Avi-on is an easy to use multi-room and whole building lighting control solution that is easy to install, easy to change, and easy to manage...indoors and out. Using any newer smartphone or tablet with Bluetooth Smart and wi-fi, commercial installers and residential customers can quickly set-up devices, program schedules and timers, and add wireless switches. No wi-fi hub or gateway is required. All schedules and settings are saved on a Bluetooth chip in each device. Once programmed locally, the schedules will operate without the Internet or your phone nearby.
Avi-on enables many users to control many devices through a single account. Your account and settings are saved in the Avi-on cloud, providing instant back-up. You can add 24/7 wi-fi access (and Amazon Alexa compatibility, where available) with purchase of the Avi-on Remote Access Bridge (RAB). The RAB converts the Bluetooth signals on the Avi-on compatible devices/switches to a wi-fi signal that Amazon's Alexa can understand.
How do you get started?
• Power up an Avi-on compatible device by wiring it or plugging it in (plug, switch, bulb, fixture, sensor, adaptor, LED driver, outdoor switch, outdoor stake, and more).
• Use a smartphone or tablet that supports Bluetooth Smart and has strong wi-fi access. Use the latest version of iOS.
• Download the latest version of the Avi-on app. Register your account and password. Check spam folder for verification and password emails.
• Stand near the powered device(s). Press the big + button to add your first device. FAQs on set up are here: http://bit.ly/2F9KaAx.
• FAQs on scheduling are here: http://bit.ly/2ED7y8m.
• If you want wi-fi access, 24/7 clock synchronization, and/or Alexa compatibility, install an optional Avi-on Remote Access Bridge.
What are optional accessories for your Avi-on network?
• Avi-on Movable Switch: 3-way wireless switching
• Avi-on Remote Access Bridge (RAB): 24/7 network synchronization and selected Wi-fi remote controls
• Amazon Alexa compatibility: purchase a RAB and Amazon Echo/Dot or other Amazon hardware. Please check for product/regional compatibility prior to making your purchases
• Other products available at Avi-on.com
What is Avi-on Basic and Avi-on Pro?
• Avi-on Basic includes instant set-up, secure login, schedules with sunrise/sunset, and countdown timers. The actual features depend on the product's manufacturer.
• Avi-on Pro is designed for managing whole commercial building, office, landscape, warehouse, recreational facility, and area lighting installations.
• Depending on your product's manufacturer, Pro Accounts include all of the Basic features plus some or all of the following additions: device favorites and sorting, grouping, schedules, scenes, transitions, and sensor controls.
What else do I need to know?
• For dimming, color changing, sensors, and other specialized functionality, the specific product must offer those features.
• If you would like to add capabilities to your Avi-on account, please visit avi-on.com/upgrade-pro. All products differ. Please check product packaging for details about the specific account capabilities that come with your purchase
• Compatible devices: GE-branded Bluetooth Switches and Dimmers, Avi-on Indoor and Outdoor Switches, Fixture Adaptors, Controllers and Remote Access Bridge, ERP LED Drivers, SPJ Flexlink Outdoor Controls
• Web controls differ from app controls. See myaccount.avi-on.com for your profile settings
Support and FAQs are available at https://support.avi-on.com/hc/en-us, or please email us at email@example.com.
Connecting? Read about firmware updates: https://bit.ly/2HaxGWf. Press (!) on the app; do not take calls, text, or walk away. Schedules? Please see new schedule flow, https://bit.ly/2ED7y8m. Login? All mobile phones and tablets require update to current app. Alexa? Wi-fi access & Alexa compatibility with purchase of Avi-on’s Remote Access Bridge, https://bit.ly/2vt4tEC. Account? See profile, myaccount.avi-on.com. More FAQs, https://bit.ly/2H6ETGF or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Support Was Tremendous
I have had a switch and used the app for a couple of years. I bought two new outdoor switches and although the switches worked I could not get the app to function properly. I contacted the Avi-On support team and they immediately responded within an hour or two. My switches had old firmware that needed updating but the app would not display the update symbol needed to initiate the update as well as some other functions such as changing the name of Devices or deleting schedules. The support team worked with me to try to resolve this problem. When no headway was being made they sent me two new switches that they had updated the firmware and I sent back my two with their prepaid shipping. After many emails back and forth they regenerated my account and I deleted the app and re-downloaded the app. Everything thing then worked. I can’t say enough about the support team for tirelessly pursuing the resolution to my problem. They went well beyond my expectations with email responses and phone calls that in some cases were after their normal business hours. My system now works perfectly.
Horrible App, Decent Hardware & Getting Better
Update: Since i wrote my review, the switches received a software upgrade and I’m impressed, so impressed that i just installed three more in wall switches yesterday and I’m happy. There is definitely an improvement in connectivity when you add more switches, the coverage improves. My iPad seems to communicate better with the switches than my iPhone, maybe due to size of Bluetooth reach? I just purchased the Remote Access Bridge today, so I’m excited to see how that improves things. Things are looking brighter for this app and the hardware, can’t wait to see where they go from here.
I’ve had this about months. I am using a wall switch and the outside plug. Horrible User Experience. Hard to navigate. Have to stand 6” from plug or switch to connect or attempt to change settings. Settings won’t Save. For $40 per plug or switch you think they would invest in the app. Just bought an iHome plug, 100% easier to set up, communicate with and change settings. I’ll be changing out these plugs and switches to iHome products shortly. Don’t waste your time with this crap.
Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear of your frustrations while using the product. We would like the opportunity to help you configure your devices. Please email email@example.com so we can offer personalized assistance for you. Thank you.
Deceptive instructions - don’t waste your time
I bought an Avi-on switch at Target without researching it first, which I rarely ever do. I set it up to turn a lamp on and off in the living room twice a day so my dogs won’t have to sit in the dark before I get home now that it gets dark so early. While setting it up there was not a single mention that it requires a remote access bridge to connect to it when I’m out of range. Because of that I’m not able to make any adjustments to the timer if I find I’m going to be out later than the lamp is set to turn off. The fact that that information is not anywhere in the instructions is extremely deceptive.
Furthermore, after some googling I found I could connect to it via the Alexa app. NOPE. Alexa can’t find the device even if I’m sitting right next to it. I’m returning this piece of crap (the Avi-on device, not my Echo) and getting something else.
Note: Avi-on Developers/Customer Service, please do not reply to this with one of your canned “we’d like to help you” responses. Unless you’re going to offer to send me a remote access bridge free of charge or refund my money, save it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.