This is the Lite version, showing 30% of the book. It hasn't been updated for iOS8 nor iPhone 6. It has an adult-gated in-app purchase to unlock the rest of the story. This will currently not provide you with the 3D Domino Effect game! If you want to have the complete version with creation game, buy instead Axel's Chain Reaction app on the App Store, which has been updated for iOS8.
*App Circus Online Competition Winner.
*Digital Book World Award 2014 finalist, and recipient of their Quality Excellence Design seal.
*Teachers With Apps Certified App Badge of Approval.
*Picked as Editor's Choice at Best Apps for Kids.
Reached #10 in the US App Store 'apps for ages 6 to 8' category, and #14 in the Books category (only 5 days after it was released!). Ranked top 25 in 48 countries.
A creative tinkerer, Axel Jansen struggles to connect with his classmates and get them to see past the fidgety, distracted, clumsy boy they think he is. Inspired by the work of Kinetic artists, the third-grader decides to build a moving insect to show everyone at school what he’s capable of.
Axel’s own traits means he’ll need a large dose of perseverance in order make a moving sculpture he’s proud of: a swinging, vibrating, tinkling work of art. But his personal bully Daniel sets off a disastrous chain reaction that leaves everyone yelling at each other!
Axel believes he can help by creating a beautiful sensory experience out of this mess —if they give him the chance…
BOOK APP FEATURES:
* ALLOWS FOR DIFFERENT LEVELS OF READER IMMERSION: Explore pages to discover extra dialogues, thoughts, or details of Axel’s creation process. Or skip them if you’re anxious to find out what happens next, and then read the story again if you want to know more.
* SOME OF YOUR INTERACTIONS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE THE STORY PROGRESS: Open Axel’s glued fingers so he can continue working, rub the splashes of paint clean, knock on the classroom door to see Axel’s giant artwork. If you don’t, you won’t see what happens next! (Hints provided).
* PLAY A CREATION MINI-GAME INSIDE THE STORY: make your own animals using objects from Axel’s kitchen.
* HEY, YOU’RE THERE… AT THE END OF THE STORY!
*OPTIONAL SETTINGS: Turn off sound effects and/ or Narration.
Loved by Teachers With Apps: "mesmerized every group of students we shared it with. It delightfully conveys a powerful and poignant message to the youth of today – don’t give up!(...). Teachers are going to love sharing this app time after time, and so will parents.(...) This app has more than character education going for it (...) buy this app to see and experience the magical ending. Well worth every penny"
Carisa Kluver, of Digital Storytime: ""This title is filled with polished animation and top-notch interactivity (...) nearly all of the enhancements add to or reinforce the storyline. Children will love the variety of ways to engage with this story (...) Overall, this is a terrific and unique title (...) The story has great messages about learning to make the most out of our unique talents, sticking with a project and standing up to bullying. It will even resonate with kids and families dealing with special needs. Filled with educational enhancements and a host of other extras, Axel's Chain Reaction is an engaging blend of fiction and non-fiction, with extension activities designed for inspiration."
Story by: Allison Pomenta, member of Moms with Apps "Know What's Inside" Program. Development by: Cubic Jigsaw (a division of Higuera Studios).
Minor optimization, bug adjustments, and change in last page offered for free.
- Laura Allison Pomenta Badolato
- 262 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © @2013 Allison Pomenta, Higuera Studios
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Axel's Chain Reaction Content $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.