Avis Car Rental – Reserve then rent at the airport and other nearby locations
By Avis Budget Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get ready for the all NEW Avis mobile app. Featuring a brand new design, real-time price estimates (including all taxes, fees and surcharges), coupon calculation and even more counter products, the Avis app helps you to book a car easily and manage your rental car reservation from anywhere.
Whether you need an airport car rental in Boston or a quick booking at a neighborhood location, the Avis app makes the process seamless and straightforward.
Our Avis app's features:
* Find your nearest Avis Car Rental locations, hours of operation, addresses and phone numbers.
* Make, modify or cancel domestic and global auto rental reservations 24/7.
* Have a My Avis account? Your rental status and preferences will be recognized instantly.
* Get a receipt and view past rentals any time.
* Receive Roadside Assistance for immediate help.
When you're looking for a car for rent, the Avis app is your one-stop shopping experience.
What's New in Version 8.0
The Avis iPhone app is back with a new, sleek design that is optimized for iOS 7. We've overhauled all facets of the app to create an improved experience to help you book your car quickly and hassle-free.
Some other improvements in this version include:
1. Coupon acceptance. When you enter a coupon number, we'll factor it into your rental estimate.
2. More ancillaries and insurances. Need a Satellite Radio by SiriusXM? How about GPS by Garmin? Add everything from child safety seats to protection coverages to your reservation.
3. Price accuracy. Our estimated total is now even more transparent thanks to the calculation of coupons, frequent travel program surcharges, ancillaries, insurances and more.
4. Speed. The Avis app is now faster than ever before.
Im writing this 5 months after downloading this app and using it for about two dozen reservations all over east coast. This is the picture.
It doesn't guarantee anything, I reserved a mid size and was offered a Ford Expedition in Atlanta a month ago.
Now I need an intermediate and was offered a F-150 in Ft. Lauderdale, just a bad business practice to cater for a professional and or the vacationing family.
It is a sale, because they get you in front a counter and talk you into anything else.
I had to take screen pictures to "guard" my reservation information because retrieving it from this app is impossible.
This app doesn't know anything, its not integrated with their system and its oblivious of inventory when offering you pick up locations, so you end up calling locations to check availability!! You have to do the foot work yourself!!!
And let me say that preferred doesn't mean cheaper but maybe only faster because they have you credit card info on file and funds locked in.
Today I made 6 calls to customer service and 4 to local branches and came back empty handed and with a bad taste in my mouth.
Nice redesign. Great app!
I have used previous versions of the Avis app, and I think they have done a nice job at the update. Fast, easy, no problems. Passbook integration and ability to remember my password would be nice adds! Keep up the good work.
Hate to go against all the nay-Sayers but I love this app. I have made reservations as I was in baggage claim and picked the car up 15 minutes later. I do a lot of traveling and have used this app at more than a dozen airports and in town offices. I love it!!!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jan 27, 2014
- Version: 8.0
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AVIS BUDGET GROUP, INC.
- © 2013 Avis Rent A Car System, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.