Battlefield Recon for Axis & Allies®
By Krystof Enterprises, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BATTLEFIELD RECON FOR AXIS & ALLIES®
Battlefield Recon for Axis & Allies® is a must-have companion to the popular Axis & Allies® board game series. During World War II, recon was a vital aspect of intelligence that provided generals the critical information to make strategic and tactical decisions. Recon takes that a step further and gives you the ability to use that information to accurately calculate your chances in a battle. Recon takes the guess work out of trying to determine whether or not "going in" for the attack will result in a victory. Likewise, as a defender, Recon lets you know whether you've placed enough units to hold a territory safely. Not only will Recon tell you the chances of victory as both an attacker and a defender, but what units are most likely to remain for each. Detailed plots of all the possible outcomes visually show you what could happen! Recon is a very powerful tool that can give you the upper hand and ensure you don't make any mistakes due to guesswork or human calculation error.
* Supports Classic, Revised and 50th anniversary editions of the Axis & Allies® board games.
* Unit Loss Order - The attacker and defender may specify the order in which units are lost as the battle progresses. For example, as a defender in a ground battle you may not want to lose your only bomber first if you are likely to win the battle without doing so.
* Technology - Recon will keep track of each countries' "improved technology" capabilities. This makes it convenient and quick to setup battles as you only have to select the attacker and defender countries to update the technology settings for that battle. Support for all technologies relevant to combat for each game version are supported.
* Plotting - In addition to simple attacker, defender and draw statistic percentages, plots of the probability of each possible outcome for both the attacker and defender are provided.
* Hit and Run - Attackers have the ability to specify if they only want to go a certain number of rounds or roll the battle all the way through.
* Must Take - When the must take option is enabled units are lost according to the unit loss order specified until only one ground unit remains. When/if this happens, the last remaining ground unit is kept and the other remaining units are lost in the order specified.
* Support for all unit types for each game version supported, including AA guns.
Please note this app is not a game. Battlefield Recon for Axis and Allies® is a simulation tool to support select versions of the Axis & Allies® board games.
The AXIS & ALLIES® game and its associated trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of Hasbro, Inc. and Wizards of the Coast LLC. This application is neither endorsed nor sponsored by Hasbro or Wizards of the Coast, and the developer of this application is not affiliated with either company.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Added support for 4-inch Retina (iPhone 5)
- Enhancements to user interface
- Combat setup values are now retained when reselected
The app does not allow for more than 50 units per side. The Karelia / Eastern Europe battle can easily exceed that. The app also copies the units from one team to the other. I should be allowed to enter a different number of Russian and US infantry defending Karelia for example.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 23, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Matt Krystof
- © 2012 Krystof Enterprises, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.