Awaken is the popular macOS alarm clock and sleep timer that's now available for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Awarded “New and Noteworthy”, and “Staff Favorites".
• Wake up to your music or built-in sounds
• Local notification support
• Supports multiple alarms
• Easy to use snooze and stop button
• Volume and brightness fade-in
• Music shuffle support
• Fall asleep to your music
• Volume and brightness fade-out
• Music shuffle support
• Full screen (portrait and landscape)
• Detects proper time format (12/24H)
• Alarm set indicator
• Multiple styles:
LCD (7 colors), Flip Clock, 8-bit, Photo (iPad only)
• Shake to toggle flashlight on/off
• Retina display graphics for iPhone and iPad
• Dark interface designed for nighttime use
• Unique interface for both iPhone and iPad
• Displays album artwork when playing music
• Portrait and landscape support
• Slide finger up/down to adjust brightness
• Double tap clock to show/hide toolbar
• Swipe left and right for previous/next song
With this app on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, you'll never have another early morning rude awakening. Download Awaken now and start falling asleep and waking up to the music you love.
All updates to this application are free and there will be no in-app purchases added.
Follow us on Twitter for updates and development news: http://twitter.com/Embraceware
If you have ANY problems or have feedback please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bug fixes for iOS 11.
- New app icon.
- User interface refinements.
Ratings and Reviews
Has great potential, but unreliable
When I first downloaded this app back in 2012 it worked great. I really liked being able to wake up to my own music and to have the music fade in over time. At that time, the app was very reliable. As time progressed and new updates were released, the app has become unreliable. I have arrived late to work and missed several other events because of this app. I would change the alarm time and save it. I would check the alarm several times to make sure the change was saved, which appeared to be. I would then fall asleep thinking the app would wake me up at the new time. Much to my dismay, I would wake up late. After checking the alarm, I would see that the change to the alarm wasn't saved. I have been unable to find any rhyme or reason as to why changes are saved sometimes and not others. At this point, I have reached my limit on frustration and will be looking for a new app.
Thank you for your feedback. We have addressed all of the reported issues in the latest version.
Great as a Home screen digital clock for night time
I’ve never had a problem with the alarm function, but I rarely use this app for that feature anyway.
For me, this app is perfect to give me a nighttime digital clock on my Home Screen, for when I wake up and night - I don’t want a bright light in my face, but I often have to get up, and then find my way back to bed - I only need a small amount of light, and the Lock Screen clock won’t suffice because it doesn’t stay on……it shuts off after a few seconds if you don’t swipe to unlock (or use touch ID).
So I just launch this app before going to bed, and if I wake up and need the little bit of light it produces whilst seeing the time, it’s perfect.
Thank for you the excellent review. We just wanted to let you know that we just launched a new version today.
This is a nice looking app with some bells and whistles. Unfortunately, it fails too often at the one thing it's supposed to do; it is not always a reliable alarm clock. They seem to put out updates without testing the main function of the app, and then issue "critical alarm clock bug fixes" every once in a while. Of course, this is after you woke up late a few times. And if you haven't checked for app updates in a while, you're SOL.
Reliability issues we resolved in an earlier update. Thank-you for reporting the problem.
- Embraceware Software Inc
- 32 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Embraceware Software Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.