By Richard Levy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
AVSub is a fully featured, multi-language music and video streaming (after in-app purchase) app for SubSonic. With multi-format (including FLAC) support, quick & easy browsing, caching for offline listening or viewing, playlist support and a great user interface, accessing your media is fast and simple. With full Bluetooth Audio, Chromecast & Airplay support too, you can have your media with you anywhere, anytime.
Simply connect AVSub to your licensed SubSonic server and you'll have access to your entire media collection. AVSub supports any audio format that SubSonic supports and SSL.
AVSub's user interface is very easy to use. Buttons are large and clear and playback can be controlled by gestures. Optimized views for both portrait & landscape orientations make the most of your device.
AVSub has full Bluetooth Audio support - stream to any Bluetooth device (car stereo, amplifier, speaker, headphones) with superb quality. Bluetooth remote-control is also fully supported.
AVSub supports caching so you can listen to your music or watch video even when you're not connected to the Internet. AVSub will intelligently cache what you listen to in the background, or you can choose to download tracks, albums or videos direct into the cache for quick pre-loading. Cache size is configurable, along with other options such as read-from-cache, write-to-cache and the ability to control direct-downloading over a mobile/cellular network.
Cache management in AVSub is easy too! When browsing the cache, simple swipe right-to-left on item to reveal a delete button. See the AVSub website for more details.
AVSub supports Subsonic playlists also and will intelligently cache tracks on your device.
AVSub can be used on both WiFi or a mobile/cellular connection (3G/4G). Audio caching ensure smoother playback.
AVSub can show enhanced information from your media collection, recognising artists and presenting bio information, top tracks and similar artists.
With AVSub you can access your full media library by browsing through it, selecting from the most recently added, most recently played, most frequently played or highest rated tracks, or search over your entire library for tracks, albums and artists. AVSub also supports multiple SubSonic top-level music folders, allowing you to select an individual top-level folder, or your entire collection. You can browse by folder structure or ID3 tags.
- Universal app works on both iPhone and iPad
- Supports high-resolution digital audio output via CCK up to 24bit/192kHz
- Full equaliser
- Supports Chromecast audio and video (after in-app purchase)
- Supports both portrait and landscape
- Video streaming including caching support via in-app purchase
- Subsonic Jukebox support via in-app purchase
- Notification center widget showing recent items
- 3D Touch quick action shortcuts
- Internet radio stations
- SSL support, including self-signed certificates
- Album and track caching for offline listening
- Folder and ID3 mode
- Multi-disc album support
- Artist Radio/Similar Songs
- Optimized for iPhone 5, 6 and 7
- Gapless playback
- Seek within a track
- Full Subsonic playlist support & management
- Streams over 3G/4G/WiFi
- Maximum streaming bitrate control
- Bluetooth Audio/Airplay support
- Remembers your playlist from the last listening session
- Streams from any licensed SubSonic server (v4.0 and up)
- Browse/search entire music collection
- Browse most recently added, recently played, frequently played, highest rated
- Random albums or songs
- Supports SubSonic music folders
- Shuffle and repeat
- Displays album cover art
- Lock-screen integration
- Documentation & guides available at the AVSub website
- Supports iOS8/9/10
- Supports iPhone all iPhones from 4S & iPads
What's New in Version 19.2
V19.2 of AVSub has the following tweaks
- Rewrite the entire Google Cast implementation to support the latest Cast libraries
- Fix large font on 6/7 Plus suggestions
- Reduce number of startup popups
- Improved detection of network connectivity
- Remove unnecessary text in track cells
- Suggestions work in ID3 mode
- Added settings to choose streaming/transcoding options separately for direct downloadig & playback on both WiFi and mobile/cell
- Organised the settings
- Fix bug causing displayed selected folder to lag behind actual selected folder
- Fixed bug in detecting ID3V2 tag version
- Fixed bug when changing the cache size on devices with less space remaining than the current cache size
- Fixed bug preventing Cell Streaming popup with cell streaming disabled
Works smoothly, nice UI and being able to cast to a Chromecast from my iPhone is huge!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 20, 2016
- Version: 19.2
- Size: 34.4 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German
- Seller: Richard Levy
- © 2016 Richard Levy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Video Playback$0.99
- Chromecast Video/Audio$2.99
- Jukebox mode$0.99