to guide you through some new and existing features, making them super easy to discover and understand.
- Several important improvements to the design of the app. Most importantly a more intuitive microphone button.
- Many bugs fixed in this version. Getting better every day!
We continue to welcome your feedback, suggestions, and feature requests, through the Support Menu in the app or by email at email@example.com. Thanks for your usage and support!
Ratings and Reviews
I am Deaf
I have been using Ava for quite awhile now and would recommend it to just about anyone who is either deaf or works with the deaf or hard of hearing. This app has helped me in more ways then I can write in just one review, it has had its glitches but the development team is always on top of every issue. I am fairly newly deaf and this app has been a lifesaver for me I highly recommend it.
Thank you for this app!
My father lost his hearing in February of 2018, and without this app we wouldn’t have been able to communicate with him to the level that this app allowed. Ava gave him the ability to communicate with his doctors, audiologists and attend church. I can’t thank your company enough for creating this app! I urge you to market this app to the ENT medical community, so this app is available to their patients.
Completely WCAG noncompliant
Deafblind people exist, and could possibly benefit from this app. Unfortunately, the app is completely inaccessible to the blind. Voiceover works sporadically as things are incorrectly labeled. And then, “select the pictures with the cars? Seriously? It’s a worthless app if you are visually impaired. No way to get around. Nice from people purportedly making a device to make things more accessible for those with Disabilities or who are Deaf.
- Transcense Inc.
- 131.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Transcense, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ava Freedom Plan $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.