Embark on a dangerous journey to help Ayo fetch water for her family. Overcome challenges and enemies as you explore Sub-Saharan Africa – gaining skills, wisdom, and courage along the way. Experience Ayo's harsh desert environment as she confronts her fears and braves the unforgiving drought in this adventure platformer.
Ayo: A Rain Tale sheds the light on a young girl who regularly carries her tough water-fetching duty with courage. Ayo’s perilous struggle is shared by many girls in Sub-Saharan Africa who live in communities that have no access to clean water. The daily burden of fetching water is carried by women and children – who go on journeys to distant sources and return home shouldering 40-pound containers filled with water for their families.
• Explore Sub-Saharan lands by crawling, climbing, and double-jumping.
• Experience day and night cycles on your journey.
• Solve puzzles and push through boulders to advance.
• Withstand the harsh desert heat and fight for strength and emotional balance.
• Face challenging enemies and confront Ja Thunderstorm!
• Discover hidden paths and avoid natural hazards such as thorns, lightning, and even lava geysers.
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great game! It’s fun, easy to learn controls so younger kids will enjoy playing just as much as the parents. Good graphics and story line. My only complaint is that it doesn’t appear to sync game progress between my phone and iPad. Started a game on my tablet and went to continue on my phone an hour later only to discover I had to start a whole new game. 😒 Fix that and it’s 5 stars from me!
Controls + Fragmented Story
Controls are rather frustrating. Also the story seems disjointed. There’s nice mythical story element but I’m missing smoother transitions into them. They come out of nowhere and thus don’t hit any emotional chords in me. While it’s probably too late to fix the latter, please make controls smoother and let the girl jump a bit farther if you come running and (like in the real world) have more momentum than if you’d jump from a still-standing point.
We have a winner!
What a awesome adventure, GREAT JOB!
Dunno what the complaints about the controls are all about, probably more their brains than the controls, i'm not a expert gamer, I buy thousands of apps in the hope to find true gems, and this is def one of the few winners.
- Inkline s.a.r.l
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2018 Inkline s.a.r.l.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.