Embark on a dangerous journey to help Ayo fetch water for her family. Overcome challenges and enemies as you explore Sub-Saharan Africa – gaining skills, wisdom, and courage along the way. Experience Ayo's harsh desert environment as she confronts her fears and braves the unforgiving drought in this adventure platformer.
Ayo: A Rain Tale sheds the light on a young girl who regularly carries her tough water-fetching duty with courage. Ayo’s perilous struggle is shared by many girls in Sub-Saharan Africa who live in communities that have no access to clean water. The daily burden of fetching water is carried by women and children – who go on journeys to distant sources and return home shouldering 40-pound containers filled with water for their families.
• Explore Sub-Saharan lands by crawling, climbing, and double-jumping.
• Experience day and night cycles on your journey.
• Solve puzzles and push through boulders to advance.
• Withstand the harsh desert heat and fight for strength and emotional balance.
• Face challenging enemies and confront Ja Thunderstorm!
• Discover hidden paths and avoid natural hazards such as thorns, lightning, and even lava geysers.
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Best game ever
It's a very good game and very easy controls 😃 the graphics are very cool and nice keep up the good work. Allan Zein
Controls + Fragmented Story
Controls are rather frustrating. Also the story seems disjointed. There’s nice mythical story element but I’m missing smoother transitions into them. They come out of nowhere and thus don’t hit any emotional chords in me. While it’s probably too late to fix the latter, please make controls smoother and let the girl jump a bit farther if you come running and (like in the real world) have more momentum than if you’d jump from a still-standing point.
Wish I could give 5 stars
Great storyline and graphics. Unfortunately the controls are pretty inefficient and the game crashes often. I’m partway through “Braving the Heat” and the game crashes whenever I try to progress. I would love to give a better rating if the developers fixed this issue.
- Inkline s.a.r.l
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2018 Inkline s.a.r.l.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.