Avenza PDF Maps
By Avenza Systems Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Avenza PDF Maps
Get the App. Get the Map.®
PDF Maps is a powerful, award-winning offline map viewer with a connected in-app Map Store to find, purchase and download professionally created maps for a wide variety of uses.
Maps stored on your device and are always available even when not connected to the Internet. Maps don't need cellular coverage to be viewed so you can avoid data roaming charges when traveling. Carry maps around like books or music!
Going hiking? Find an official park or topographic map. Navigate with only GPS (cellular data can be disabled), record your tracks, estimate travel times, and add placemarks and photos to share with others.
Even more great features:
• Show GPS position
• Measure distances and areas
• Overlay search engine results on any map for offline use
• Handy map searching tools to find the map you need
• Load your own Geospatial PDF, GeoPDF®, GeoTIFF and JPG maps from the file system, Dropbox, a URL, or email
Thousands of free specialty maps available through the Map Store:
• Camping and hiking including National Park Service maps and other regions of the world
• Topographic use including USGS and Canadian Topographic maps and other regions of the world
• Nautical and Marine navigation including NOAA and FAA charts for North America and other regions of the world
• Maps for tourists, transit, travel, special events, historic and much more!
Looking for a particular map? Want to be a vendor to sell maps? Contact us in the app and let us know. We are growing and adding more maps daily!
Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
PDF Maps is free for personal and private use. Any commercial, governmental, academic or other non-personal use requires the purchase of a commercial use license. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pdf-maps.com for details.
• iPhone 3GS or better, 4th Gen. iPod Touch or better, iPad 2 or better.
Connect with us:
What's New in Version 2.4.0
New with version 2.4.0:
• iOS8 stability fixes
• Added scale bar when zooming in and out of a map
• Additional minor bug fixes and improvements
Has to be one of my favorite apps.
I use this app for hiking and it is amazing. You download the maps (some are free, others you have to pay a small fee which is worth it if you're going to go to the same state park or recreation area more than once). It uses your phone's gps location to track you and show you where you are on the map at any given moment. Perfect for those places that are remote and you have no signal. With this app, I can feel free to explore new trails without being afraid of getting lost. Highly recommended!
I never write reviews!
This app is so good I'm actually writing a review! I use it to download Forest Service Motor Vehicle Use Maps for motorcycle riding and it does exactly what I need it to do. I still carry paper maps just in case, but it's a lot easier to just whip my phone out and look at it.
A must have App!!!
I have used this app countless times for backcountry hiking excursions and international travel. Many of the free international maps have better road and navigational detail than your paper maps. Highly recommended!!!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 20, 2014
- Version: 2.4.0
- Size: 16.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Avenza Systems Inc.
- © Avenza Systems Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$5.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$3.99
- US Forest Service R5 Map Product$4.99
- Orbital View, Inc. Map Product$2.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$2.99
- US Forest Service R6 Product$4.99
- Digital Data Services, Inc. Product$2.99
- Western Michigan University Map Product$2.99
- National Geographic Map Product$6.99
- US Forest Service R4 Product$4.99