AXIS Gear lets you control and schedule your window shades from the comfort of your iPhone. After installing Gear, download the free app for a smarter home that saves you time and energy.
1) Add new software for bug reporting. Reports can now be submitted from the hamburger menu or by swiping with 2 fingers on any screen.
2) Improved the overall performance and stability of connections via Bluetooth.
3) Updated the reconfiguration workflow to prevent incomplete configuration points.
4) The app now redirects to the main dashboard after going into background or phone sleep.
5) Scheduling improvements and fixes in relation to smart-home mode and schedule deletion.
Ratings and Reviews
Works for me
I see that there are a lot of negative reviews. I have only one device in my bedroom for blinds, which I installed about six months ago. Initially, there were some issues with the software, but now, it is stable and automation works fine for me, I had no issues with the gear since last firmware update, the blinds open and close on schedule without any issues.
Poor software, questionable hardware
I purchased 10 of these, and foolishly installed nearly all of them before discovering it’s nowhere near ready for prime time. The firmware update process just doesn’t work. Every blind has forgotten its schedule and no longer do anything, unless you manually wake up the Axis. Grouping is a feature that’s planned, but dependent on a new Bluetooth standard (don’t hold your breath). Like many of my Kickstarter purchases, I had high hopes for this, but I’m full of regret now. The support is relatively responsive, but you can only work with their engineers from 9-5, which is not helpful if you have a job.
I can honestly say I have never purchased a worse product. The app is as good as the product itself, useless. Just when you think it’s going well, something happens and it stops working, or the chain breaks off, or your blinds only decide to open half way today. The app tells me I’m not connected to Bluetooth when I am, and then when I do, it says I am not in proximity to it. I never should have done their update as it screwed it all up to beyond repair. Over priced, under delivered. Horrible. They rushed to get it out and were not ready and still are not.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.