Avenza PDF Maps
By Avenza Systems Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the App. Get the Map.®
PDF Maps is a powerful, award-winning offline map viewer with a connected in-app map store to find, purchase and download professionally created maps for a wide variety of uses.
Maps are stored on your device and are always available even when not connected to the Internet. Maps don't need cellular coverage to be viewed so you can avoid data roaming charges when traveling. Carry maps around like books or music!
Going hiking? Find an official park or topographic map. Navigate with only GPS (cellular data can be disabled), record your tracks, estimate travel times, and add placemarks and photos to share with others.
Thousands of free specialty maps available on the PDF Maps Store:
• Camping and hiking including National Park Service maps and other regions of the world
• Topographic use including USGS and Canadian Topographic maps and other regions of the world
• Nautical and Marine navigation including NOAA and FAA charts for North America and other regions of the world
• Maps for tourists, transit, travel, special events, historic and much more!
Even more great app features:
• Show GPS position and compass for navigation
• Measure distances and areas
• Overlay search engine results on any map for offline use
• Handy map searching tools to find the map you need
• Load your own geospatial PDF, GeoPDF®, GeoTIFF and JPG maps from the file system, Dropbox, a URL, or email
Looking for a particular map? Want to register as a vendor to sell maps? Contact us and let us know. We love hearing from you and we're adding more maps daily.
PDF Maps is free for personal use. Any commercial, governmental, academic or other non-personal use requires the purchase of a commercial license. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pdf-maps.com/licensing for details.
Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• iOS 7.1 or greater
• iPhone 4 or better, 4th Gen. iPod Touch or better, iPad 2 or better
Connect with us:
What's New in Version 2.5.2
What's New in PDF Maps 2.5.2
• Resolved a track and lines issue where colors and weights were not maintained after export
• Resolved an issue where a placemark icon was not maintained after export
• Resolved an issue where schema picklist values were lost on either import or export
• Tapping a photo in a callout now opens it properly
• Fixed a bug that caused the app to timeout when drawing the location indicator
• Resolved an issue when placemarks added to a newly imported schema layer didn't appear on the screen
What's New in PDF Maps 2.5.1
• Fixed a bug that caused incorrect map referencing on PDF files with a custom coordinate system
• Removed support for iOS 7.0
What's New in PDF Maps 2.5
• Introducing Map Collections: ability to pan seamlessly between a set of maps in the same collection
• Introducing the Layers tab: separates data from maps to allow layers to be shared between maps more easily
• Introducing the Search bar: quickly find maps, existing map features, including points of interest from OpenStreetMap
• Improved ability to add more placemarks
• Placemarks are now aggregated at lower zoom levels when more than 200 placemarks exist on a map
• Layers can now be locked to prevent accidental altering of existing data
• Added an in-app QR code scanner to download maps and data
• Added ability to change the crosshair colour
• Improved GPS Tracks tool
• Added ability to manually rotate the map
• Added ability to share map and feature information through Facebook, Twitter, AirDrop, Mail, Message, and more
• General fixes and improvements to enhance usability
Professional wildfire fighters rely on this software for showing our location on custom maps. It is simple to use and reliable.
The best hiking maps! Great gps tracking as you go.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 06, 2015
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 19.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Avenza Systems Inc.
- © Avenza Systems Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$5.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$3.99
- US Forest Service R5 Map Product$4.99
- National Geographic Map Product$6.99
- Western Michigan University Map Product$2.99
- US Forest Service R6 Product$4.99
- Orbital View, Inc. Map Product$2.99
- Digital Data Services, Inc. Product$2.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$2.99
- U.S. Forest Service Map Product$0.99