Avenza PDF Maps
By Avenza Systems Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the App. Get the Map.®
PDF Maps is a powerful, award-winning offline map viewer with a connected in-app map store to find, purchase and download professionally created maps for a wide variety of uses.
Maps are stored on your device and are always available even when not connected to the Internet. Maps don't need cellular coverage to be viewed so you can avoid data roaming charges when traveling. Carry maps around like books or music!
Going hiking? Find an official park or topographic map. Navigate with only GPS (cellular data can be disabled), record your tracks, estimate travel times, and add placemarks and photos to share with others.
Thousands of free specialty maps available on the PDF Maps Store:
• Camping and hiking including National Park Service maps and other regions of the world
• Topographic use including USGS and Canadian Topographic maps and other regions of the world
• Nautical and Marine navigation including NOAA and FAA charts for North America and other regions of the world
• Maps for tourists, transit, travel, special events, historic and much more!
Even more great app features:
• Show GPS position and compass for navigation
• Measure distances and areas
• Overlay search engine results on any map for offline use
• Handy map searching tools to find the map you need
• Load your own geospatial PDF, GeoPDF®, GeoTIFF and JPG maps from the file system, Dropbox, a URL, or email
Looking for a particular map? Want to register as a vendor to sell maps? Contact us and let us know. We love hearing from you and we're adding more maps daily.
PDF Maps is free for personal use. Any commercial, governmental, academic or other non-personal use requires the purchase of a commercial license. Contact email@example.com or visit www.pdf-maps.com/licensing for details.
Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• iOS 7.1 or greater
• iPhone 4 or better, 4th Gen. iPod Touch or better, iPad 2 or better
Connect with us:
What's New in Version 2.7.3
• Fixed a bug where GPS tracking stopped recording when idling for more than 15 minutes.
Gets the job done, but it could be improved.
Used this map on a recent 2 day overnight backpacking trip and plant to use it again on an upcoming overnight. It is quickly becoming my favorite offline app.
- Contains free maps that can be used (although they lack a lot of valuable information).
- contains a HUGE collection of very high definition maps
- accurately shows your GPS location on the map without the need of service. I had my phone on airplane mode and I always knew where I was. I never once lost signal.
- Tom Harrison maps are available for purchase at a reasonable price.
- Allows you to record your route and display it on the map.
- The map previews do not give me enough info to decide whether or not I want to purchase the map. Ex: I bought a $1 map and realized it did not contain the entire area I needed.
I will admit I am a layman when it comes to maps (specially online maps). However, it's perfect for campers/hikers/backpackers. I'm sure this app has a lot of potential and tools that I am not aware of.
Amateur nautical use
I use it for kayaking. I can track my miles and it does it better than any other app or gps device I own. I could purchase a Nautical GPS, but I'm not a pro or anything.
It could be better, and in time I'm sure it will be. For now it's the best free app that doesn't have any ads.
How do transfer routes on maps between devices?
Why can't I transfer routes between phone and iPad?
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 02, 2016
- Version: 2.7.3
- Size: 19.5 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Avenza Systems Inc.
- © Avenza Systems Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- BaseImage, LLC Map Product$0.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$5.99
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference Map Product$3.99
- US Forest Service R5 Map Product$4.99
- Western Michigan University Map Product$2.99
- US Forest Service R6 Product$4.99
- National Geographic Map Product$6.99
- National Geographic Map Product$11.99
- Digital Data Services, Inc. Product$2.99
- US Forest Service R4 Product$4.99