Avadon 2: The Corruption HD
By Spiderweb Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* 'With everything set up so that even a newcomer to the genre can pick it up quickly, there’s no reason not to see if this could be the beginning of a lovely relationship. 4/5" - Indie Game Reviewer
* "A very rewarding and easily recommended gaming experience." - Gear Diary
* "As a whole, Avadon 2: The Corruption offers a great value for those who enjoy an old-school style RPG. To tell you the truth, I ended up playing this game for eight hours straight on my first play. 4.5/5"
- Game Industry News
* "Do yourself a favor and pick it up now and support this great effort to bring us a quality RPG. 5/5"
* "Frankly this is the most fun I've had with an RPG all year. 7/10" - Dealspwn
Avadon 2: The Corruption is a huge, indie fantasy role-playing adventure, the second chapter in the epic Avadon trilogy. You will serve the keep of Avadon, working as a spy and warrior to fight the enemies of your homeland. As a servant of the Black Fortress, your word is law. Experience an exciting fantasy role-playing adventure as you try to save your homeland from civil war and fiery destruction.
Avadon 2: The Corruption Features:
* Comes with the entire game, fully functional. No need to pay more money to do anything.
* Epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
* Five different character classes, with dozens of unique spells and abilities.
* Uncover the fascinating histories of Avadon and the many lands of Lynaeus.
* Many different endings. Will you be loyal to Avadon or switch sides and bring it down? The choice is yours!
* Dozens of side quests, dungeons, and secrets to discover.
* Hundreds of magical items to find. Use powerful crystals to make your artifacts even more powerful.
* Huge adventure with lots of replay value. Experience with Avadon: The Black Fortress is entirely unnecessary to enjoy Avadon 2.
Huge world became tedious
Having played a few of the old Spiderweb shareware games on Mac years ago and with great respect for their indie efforts, I bought this one for a long trip where I would have a lot of down time. The whole world is quite impressive, with interesting choices and political alignments. However, after playing many hours, maybe 60% through, it increasingly felt like a chore to schlep my characters around, keep track of their goals and rearrange and sell their secondhand gear/loot. I’m wondering if the earlier games were tighter, or perhaps when I was younger I enjoyed roleplaying as a human resources, travel logistics, and ebay specialist. But not anymore - I got bored. I have definitely had good experiences with other big sandbox and campaign games, but unfortunately did not feel like completing this one. It wasn’t an active decision; I just decided to play something else one day and never went back.
Another fantastic Spiderweb RPG
Nobody on iOS makes them quite like Spiderweb Software. As an old school Ultima, Bards Tale, and Baldurs Gate guy I grew up and love what's considered "old school" RPGs. I played the first Avadon all the way through, then Avernum, and figured I'd be sick of the formula by now. But I was wrong, Avadon 2 is just as terrific as the first one and has me unable to put it down. Once again a a great story. The whole experience feels like it's running much smoother this time around too - but maybe that's more my newer iPad than any major engine improvements. Bottom line - worth every cent if you like older style RPGs.
This is how games were and are supposed to be...
I read the reviews for previous Spiderweb Software games and liked what I saw. I saw NO in-app purchases and liked what I saw. I saw the $10 price and liked what I saw. I purchased the game and love what I'm seeing and experiencing. This is how gaming is supposed to be and how it used to be. One price gets you the full and complete game...no micro transactions and in-app purchases which ruin gameplay.
Bravo on an excellent game and for bucking the micro transactions trend. Electronic Arts...are you listening?