Avenza PDF Maps
By Avenza Systems Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Avenza PDF Maps
Get the App. Get the Map.
*** Winner of the 2012 Innovation in Mobile Mapping Award from Geospatial World and the 2011 International Map Trade Association "Global Award for Best Map Product Worldwide", as well as many others.
PDF Maps is a powerful, award-winning offline map viewer with a connected iTunes-like map store to find, purchase and download new professionally created maps for a wide variety of uses.
Downloaded maps are stored on your device and are always available even when not connected to the Internet. Maps don't need network coverage to be viewed and which helps you avoid data roaming charges when traveling. Carry them around like books or music!
Going to the Grand Canyon? Grab the free official park map; use it without a network connection and without roaming charges. Navigate the map with only GPS (cellular data isn't required), estimate hiking times, add custom points of interest and record your tracks (with photos!) and share them with others.
Thousands of free specialty maps for offline use available through the in-app Avenza Map Store! Browse and purchase maps for:
• Camping and hiking including National Park Service maps and other regions of the world
• Nautical and Marine navigationincluding NOAA and FAA charts for North America and other regions of the world
• Topographic use including USGS and Canadian Topographic maps and other regions of the world
• Maps for tourists, transit, travel, special events, historic and much more!
Even more great features:
• Plot placemarks and record tracks with GPS
• Measure distances and areas
• Share, pictures and placemarks with family and friends
• Overlay search engine results on any map for offline use
• Handy map searching tools to find the map you need
• Estimate travel time
• Load your own maps through iTunes and Dropbox.
Looking for a particular map? Want to be a vendor to sell maps? Contact us in the app and let us know. We are growing and adding more maps daily!
Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* iPhone 3GS or better, 3rd Gen. iPod Touch or better, or any iPad.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
New with version 2.2.1
• Resolved a Map Store crash when tapping "See More" for the Topographic category
New with version 2.2
• Compass tool redesigned - tap the GPS location button twice to enable the compass
• iOS 7 style placemark pins
• Placemark Photos interface and export improvements
• Resolved a Map Store crash when attempting to purchase a map when not signed into an account on the iPad
• Improved Map Store purchase history reporting
• iOS 7 Map View performance improvements
• Included DMS symbols (° ' ") to Coordinate Display formats
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 07, 2014
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Avenza Systems Inc.
- © Avenza Systems Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$5.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$3.99
- Orbital View, Inc. Map Product$2.99
- US Forest Service R5 Map Product$4.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$2.99
- Orbital View, Inc. Map Product$1.99
- Digital Data Services, Inc. Product$2.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$4.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$0.99
- US Forest Service R6 Product$4.99