Avenza PDF Maps
By Avenza Systems Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the App. Get the Map.®
PDF Maps is a powerful, award-winning offline map viewer with a connected in-app map store to find, purchase and download professionally created maps for a wide variety of uses.
Maps are stored on your device and are always available even when not connected to the Internet. Maps don't need cellular coverage to be viewed so you can avoid data roaming charges when traveling. Carry maps around like books or music!
Going hiking? Find an official park or topographic map. Navigate with only GPS (cellular data can be disabled), record your tracks, estimate travel times, and add placemarks and photos to share with others.
Thousands of free specialty maps available on the PDF Maps Store:
• Camping and hiking including National Park Service maps and other regions of the world
• Topographic use including USGS and Canadian Topographic maps and other regions of the world
• Nautical and Marine navigation including NOAA and FAA charts for North America and other regions of the world
• Maps for tourists, transit, travel, special events, historic and much more!
Even more great app features:
• Show GPS position and compass for navigation
• Measure distances and areas
• Overlay search engine results on any map for offline use
• Handy map searching tools to find the map you need
• Load your own geospatial PDF, GeoPDF®, GeoTIFF and JPG maps from the file system, Dropbox, a URL, or email
Looking for a particular map? Want to register as a vendor to sell maps? Contact us and let us know. We love hearing from you and we're adding more maps daily.
PDF Maps is free for personal use. Any commercial, governmental, academic or other non-personal use requires the purchase of a commercial license. Contact email@example.com or visit www.pdf-maps.com/licensing for details.
Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• iOS 7.1 or greater
• iPhone 4 or better, 4th Gen. iPod Touch or better, iPad 2 or better
Connect with us:
What's New in Version 2.7.4
Resolved an issue when adding a map using a Map Store link
Great app for the field, the road or just browsing.
I love Maps. I love them more my iPad. I love them best geo-referenced, as in Avenza PDF maps. Once only available on paper, many maps published by government agencies are increasingly available in digital form. The smart agencies are using a Avenza maps to distribute their "geo-referenced" (meaning that the little blue dot generated by the on-board GPS chip shows you precisely where you are at the map--even in areas without cell coverage) maps. If you downloaded the map(s) first at home, will not burn through your data allowance downloading in the field or on the road. While they have lots of free maps, they also sell them within the app. No more mis-folding paper maps or ruining them by spill the rain. I've also found her support to be excellent.
Great for navigating off the beaten path!
I've been using this app for several months now...
I use it with a variety of Forest Service maps to locate Forest roads for camping, and trials, without having to carry my big old Atlas & Gazetteer.
What I most like about this app over those traditional maps are that my now older eyes are sooooooo happy when I enlarge the maps for easy viewing (can't do that with paper-ha!).
I'm also pleased that I've been able to locate an amazing number of free maps for the areas I'm interested in exploring, that's a plus (though I don't mind paying for great maps!).
I haven't yet used the geo tracking feature but look forward to exploring that functionality.
To me the most useful aspects thus far are simply having a variety of maps on the go that are easy to manage.
I highly recommend this app for your explorations!
One of a kind
I've been looking for an app like this one for a while.
It allows you to download the PDF map so that you can use it in offline/airplane mode AND it allows you to use your built-in GPS so that you can track where you are on that PDF.
Works wonderfully. I hope all national/state parks allow support with this app!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 29, 2016
- Version: 2.7.4
- Size: 31.2 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Avenza Systems Inc.
- © Avenza Systems Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- BaseImage, LLC Map Product$0.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$5.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$3.99
- US Forest Service R5 Map Product$4.99
- National Geographic Map Product$11.99
- Western Michigan University Map Product$2.99
- US Forest Service R6 Product$4.99
- Digital Data Services, Inc. Product$2.99
- National Geographic Map Product$6.99
- US Forest Service R4 Product$4.99