The Avid® Scorch® app transforms your iPad mobile device into an interactive music stand, score library, and sheet music store. With this powerful app, viewing beautiful scores is just the beginning.
Thanks to the award-winning Sibelius® engine, Scorch generates interactive notation. Easily learn songs or adapt them to your instrument—then give a great performance using Music Stand mode. Whether you want to showcase your own music or purchase scores from world-class publishers, Scorch is the easy way to practice and perform your favorite sheet music on the go.
• Get started right away with included content and how-to material
• View your own Sibelius or Sibelius First scores and lead sheets—plus chart-toppers, classics, and other premium content from a variety of world-class publishers
• Easily learn songs or adapt them to your instrument by transposing a score, changing instruments, or converting to and from guitar tab
• Display individual parts to remove distraction and focus solely on your instrument
• See the whole score—or individual parts—played on the Keyboard display
• Hear your score by playing it back with sampled instrument sounds
• Mix your score to suit your needs
• Give a great performance and easily turn pages in Music Stand mode
• Increase contrast and make music more legible by changing the text and paper texture
• Enjoy working with the sleek, intuitive user interface
• Send files to Scorch from apps such as Dropbox or Mail
• Publish your own music and sell it in the Scorch Store (requires Sibelius or Sibelius First)
• Make secure, one-touch in-app purchases through your iTunes account
• Find help quickly and easily with the online FAQs and support forum
• Import files created in other music notation software using MusicXML
• Share compositions by emailing or printing scores directly from Scorch
• Play back to an external MIDI device via USB or BlueTooth or over the network
View and Play Beautiful Scores
Scorch is the convenient, elegant way to keep your Sibelius scores with you wherever you go. Get started quickly and easily with the intuitive touch-screen interface and included content. Choose from a variety of paper textures and font choices, and view your scores with stunning clarity. You can also hear your compositions by playing them back with sampled instruments—and that’s just the beginning.
Learn, Rehearse, and Perform
Scorch makes it easy to learn and practice by adapting scores to your needs. Transpose the music to play in a key that’s more comfortable for you or your vocalist, change instruments, or convert to and from guitar tab. See the whole score—or individual parts—played on the Keyboard display. Focus solely on your instrument and remove other parts to eliminate distraction. Then when you’re ready to perform, engage Music Stand mode to turn pages quickly and stay in the moment.
Join the Community
Scorch is your ticket into a huge online community of sheet music providers and enthusiasts. The in-app store provides unparalleled access to the most popular sheet music from the world’s top publishers—including over 150,000 premium titles from Hal Leonard and Music Sales. Browse and purchase sheet music within the application, and enjoy the simplicity and security of using your existing iTunes account. You can also publish your Sibelius and Sibelius First scores and sell them to others.
The Professional Choice
The world’s leading composers, arrangers, copyists, publishers, and educators trust Sibelius notation software to create beautiful scores quickly. Powered by the award-winning Sibelius engine, Scorch is the full-featured, professional way to learn, practice, and perform sheet music on the go.
Synthesizer and wavetables licensed from Crimson Technology, Inc.
Support for scores created in Sibelius 2018.4
Ratings and Reviews
Great for Choirs
I’m a choir director and I use this app a ton! It’s especially great around solo ensemble time for students to be able to practice on their own. They get the visual progression of the music and have the ability to mute their own part or turn down another. It really is a great tool. I can either plug in the iPad to iTunes and drag and drop the .sib file or I can put it onto google drive and the students can pull whatever piece they need (using the “open in” option).
Is it perfect? No. You can’t really index or organize your files. And even though it used to advertise that you can use xml files they just crash the app.
If you have the devices I would highly recommend using this app in your classroom. I had always been a finale user so switching to Sibelius was tough. Actually I have finale on my personal computer so I create the initial file export it to xml. Pull it into Sibelius on my work computer and export it for Avid Scorch (which helps with sizing). I know it seems like a lot of work but it’s really not. Plus I’m not really interested in learning how to use a whole new program like Sibelius.
MusicXML files don’t work
I was hoping to use this app for rehearsing choral pieces, but I can’t get it to work with any of my MusicXML (.mxl) files — tried exporting from Finale and MuseScore, and always get an error “There was a problem loading the score. Please try again.”
features right, stability is an issue
This app has particular features missing from the Scorch plug-in and so in that sense finally provides what Scorch should have been all along, particularly in the control panel that allows individual voice-mute/solo control--this is a feature I've wanted to see in Scorch for a long time. The other feature that is lacking is some sort of hierarchical structure for the content. This lack may be a limitation of the iTunes-based file transfer method. Apps I have that support folder hierarchies generally use a WIFI connection for file transfer.
But then we get to performance, and here the app needs a lot of work. It will play, contrary to most of the reviews at the top when the app was still selling for $8, and I passed on the purchase. At $2 I was willing to experiment, and what I found is not ready for regular use. I noticed some problem loading my own scores--at times I saw a split screen, half my score, the other half the loading meter, stuck on not done, but it would eventually load. Playback started normally but when playing with the mute buttons, I locked up the GUI in a matter of seconds--it would accept no further touch input. "Exiting" and "restarting" the app, playback was still running but further touches resulted in the app crashing.
So fix what's there and give me folders, and I'll be happy.
- Avid Technology Inc
- 121.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Avid Technology, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Scorch Score $3.99
- Scorch Score $1.99
- Scorch Score $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.