Avenza PDF Maps
By Avenza Systems Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the App. Get the Map.®
PDF Maps is a powerful, award-winning offline map viewer with a connected in-app map store to find, purchase and download professionally created maps for a wide variety of uses.
Maps are stored on your device and are always available even when not connected to the Internet. Maps don't need cellular coverage to be viewed so you can avoid data roaming charges when traveling. Carry maps around like books or music!
Going hiking? Find an official park or topographic map. Navigate with only GPS (cellular data can be disabled), record your tracks, estimate travel times, and add placemarks and photos to share with others.
Thousands of free specialty maps available on the PDF Maps Store:
• Camping and hiking including National Park Service maps and other regions of the world
• Topographic use including USGS and Canadian Topographic maps and other regions of the world
• Nautical and Marine navigation including NOAA and FAA charts for North America and other regions of the world
• Maps for tourists, transit, travel, special events, historic and much more!
Even more great app features:
• Show GPS position and compass for navigation
• Measure distances and areas
• Overlay search engine results on any map for offline use
• Handy map searching tools to find the map you need
• Load your own geospatial PDF, GeoPDF®, GeoTIFF and JPG maps from the file system, Dropbox, a URL, or email
Looking for a particular map? Want to register as a vendor to sell maps? Contact us and let us know. We love hearing from you and we're adding more maps daily.
PDF Maps is free for personal use. Any commercial, governmental, academic or other non-personal use requires the purchase of a commercial license. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pdf-maps.com/licensing for details.
Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• iOS 7.1 or greater
• iPhone 4 or better, 4th Gen. iPod Touch or better, iPad 2 or better
Connect with us:
What's New in Version 2.7
• Support for iOS 9
• Public support for pdfmaps file
• Resolved an issue where photo resolution was not remembered on export
• Resolved an issue where edges of accuracy display circle were cut off
• Resolved an issue where importing data files created in ArcGIS won’t import color
• Resolved an issue where custom icons created in ArcGIS won’t import
• Resolved an issue where sort order of CVS export was reversed
• Added Northing/Easting back to GPX export
• AirDrop export now supports pin color
• Other improvements and bug fixes
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 18, 2015
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 19.7 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Avenza Systems Inc.
- © Avenza Systems Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$5.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$3.99
- US Forest Service R5 Map Product$4.99
- National Geographic Map Product$6.99
- Western Michigan University Map Product$2.99
- Digital Data Services, Inc. Product$2.99
- US Forest Service R6 Product$4.99
- Orbital View, Inc. Map Product$2.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$2.99
- US Forest Service R4 Product$4.99