* 'With everything set up so that even a newcomer to the genre can pick it up quickly, there’s no reason not to see if this could be the beginning of a lovely relationship. 4/5" - Indie Game Reviewer
* "A very rewarding and easily recommended gaming experience." - Gear Diary
* "As a whole, Avadon 2: The Corruption offers a great value for those who enjoy an old-school style RPG. To tell you the truth, I ended up playing this game for eight hours straight on my first play. 4.5/5"
- Game Industry News
* "Do yourself a favor and pick it up now and support this great effort to bring us a quality RPG. 5/5"
* "Frankly this is the most fun I've had with an RPG all year. 7/10" - Dealspwn
Avadon 2: The Corruption is a huge, indie fantasy role-playing adventure, the second chapter in the epic Avadon trilogy. You will serve the keep of Avadon, working as a spy and warrior to fight the enemies of your homeland. As a servant of the Black Fortress, your word is law. Experience an exciting fantasy role-playing adventure as you try to save your homeland from civil war and fiery destruction.
Avadon 2: The Corruption Features:
* Comes with the entire game, fully functional. No need to pay more money to do anything.
* Epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
* Five different character classes, with dozens of unique spells and abilities.
* Uncover the fascinating histories of Avadon and the many lands of Lynaeus.
* Many different endings. Will you be loyal to Avadon or switch sides and bring it down? The choice is yours!
* Dozens of side quests, dungeons, and secrets to discover.
* Hundreds of magical items to find. Use powerful crystals to make your artifacts even more powerful.
* Huge adventure with lots of replay value. Experience with Avadon: The Black Fortress is entirely unnecessary to enjoy Avadon 2.
* Now fully 64-bit compatible!
* Numerous small interface improvements.
This version requires iOS 8 or later.
Ratings and Reviews
Tougher than Avadon 1, but still worthwhile.
My biggest gripe is that this game's difficulty escalates much faster than Avadon 1, and this difficulty isn't just due to mechanical rebalancing. Nonetheless, it makes people try different strategies (such as hit-and-run) but it can still be pretty frustrating when cannon-fodder enemies have about as much health as bosses do. I would also say that currently, I enjoyed Avadon 1's plot better (in particular, the first time you enter the Corruption kinda lost my attention for awhile), but once you get halfway-through, it starts to get interesting again.
Having finished the game now, I am disappointed to some extent by the ending. There are multiple ways to end the game, but the easiest way to end it was anti-climatic. Nonetheless, still a good plot and if you are planning on playing Avadon 3, you should definitely play this one first for plot reasons.
Great Retro Fantasy RPG!!!
Spiderweb Software makes the best story driven RPG's that I ever played. If you like old school fantasy RPG's like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Avernum, and Dungeons of Chaos on iOS, then this game is for you!
Tedious after 2/3
I am a big fan of Spiderweb games, but I have become frustrated with this game. There are 2 things that frustrate me. First, why is there a cap on levels at 30? I reached level 30 about halfway through the game. Now what? Why not allow characters to get more powerful, or at least develop through more of the game? What's wrong with having a character that can eventually wade through lots of enemies quickly? The thing I find most frustrating is the section of the game where they start throwing lots of enemies at you in an endless stream as you try to run for some goal (like Fort Farsite, or whatever it's called). I finally gave up. It's not fun to just blow through potions and scrolls without making any progress. As an aside, it's annoying that "regular" troops are so powerful that they can cause trouble for a level 30 Hand of Avadon. Why can their magic users cast 4 spells at a time. If they can do it, I should be able to also. Anyway, I hope the next game is better.
- Spiderweb Software
- 176.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2013-6 Spiderweb Software, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.