Avernum 2: Crystal Souls
By Spiderweb Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Avernum 2: Crystal Souls is an epic, indie, fantasy role-playing adventure in a unique, massive world. The subterranean land of Avernum is full of strange caves, cunning dungeons, and the alien inhabitants of the underworld. Explore a massive, underground nation of tunnels and caverns, packed with over 100 towns and dungeons. Fight to complete up to three distinct game-winning quests. Master over 60 spells and battle disciplines and hunt for hundreds of magical artifacts.
Avernum 2: Crystal Souls features:
* Epic fantasy adventure with over 50 hours of gameplay.
* An enormous underworld, with multiple nations and alien cultures.
* Over 100 towns and dungeons.
* Three separate game-winning quests. There are many ways to fight the invaders. Do just one of them or all three!
* Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any adventure out there.
* Dozens of side quests and hundreds of magical artifacts.
* Rich game system with over 60 spells and battle disciplines and a multitude of beneficial character traits to choose from.
The story of Avernum 2 is self-contained, and previous experience with Avernum games isn't required.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
* Useful items will now light up slightly when you get close to them.
* The trapped gate in the top floor of the Tower of Elderan will no longer be closed when it shouldn't be.
* An exploit with Demonslayer in Garzahd's Fortress has been fixed.
* Wandering monsters around the Tower of Magi are no longer stupidly hard.
* Numerous tweaks and typo fixes.
So much back and forth...
Wish the developed would take a game design course. There’s so much repetitive traveling back and forth for quests that I decided to delete the game before I died of boredom. If there’s water that I have to travel, why are theyre so few places that sell boats? The boats of course get trapped in areas because of waterfalls and then you have to find another boat seller. Shouldn’t every town have a place to sell the stuff you’ve acquired so that you can get gold for training and new gear? I’ve spent less money on other games and had a much better playing experience. Most developers evolve their games and game play over time. This is the same game that I purchased years ago when I bought my first Mac - nothing really new. I played D&D games when Commodore 64’s ruled the earth and had better gaming experiences.
I had so much fun playing this game!!
It was really fun. Reminded of my Ultima days.
The story line is great, and levelling up is done very well.
It is gradual and at a good pace.
My personal strategy was just to quest all around (for like 60 hours literally)
And then I spent the last 10 finishing the game and the final three quests.
But I had a great time doing it.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 12, 2015
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 222 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Spiderweb Software
- © 2015 Spiderweb Software Inc., All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later