Avernum 6 HD
By Spiderweb Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* "Avernum VI on the iPad takes the crown of ‘best mobile RPG’ easily" - GearDiary
* Independent RPG of the Year Runner-up, RPG of the Year Runner-up - GameBanshee
* "It's the genre flag-bearer for offering substance over flash, and it's an epic finale for a series that deserves respect." - PC Gamer
* "You won't see another RPG in the same style, and as well made and enjoyable as Avernum 6 is." - The Gamer Studio
* "Add Avernum 6 to your collection. You won't regret it." - Inside Mac Games
Avernum 6 is an epic, indie fantasy role-playing adventure. It is optimized for the iPad and features an enormous world, a fascinating story, and 30+ hours of gameplay.
Travel into the strange subterranean land of Avernum, full of dungeons, labyrinths, and constant warfare. A set of disasters threatens to destroy your homeland in a spasm of famine and warfare. Only you can help your people to get to safety before everything falls apart.
As you wander the gigantic world of Avernum, you will experience:
* An enormous world. Hundreds of quests, dozens of dungeons and enemy fortresses, and multitudes of characters.
* A fascinating storyline, full of surprises, treachery, and epic battles.
* Many unique encounters. Not just mindless hack and slash. * Many unusual enemies that will require clever tactics to defeat.
* Rich game system with over 50 spells and battle disciplines, many character building options, and powerful secret skills to unlock.
* Unique game world. Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any RPG out there.
* When you purchase Avernum 6 HD, you get the entire game! No need to keep buying more stuff inside the app.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
* Problem with corrupted screenshots in the Save Game window fixed.
* Some balance and scripting tweaks.
(Updated) Finished all 100+ hours of this excellent, fun RPG. Changed my initial rating from 4 to 5 stars, because the ending was very impressive. The final set of quests in the main storyline allow your decisions to determine the fate of the land of Avernum. The different possibilities make a lot of sense if you've been paying attention to the major factions in Avernum and they're actually pretty interesting. Graphics are just OK, but they are not the main draw for this type of game. Get this game if you enjoy exploring a non-linear world, great turn-based tactical combat, and meaningful choices that affect the game world in intelligent ways. The interface and game mechanics are solid. The game can be challenging--which I enjoyed--but the difficulty setting can be lowered or raised at any time depending on your preference. There is also plenty of help on the web, especially on the developer's site, if a quest has you stumped--and some of the side quests occasionally will. Bottom line, if you like some challenge and an amazing amount of content, you won't regret getting this game! Avadon, by the same developer, is also excellent IMHO. I hope more users support this developer, so they develop additional titles.
Good, Needs the Escape From The Pit revamp
I loved Escape From The Pit, which was apparently revamped for iOS instead of just ported. It had clear skill trees and switched scale between outdoor and indoor maps just like old school D&D campaigns. The world and overview maps looked quite nice. In this game the skills are all "mystery meat," with completely secret dependencies. It uses the same scale indoors and out, so towns are now just a corridor away from each other and the world feels a lot less epic. The world and overview maps are pretty crude, forcing you to "hover" with your finger and look down in a scrolling box to see the label text. Crucial information (such as characters being debilitated by hunger) is shown only by a passing line of text in that box - no icon or anything in the actual character info. And a crash can corrupt the current saved game file, requiring you to use iExplore on your computer to delete it to get the game working again. That said, there are hundreds of hours of play with complex story lines and combats - well worth the purchase price.
I was looking for something old school in the vein of ultima 7 for my iPad and I came across Avadon the black fortress. Since then I have downloaded both Avernum games. I find them simply amazing. Nice graphics, engrossing story and worth every dime. I'm playing on an original iPad and haven't come across any problems thus far. Just buy the game, you won't regret it.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 01, 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 34.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Spiderweb Software
- © 2012, Spiderweb Software, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.