Avaz Pro - AAC App for Autism (Augmentative Picture Communication Software for Children with Special Needs)
By Avaz, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Avaz, a full-featured AAC app, has been developed for children who are non-verbal or who have difficulty speaking. Avaz has been designed with the vision of making every voice heard! Avaz is child- and caregiver-friendly, and helps therapists and educators to bring out the maximum potential in children. Avaz has received top international awards, including being on MIT’s list of Top 35 Innovations in 2011.
Note: Avaz Pro is now more powerful and has all the features of Avaz Together. Download Now!!
PRAISE FOR AVAZ
“Has a very clean presentation and is very intuitive to use. 3 stars/3 stars.” - Jane Farrall, AAC and Assistive Technology Expert and Speech Pathologist, Spectronicsinoz
“Avaz for Autism is the most flexible and functional assisted communication software I have seen for the iPad. It’s an outstanding tool and will open doors for countless individuals who need assisted communication.” – Sandra Fleming, bestappsforkids.com
“Avaz is a great AAC option for many reasons, but we especially love the dedication to continued improvements and innovation.” – Dr. Robin Parker, Consulting Director, UM-NSU Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD), PrAACtical AAC
WHY CHOOSE AVAZ?
Avaz was developed in collaboration with 25 schools and 500 children, to help children with autism achieve the most effective communication possible. Avaz is also useful for children with Down Syndrome, Angelman's Syndrome, Aspergers, Apraxia and other non-verbal conditions. Avaz’s user interface is designed to make speech therapy more effective, develop a child’s language, and improve his/her intent to communicate.
Avaz uses picture symbols and high-quality voice synthesis to help users create messages. It comes with 3 research-based, graded picture vocabularies, and a Core Words set that will help a child begin to communicate. These vocabularies have been designed to facilitate spontaneous novel utterance generation, encouraging a child to not only use language, but also generalize from it.
While Avaz helps a child get started quickly with pictures, it's also great for facilitating easy transition into text. Avaz's keyboard has support for saving and loading text, a Quick response bar for frequently-used messages, and a picture-assisted text prediction capability for sight readers.
Avaz features animation for maximizing reinforcement, the ability to remove distracting content from the screen, fine-grained control over the speech output, and a high-contrast mode.
Avaz is exceptionally easy to customize, and comes with 7 high-quality voices from Ivona. You can even record your own voice! Avaz takes the hassle out of 'programming' a typical AAC aid, and keeps the focus on interacting with the child.
• Research based, graded Vocabulary
• Symbols and Images (15,000+ high-quality Symbolstix symbols or use your images)
• Measure the child’s progress with Avaz analytics, presented as easy to understand graphs
• Print the vocabulary as a book , now the child can get consistent acces to his AAC device, even without an iPad
• Easy backup and restore using iTunes and Dropbox
• Seamless Integrated Text and Keyboard Mode
• Be Social! Share your messages using email, Facebook, Twitter
• Reinforcement using zoom and animation
• Alert key
• Word prediction with pictures and text
• Instant Search to explore vocabulary easily
• Consistent Motor Planning
• No active internet connection (Wi-Fi or 3G) required
• Grid Size Control
• Very simple help screen on all pages
√ Educational institutions can get a 50% discount on Avaz if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education
√ Detailed Tutorials and Support Videos http://www.avazapp.com
What's New in Version 4.2
Add any sentence and Avaz will show you how to model it!
Get on a teletherapy call with Avaz Live (Avaz -> Settings -> Avaz Live)
Search for images from the web within the app.
2 new activities added!
One of the best full-featured AAC apps on the market in my opinion. Practice sessions included make this app unique and easy to learn. High contrast, changing icon size, variety of vocabulary choices, zoom and search features make this app a "must-have" for an SLP trialling AAC with students. The developer is very receptive to feedback and app is continuously improving.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 06, 2015
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 1.10 GB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Avaz, Inc.
- © 2014-15 Invention Labs Engineering Products Pvt Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.