Avira Mobile Security
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Avira Mobile Security offers the protection and tools that will help you
keep your iPhone, iPad or iPod secure, and your identity safe. Includes a malicious
process scanner, identity protection tool, and comprehensive Device Locate
Functionality. Device Locate allows you to locate up to 5 of your connected devices
on a map, or by calling them for free or even making them "Yell" all from within the app.
What's more, the app now includes Avira Answers, a community of users ready to
answer all of your tech questions around the clock- for free!
1) On demand malicious process scanner
2) Identity checker to monitor your identity
3) Address book scanner to check your contacts' identities are safe
4) OS checker to ensure iOS is up-to-date
5) Includes Avira Answers, free tech community
6) Location tracking on a map for up to 5 devices
7) Yell option to make any of up to 5 devices make a "Yell" sound
8) Calling option to call lost devices for free from within the app
9) Use a web console to call a missing device
10) Use a web console to trigger an alert and find a lost device
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.5.4
- Swipe up from main screen to enter the Recommended Apps section
- Bug Fixes
Useless. False sense of security...
It does not check for the most recent security breaches. Many of the recent high profile data breaches like Sony, Target, Home Depot, Microsoft Xbox, and many other well-publicized cyberattacks in 2014 and 2015 are missing from the list. Also, it can't locate a stolen device unless the thief decides to leave the Avira app running. That's ridiculous, since Find My iPhone serves the same purpose without needing the app to be open all the time. Avira is a terrible app providing a false sense of security. I suspect many of the 5-star reviews are fakes written by Avira employees.
App maybe is ok or good or very good. No way to really confirm how well this app performs.
One thing for sure, it keeps raising a security issue because of ios not updated. This is totally inaccurate since updated to iOS 8.1.3 almost 2 weeks, ago. But every so often same security warning keeps popping up.
It seems wonderful app
Yes it's wonderful app
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 11, 2015
- Version: 1.5.4
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, En, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG
- © 2014 Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.