By Luis Gargate
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AviMapGPS is a moving map / GPS app for aviation.
***NO SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED***
Made by a pilot, for all pilots out there, AviMapGPS uses sectional charts and general road maps to show your position. Includes airport and navaid information for thousands of points around the world. You can cache maps for offline use, as well as plan / store / display routes and log flight data, while displaying your altitude, speed, heading and other flight parameters.
Non-exhaustive list of features:
- Offline worldwide maps (downloadable & cacheable);
- Thousands of navaids and airports available worldwide (inc. VORs, TACAN, DME, VOR-DME, ...);
- Ability to plan routes with multiple waypoints, including user defined waypoints;
- Logging of flight parameters with the ability to export and share flight data;
- Multiple map modes;
- Navigation parameters displayed (speed, course, heading, altitude, ...) in several possible units;
More info and news at http://avimapgps.lgscisoft.com, and https://www.facebook.com/avimapgps.
Send any comments and complaints, and we will assess them all. Give us a good rating if you think we deserve, and if not tell us why.
**NOT TO BE USED AS PRIMARY MEANS OF NAVIGATION**
**USE THIS APP AT YOUR OWN RISK WITH NO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY TYPE**
What's New in Version 2.1
- Flight logging capability added;
- Flight data sharing over e-mail including map track and google earth data kml file;
Does not show position on map. Very limited settings to try and determine why. No SUPPORT.