Avenza PDF Maps
By Avenza Systems Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the App. Get the Map.®
PDF Maps is a powerful, award-winning offline map viewer with a connected in-app map store to find, purchase and download professionally created maps for a wide variety of uses.
Maps are stored on your device and are always available even when not connected to the Internet. Maps don't need cellular coverage to be viewed so you can avoid data roaming charges when traveling. Carry maps around like books or music!
Going hiking? Find an official park or topographic map. Navigate with only GPS (cellular data can be disabled), record your tracks, estimate travel times, and add placemarks and photos to share with others.
Thousands of free specialty maps available on the PDF Maps Store:
• Camping and hiking including National Park Service maps and other regions of the world
• Topographic use including USGS and Canadian Topographic maps and other regions of the world
• Nautical and Marine navigation including NOAA and FAA charts for North America and other regions of the world
• Maps for tourists, transit, travel, special events, historic and much more!
Even more great app features:
• Show GPS position and compass for navigation
• Measure distances and areas
• Overlay search engine results on any map for offline use
• Handy map searching tools to find the map you need
• Load your own geospatial PDF, GeoPDF®, GeoTIFF and JPG maps from the file system, Dropbox, a URL, or email
Looking for a particular map? Want to register as a vendor to sell maps? Contact us and let us know. We love hearing from you and we're adding more maps daily.
PDF Maps is free for personal use. Any commercial, governmental, academic or other non-personal use requires the purchase of a commercial license. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pdf-maps.com/licensing for details.
Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• iOS 7.1 or greater
• iPhone 4 or better, 4th Gen. iPod Touch or better, iPad 2 or better
Connect with us:
What's New in Version 2.7.1
• Support for the Affiliate Program
• Fixed an issue when importing password protected PDF files
• Other improvements and bug fixes
Best PDFs map app.
Best PDF map app out there. You can buy USGS topo maps, USFS, Trails Illustrated, just about any map you could desire. Some you pay for, others are free. My favorite aspect of this app is the ability to add photos and comments for trip planning and/or during your trip. If you like to explore like we do, you can look over your maps to see places you marked to revisit. This is especially a great app if you are a photographer and were in a hurry the first time through. You can snap a few images, note sun angles and return.
Support is usually quick and they have responded well to my questions. My only want is to have this app be Apple Pencil/iPad Pro enabled so I can add tracks and join them.
THE BEST APP for hiking.
I've tried many apps for hiking. This app hands down beats them ALL. You have to buy the good maps unless they are free. You can also plan routes on this app as well.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 18, 2016
- Version: 2.7.1
- Size: 19.7 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Avenza Systems Inc.
- © Avenza Systems Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$5.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$3.99
- US Forest Service R5 Map Product$4.99
- BaseImage, LLC Map Product$0.99
- National Geographic Map Product$6.99
- Western Michigan University Map Product$2.99
- US Forest Service R6 Product$4.99
- Digital Data Services, Inc. Product$2.99
- Orbital View, Inc. Map Product$2.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$2.99