Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Awesome HUD is a great and simple-to-use speedometer for your iPhone!
* Only for iPhone 3G,3Gs and iPhone 4 Due to GPS utilization
- Shows a awesome speedometers that runs off of GPS
- Supports a HUD mode: Place your phone on the dashboard to see the speedometer on your windshield!
- Supports both km/h and MPH
- variety of themes - whenever possible to easily change the theme to suit my taste
- variety of colors - the same themes you wants, even changing the color is nicely decorate.
- Accessories - clock, progress direction (like a compass to scroll) displays
- iPod Music mode - that makes music control very easy while driving
- Show driving record - the highest speed / average velocity / elapsed time / distance display
- Supports speed alert notification
If you have any technical problems please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit http://www.mustbegames.com for more information.
What's New in Version 1.03
- Minor bug fix
- Orientation Bug fix
- Landscape Orientation Unlock
(But when HUD Mode Enable - Landscape Orientation Lock)
Will be buying!!
This is exceptional! For those complaining, I can only advise:
This is not some multi thousand dollar government app. Read the description.
As for calculation of speed: see my previous statement. Further more, speeds are calculated FINE in turns and straight always. The Haversine formula to compensate for Earths curvature is not needed as we are gravity bound: point to point divided by time = speed... Even with curves.
There will always be a lag because as an Apple Developer, yes, calculations can run every freaking fraction of a second, but expect your battery to die in 30 minutes.
Don't like it: write your own app.
Enough said to the haters and speeders who depend on a phone app like it was a cardiac tool. Geesh.
Keep up the good work on this app!!!
Gps not appropriate for speed
GPS measures your speed as an average of samples, and does not take into account altitude changes.
Like this, you drive around a curve, GPS samples your position at two points on that curve and returns your speed as a function of time between points... Rather than actual distance traversed... The result? HUD shows a speed SLOWER than your actual speed.... Your " as the crow flys" speed between two points... Not the speed you actually had to have on the longer path of the curve.
So... Do not rely on this as an accurate speed indicator... Your car's speedometer on the dash is always going to be more accurate as it samples speed continuously.
GPS only produces an average speed across the surface of the earth... Not absolute speed at any moment.
This is a fantastic app!
The only compliant I have is the slight "shadow" behind the numbers when using it in HUD mode but that could just be part of using the iPhone as a heads up display.
No ads and the free version has all the features I want with the only difference in the paid version being different display layouts. Excellent interface.
My other suggestion:
- make it run in the background (not the gps just the app) so that it starts up quicker when switching to it.
- non iPod specific audio control so I can control pandora and whatnot with it
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 08, 2011
- Version: 1.03
- Size: 2.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: JUNG CHUL MOON
- © MustbeGames
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, and iPhone 5s.
Top In-App Purchases